First of all we acknowledge that the Pirate LEGO Forum is hosted by Eurobricks and we thank our landlords very much for the free lease of their forum space.
That aside, Classic-Pirates.com is endeavouring to become an independent community (a new SYSTEM Pirate theme would really aid our cause) and we do things slightly different to the rest of Eurobricks. Think of Eurobricks as a country and Classic-Pirates.com as a state with "local government". (We will not be discussing why the Pirate Forum is hosted at Eurobricks rather than Classic-Pirates.com at this stage)
We've decided to conduct Ambassador nominations separately to those of Eurobricks, so what we're looking for are nominees who have a strong devotion to Classic-Pirates.com and the Pirate LEGO Forum, if you would like to nominate someone who does not have regular participation in the Pirate Forum then please do so in the Eurobricks Ambassador Nominations thread.
That said, someone who is interested in a broader range of LEGO themes is acceptable (preferred in fact), just so long they are reasonably active within the Classic-Pirates.com community - we want someone passionate enough about SYSTEM Pirates to "specialise" in them should the LEGO Group ever require such an Ambassador in the future.
The LEGO Group selects those who we think best exemplify:
- the program fundamentals of building proficiency,
- enthusiasm, and professionalism towards the public, other fans and the LEGO Group towards the LEGO Group, the LEGO Community, and the general public.
- These nominations are intended specifically for users who are highly active within Classic-Pirates.com and the Pirate LEGO Forum. If you're not genuinely interested in Pirate LEGO then ask yourself if you really need to participate in these nominations.
- Please nominate ONLY members who regularly contribute to the Pirate LEGO Forum. If you wish to nominate a Eurobricks member who doesn't regularly contribute to the Pirate Forum, then visit the Eurobricks Ambassador Nominations thread.
- You can nominate any current EB member, 18 or older.
- Post your nomination in this thread and please explain why you feel they would be a good choice. This information is REQUIRED by the LEGO Group, so any nomination made without it will not qualify for consideration.
- The nominee must agree that they wish to participate and state why they would be interested in the nomination thread. Also information regarding their relevant experience, qualifications and achievements will help voters make a more informed decision.
This topic will remain open until Sunday 18th of May.
- Any candidate who is nominated and states an interest will provide all the required materials asked by the LEGO Group by Monday, prior to voting.
As only two candidates have accepted their nominations a poll will not be required.
Submit your nominations!