I had a friend in Atlanta GA who used to go to the Lego store in the Mall of Georgia to look for sets for me when G1 Bionicles were out. Often there was a month or so betweeen UK and US releases (sometimes they got them before us and vice versa). But what also used to happen was they would get, for instance, Skull Warrious in the Winter/spring release, while we got the Toa, then in the Fall release they got Toa and we would get the Skull Warriors. I wonder if they will go back to doing that?

[incidentally, I did a good eBay trade at that time selling Vezon & Kardas sets to US buyers about 4 months before they were released in the US.]

So far we know that BIO2015 wave 2 is currently sold in

France ✓

Germany ✓

UK ✓

and currently we know they're not sold yet in

Italy ✗

USA ✗

Any news from Canada, Spain, Sweden, Poland etc. ?

I asked the seller in my local toy shop (the largest in my city) in north of Poland about summer waves of Bionicle and Ninjago and, just as I expected, she said that they will be available in August... so no luck here. But then again, my city is not that big, so who knows how's the situation in bigger cities.

Edited by Voxovan

They may be available in stores in the UK, France and Germany, but what about online? I don't have a Lego store local to me (nearest is Birmingham, which is ~1.5 hours away), so I'd get them on Amazon/Lego S@H.

They may be available in stores in the UK, France and Germany, but what about online? I don't have a Lego store local to me (nearest is Birmingham, which is ~1.5 hours away), so I'd get them on Amazon/Lego S@H.

I haven't seen them online anywhere yet. LEGO.com doesn't even have the pictures in their cache. With them appearing in LEGO stores I'm sure some resellers on Amazon might be selling them by now, but Amazon resellers often have inflated prices, so it might be better to wait until they're either actually being sold by LEGO, whether through Amazon or shop.LEGO.com.

I live in Italy,yesterday i've asked some official reseller and LEGO Stores but they don't have the new wave...looks like i'll have to wait until September... :look:

Edited by jaller

USA ✗

To drive that nail a bit deeper, I checked my local Wal*Mart in Ga (Jasper to be exact) and there were no new sets. Granted, my Wal*mart rarely gets anything, thought they were right on-target when G2 first released.

I'm probably reading this wrong, but I thought Birmingham hadn't had a LEGO Store since the one in the Bullring shut a few years ago? :look:

As for online, I think you might be out of luck so far. I can't even find any at ridiculously inflated prices on eBay. The sets aren't even in the BL catalog yet. I'm surprised (but happy) scalpers haven't capitalised on their limited early release to be honest.

p.s. if anyone wants them really badly for UK RRP, PM me. I MIGHT be able to pick some more up when I next visit a LEGO Store, probably in 2-3 weeks time.

France ✓

Germany ✓

UK ✓

Italy ✗

USA ✗

Nothing in Australia, as expected. However there is some good news - this years second constraction wave is August in Australia rather than the usual September.

France ✓

Germany ✓

UK ✓

Italy ✗

USA ✗

Ehhhmmm...Scrap Germany. I've been today to Aachen and neither Kaufhoff or any other toy shop have them there. Oh, and if there are any Belgian/ Dutch fans here- no luck either.

A couple of websites have them at the moment, including Amazon and Smyths. Living in a similar area i dont believe that Birmingham has a Lego store unfortunately. Used to be one in the Bullring however it closed down a while back, most of them are on the outskirts. Depending on the location you could probably travel to one of them, would suggest using a store locator.

How is it that sites like Brickset and FBTB haven't yet reported on the first appearance of the LEGO BB-8 minifigure?

*ahem* With that said, not much new info as far as BIONICLE is concerned — in fact, few of the themes really seem to have a lot of story blurbs for the actual summer sets like many of them have for the winter sets. But high-detail pictures are still cool!

Still August for an official release date, huh? Silly Europe.

Almost July, anyway, so we'll be seeing them soon enough.

So i've seen this discussed by a few people, however i'm wondering whether people view the Skull masks of the Skull gang and the Skull Spiders as actual masks or simply a lack of a mask?

When you collect the masks from these skull villains, do you think of them as masks or skulls?

E.g. Do you view the Skull Grinder's face as actually being a Skull or is he just wearing a mask that looks like a skull.

---

Also, is the catalogue release dates for a specific location. Seems a bit silly if the UK for example has the sets available now at Lego stores yet wont be available online until August?

E.g. Do you view the Skull Grinder's face as actually being a Skull or is he just wearing a mask that looks like a skull.

According to the official descriptions, all the Skull guys are wearing masks.

I need Skull Grinder and I need him now

That skull calls to me

But Meso, I thought horns are dumb...? :grin:

Well, of course the description of the actual sets will call them masks. They want to advertise the mask-popping-off feature for playability. HOWEVER, I'm thinking that in-story, these are actually meant to represent their actual skulls.

Well, of course the description of the actual sets will call them masks. They want to advertise the mask-popping-off feature for playability. HOWEVER, I'm thinking that in-story, these are actually meant to represent their actual skulls.

What if they are masks, but the masks are actually carved out skulls from the enemies they've previously killed in battle? Totally didn't get that idea from the latest episode of the TTV podcast... >->

What if they are masks, but the masks are actually carved out skulls from the enemies they've previously killed in battle? Totally didn't get that idea from the latest episode of the TTV podcast... >->

Well, all I'm saying is that these guys are clearly zombies/skeletons who have decomposed....it would only make sense that their faces would have decomposed too. So wearing a skull on top of a skull seems pretty odd......But of course, we have no answer until the summer story starts coming out. :classic:

Ehhhmmm...Scrap Germany. I've been today to Aachen and neither Kaufhoff or any other toy shop have them there. Oh, and if there are any Belgian/ Dutch fans here- no luck either.

Dont scrap Germany. You need to read correctly. Kaufhof and all the other toy shops wont have them until August, but official LEGO STORES do have them :-)

Edited by ToaVion143

Dont scrap Germany. You need to read correctly. Kaufhof and all the other toy shops wont have them until August, but official LEGO STORES do have them :-)

Then you could write Lego Store- yes, other stores- no (I'm way too nitpicking, whatever).

BTW, now I'm not so sure about Belgium, neither. We've just got one Lego shop in the entire country (yes, we are THAT small) and I haven't yet had the time to visit it. Will do so in a few days.

We've just got one Lego shop in the entire country (yes, we are THAT small) and I haven't yet had the time to visit it.

We do ? ._. I wasn't aware of that ! Where is that shop located then ? :p Brussels ?