Skalldyr

Sleeping Beauty

indexed.gif

Hi all,

I would like to present you my Fairy Tale CCCVIII entrie:

If you go to a lady, bring flowers. If you omit them, just pick one from the garden.

sleeping_beauty_1_small.jpg

sleeping_beauty_2_small.jpg

sleeping_beauty_3_small.jpg

Gallery

I hope you enjoyed what you saw! :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Awww now that's really really beautiful! Great use of the plant parts, Skalldyr!

Also, good positioning of the prince - it makes the scene look like in full motion.

Good old nostalgia. Oh I'd been watching the trick film version of this fairy tale soo often as a child... some scenes of it I still remember cleary! :classic:

:sick:

Look, you're making me cry... what kind of person are you??

That's how good the MOC is. Great job! :thumbup:

Enpaz

A truly lovely creation Skalldyr! The whole build really captures this fairy-tale scene perfectly! I'm lovin' the floral surroundings and the unconventional shape of the base. Sleeping Beauty and her Prince Charming are very well customized too. Great work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

:sick:

Look, you're making me cry... what kind of person are you??

That's how good the MOC is. Great job! :thumbup:

Enpaz

It looks to me like he is making you sick! :P

Seriously, stunning creation! My childhood floods back to me. I love the background. The only shame is that sleeping beauty's eyes are still open! :P Apart from that one thing it's flawless. Keep it up.

Cool little scene Skalldyr. I like the way those flowers look turned on their sides, and you've managed to make them dominate the scene nicely without taking too much away from the characters and the story. I do think intact staircase pillar standing above the rest of the rubble looks wrong. It might have been more effective to have it tumbled over, perhaps with a piece of it in the tan ground area.

Beautiful scenery. I like the simplicity of the scene, combined with the refined build.

If you go to a lady, bring flowers. If you omit them, just pick one from the garden.

:laugh: Wasn't she supposed to be locked up in a tower? or was that only Rapunzel? Or maybe there are different versions of the story..

Anyway, it looks very fairy-tale-ish with all those flowers. And the staircase and the flag (especially with the rose going towards the top) are a nice touch.

Well done.

Cool. Too bad there isn't a minifigure with closed eyes, it looks kinda odd with her eyes being open when she is supposed to be asleep or comatose or whatever. Lots of nice details also, like all of the flowers and the bits of rubble everywhere.

:laugh: Wasn't she supposed to be locked up in a tower? or was that only Rapunzel? Or maybe there are different versions of the story..

Anyway, it looks very fairy-tale-ish with all those flowers. And the staircase and the flag (especially with the rose going towards the top) are a nice touch.

Well done.

No that was Rapunzel.

Edited by brickmack

This is just beautiful. The way the ruins are covered with the flowery creeper is beyond perfect. Oh, and look, a bit of a joke... cause i bet the handsome prince is a bit of a creeper as well! :laugh:

oh, i like that so much!!!!! :sweet: it's so cool! :blush: so pretty! :wink: so ahh.... :wub:

you don't by chance have any more princess fairytale MOCs, do you? :wub::wub:

Excellent MOC! It is highly detailed. I too particularly the minifgs used, they work perfectly. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Excellent scene! Apart from what's already been said, I also like that the base is not rectangular, and the dragon flag is also a nice touch. Well done.

Wow - this is excellent work indeed. You've captured the fairytale feeling spot on. Excellent use of hair and face for the prince!!

Thank you all very much for your kind comments. It is really a pleasure to read them all. And I never expected such a little Moc gaining so much attention! :classic:

:laugh: Wasn't she supposed to be locked up in a tower? or was that only Rapunzel?

No that was Rapunzel.

It was in a Tower but I just wanted to build something with the green triangle pieces! :laugh:

you don't by chance have any more princess fairytale MOCs, do you? :wub::wub:

Sorry I have to disappoint you! :sadnew:

What a lovely MOC! The flowers and plants make it so realistic, and the way you've shaped the bed to fit in the dress slope is genius. Thanks for sharing!

Too bad there isn't a minifigure with closed eyes

There is! Though it's a fleshy. Hermione from Goblet Of Fire.

thumbhermione.gif

Edited by Internets