Makes me wonder when the sets will be released considering we're getting an official reveal so early. If I recall, we've never had official reveals of next year's sets at this time of year.

Makes me wonder when the sets will be released considering we're getting an official reveal so early. If I recall, we've never had official reveals of next year's sets at this time of year.

They'll probably be available just in time for the holidays.

There's usually leaks around this time, and the sets are usually released with an expected date of January 1, so some retailers may get them/release them early.

Makes me wonder what the Comic-Con reveal will be then. Hope it's Elves. I'm tremendously excited for the Elves theme now that I've seen pictures and realized that it's better than I ever dreamed of.

It's kind of funny, then, that the colors AREN'T a coincidence, and that the LEGO Group is teasing BIONICLE with the same set of colors they used to tease the green Classic Spacemen in the Exo-Suit. :P

Wow. I bet the guy who named it feels extremely smart now. Can't wait for Friday!

I wouldn't say that necessarily confirms a reboot one way or the other; first of all, there's the odd "Krata" spelling, but even then, the story has been known to take some twists and turns, so I could see them accommodating something with a name deviation.

Reboot confirmed if only the skull krata was final in name, only living thing who can create kraata right now is Miserix who is in hiding and last time I checked NOT EVIL.

The Kraata are far from extinct, the only ones that were destroyed were the ones outside the robot when Tahu activated his golden armour.

these ones aren't necessarily newly created (or even kraata, since they are spiders rather than slugs). A reboot is likely at this point, but I wish people would stop trying to find evidence for one where there isn't any.

I wouldn't lump everyone together - I am by no means an oh-wunner but I'm hoping for a reboot. :P

Exactly what an Oh-Wunner would say. How's that closet working out for you.

Honestly though I seen far more Oh-Three-ers around

A clamorous boob from LEGO's side, but we know this Friday is gonna be an awesome day :D

A clamorous boob. Thank you, Twist. I'm going to have to use that one.

Wow. I bet the guy who named it feels extremely smart now. Can't wait for Friday!

If I didn't know better, I'd think that they meant that to be found. If they really wanted to keep it a secret they could call it basically anything else.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that they meant that to be found. If they really wanted to keep it a secret they could call it basically anything else.

>meant that to be found

>posted it on Google+

those two things don't add up

jk I just had to make that joke

Anyone hope that the Earth Defender's Gatling Gun has Trans Purple Studs. The other defenders have Trans studs for there Gatling Guns.

Boo...I was hoping for a big Classic Space announcement.

It was kind of pre-determined to be Bionicle, but still, after their using the exact same hint for the Exo-Suit...

Anyone hope that the Earth Defender's Gatling Gun has Trans Purple Studs. The other defenders have Trans studs for there Gatling Guns.

No particular feelings one way or another, but always nice to have parts in new colors*!

(*Come on LEGO, surely you can find an excuse for a Dark Blue Grey popsicle...)

Totally called the Bionicle on Friday thing. Lego really needs to be less sloppy with their link names. :P

Anyway, back on topic... anyone else think Lewa's mask looks like a cyberman? The sets look great, especially Kopaka. Pohatu is looking to be a must-but for me, having both brown and trans-yellow. Are those trans-purple bones on the Earth defender?

By the way, Gali is absolutely terrifying.

Edited by SmoothJazz

By the way, Gali is absolutely terrifying.

I know, right? Almost as terrifying as her Mistika version. It seems she is forever cursed to be male as far as sets go...

Is it really that bad? I like the new gali, she's nowhere near as bad as '08. I personally thought the mahri were much more scary.

LEGO is announcing *edit* something *edit* this Friday! Hurray! :grin:

*could still be bionicle

EDIT: oops, late lol.

Edited by JayWalker

Is it really that bad? I like the new gali, she's nowhere near as bad as '08. I personally thought the mahri were much more scary.

The mask is hard to see, but I hate everything I can see. It may not be as monstrous as the Kaukau Mistika, but it's monstrous all the same.

anyone else think Lewa's mask looks like a cyberman?

I knew it reminded me of something! Hopefully it looks less derpy in set form, without the cgi eyes, cos right not his facial expression looks daft. The injection point looks too much like a mouth.

The mask is hard to see, but I hate everything I can see. It may not be as monstrous as the Kaukau Mistika, but it's monstrous all the same.

The mistika one wasn't monstrous, it just didn't look like gali, and had a waffle iron for an eye. The new one does look evil though, as does the protectors' mask.

Edited by Timeline15

I don't have any particular problem with Gali's new mask myself. It's more feminine than the original Kaukau Nuva, IMO. Sort of like slightly pointier version of the Kaukau Nuva as it appeared in BIONICLE: Mask of Light. But mostly I'd just consider it gender-neutral — certainly there's nothing overtly masculine about it.

If you think that it looks kind of spooky and non-humanoid... well, they're tribal masks. That's kind of always been the point. A lot of the non-BIONICLE fans in my family think the faces have always looked freaky in general, so I don't know why Gali's mask is held to a higher standard.

Granted, I don't love it as much as Breez's mask from 2013, which actually looked remarkably feminine. But there is in fact some sense to the argument that as interchangeable masks, Kanohi should be able to fit any character, male or female.

Edited by Aanchir

To me, Gali looks more like a bulky, mutated beast from the pit than a female Toa.

I'm still on the fence about Gali. She's not bad, but she's not good. My biggest issue is the mask. It's really the only one that doesn't bear any resemblance (as far as I can tell) to the original.

And this all coming from a guy who didn't really mind Gali Mistika.