Paul cantu, on Sep 27 2009, 11:46 AM, said:
-I think the building should be larger to make it the center piece of the island
-You should add more rocks and vegetation to the island because it looks flat
-Add more water and a small boat and perhaps a pirate fishing
-Since this is the large category you might want to make the whole island bigger
-Treasure and rum would is a must have on a pirate island
1. I agree with making it larger..
2. Rocks in the grass you mean? Yea, I'm low on green bricks.. I always have been.
3. I'll be needing some more baseplates then.
5. all the chests have Treasure in them.. But they just aren't open..
Thanks for the suggestions! :D
Francis Marion, on Sep 27 2009, 01:34 PM, said:
1. A small beached raft would make sense, as it would be an avenue of escape in case of discovery.
2. You could expand the building so that it is more useful (i.e.-sleeping quarters, armory, etc.)
3. Making it bigger overall could possibly make it more interesting
4. You may want to add more trees, grass, and rocks, as some parts are looking bare.
1. That could be doable when I go out and buy some Baseplates.. If I can
4. *cough* Baseplate and low amount of bricks for me. *cough* ;)
Thanks for the feedback!
Adam, on Sep 27 2009, 01:58 PM, said:
Wow, you've certainly kicked off the tournament spectacularly!
1) I agree that the little fort should be made a focal point. However, since the theme of the contest is as peaceful as Pirates can get, I think the lookout structure should be turned into a comely little cabin.
2) My next suggestion ties in with the first: add a few wenches and animals. Perhaps a young girl feeding the sheep or a bustling lady hanging up clothing from a wire.
3) Although it's very well placed, having a huge sign saying "KEEP OUT" doesn't seem too welcoming (
) so I'd tone down the "no trespassing" angle and play up the "relaxation" side of things.
4) You have some great rock landscaping there, but the random white/black/bley mix under the majority of the island somewhat deters from the overall appearance.
5) In my opinion, you can lose the old grey in the rock formations - it makes it a bit too crazy.
6) Paul is right about the foliage; it's a tad flat. I would throw some smaller green plates on around the ledges to make it smoother.
This is a great kickoff to the competition, and with a little modification, it'll be quite the contender!
1. A little cabin.. I try to avoid as much brown usage as possible.. even tho this is pirates.. because of my limited amount of Bricks and pieces.
2. I might be able to use my 2/3 lady figs.. I'll have to see if I can find them!
3. Well.. I think I'd rather feel a bit safer with a keep out sign, then without, and be ambushed by imperials.. wouldn't ye?
4. well.. Its actually.. White, Blue, Red and some green to fill in some holes.. I photoshoped it to make it look better then that multicolored madness.
5. well.. Like I've said before.. I have a limited amount of bricks, and well.. Grey slopes.. I don't have a lot..
6. yea.. I tried to throw in some landscaping.. but.. Online or not.. I suck at landscaping!
Thanks for the Feedback as well!
Ricecracker, on Sep 27 2009, 02:20 PM, said:
1) Some of the pictures are a bit blurry or dark, try editing them using something like picknik.
2) Some parts of the rocks seem a little too blocky, especially where there is different colours meeting. Try making it a bit like camouflage on a tank. While not specifically related to pirate building, this (URL snipped) thread on flickr might help.
3) If you decide to redo the rocks, I'd suggest continuing it through under the grass. You started it, but making it all flow together would really add to it.
4) I don't really think the tiles on top of the rocks are a great idea. Rocks are
rocky after all
5) The outpost and horse seem a bit tacked on. Try spending a bit more time working on the building, so that it really stands out amongst the plants. The horse doesn't seem necessary.
6) Try something else for the puke. At first I just though he'd fallen over onto a plant.
I really like the overall idea, and all the different activities that the figs are doing really adds to it. And, like others have said, the dock looks amazing! You are well on your way to one of the top spots.
1. Stupid batch resize..
2. I'll see what I can do.
3. I don't think I'd have enough LURPs...
But it makes it look like it goes on for longer and farther..
4. yea.. I guess your right..
5. Horse.. I'll loose him
6. HAHAHAHA!!! That made me laugh.. thanks for the laugh today!
Thanks for the feedback.. AND the laugh!
SirGoldenKnight, on Sep 27 2009, 02:30 PM, said:
Why the heck there is a horse....
You know.. I could ask the same thing.. It was about 4 in the morning when I put him in.. its the Coca-cola Talking..
Captain Genaro, on Sep 27 2009, 03:29 PM, said:
I think that this is a really neat idea. The docks look awsome with the crocked plank effect, I love the Keep out sign and the rocks are fantastic. To improve it, I would suggest putting in a beach mabey building a small shack or something like that and upgrading your plants, it looks a little dull and could use more trees or bushes. The guy getting sick is a great idea( if a gross one)
. The frog is in the treasure chest.
1. Low amount of Greenery pieces in my collection.
Oh my gawd! You found him!
Congrats! Cap'n Blackmoor hasn't posted yet.
He always finds that green devil.