Modelmaker

MOC End of the road....piece

Recently i have being buying a few bulk lots of lego to help build my inventory of bricks. One of the problems with second hand Lego is there is often a few bits of damaged or weirdly stained bricks that need to be sorted out of each lot.

In the last lot i bought there was some nice road baseplates but one was slightly damaged and stained with some kind of paint or maybe wood dye. Having nothing to lose i decided to use different kinds of chemicals to try and clean it up, but I only managed to make it worse and the brown stain turned more red in places :hmpf_bad:

Here's how it looked after cleaning

DSC05644_zps3spyacqq.jpg

the black dot in the centre is dust inside my camera lens and not on the baseplate

Now most of you guys would probably bin the piece and move on, but I'm a model maker and we never throw out something we might be able to use later on, so I put it in my box of broken pieces to wait it's fate.

then last night I had an idea

Sure all the pieces in that box are broken, but they are not as useless as first thaught

So this MOC was born

It's set in some lego town, some time in the future, something bad has happened sometime in the past but we can only guess what that might have been....

DSC05712_zpsnknlxnfc.jpg

DSC05711_zpsmwi0fqjj.jpg

DSC05713_zpsrvpnswvx.jpg

DSC05716_zpsoy1oebiw.jpg

DSC05717_zpsnh0un76m.jpg

DSC05718_zpssa8phlzv.jpg

DSC05719_zpsprmwzbdn.jpg

DSC05721_zpsiapiovkt.jpg

DSC05722_zpskgytkjwx.jpg

DSC05728_zpskyamsbuz.jpg

DSC05727_zpsjmrwrwsf.jpg

DSC05726_zpsqwrnxhkx.jpg

DSC05725_zpsaeffwohs.jpg

All parts used where as i found them

Every piece deserves one last MOC :laugh:

Wow,that looks great.

Love those detailing and the crumbling Structures like the large window frame failing from all the pressure of the collapsing General Store.

Looking on the first Pics of the Plate I thought "wow,that was a serious case of Hit and Run".

Someone played too much GTA.

This looks horrible. You did a very creative thing because not many people use broken bricks to make something awesome. But you did! Congrats!

That is an awesome moc and great use of "useless" pieces. Thanks for showing us that even the broken pieces might still find a use someday.

Cheers Guys

I wasn't really sure if people would like such a mess of bricks or not.

My first idea was hit and run aswell, with the usual ambulance and a fire crew maybe cutting a car open, but half way through making the wrecked car i needed a wrecked wall and one thing lead to another, Plus I'm a huge walking dead fan.

I only used about half of my broken pieces in this MOC, some off them are hard to use because of damaged studs or the way they are warped.

The yellow "hit by crane and plane tail" building is very unstable because most of those bricks won't clutch anymore, kinda like a jenga tower. the crane boom is helping it stay up.

I have no idea how most of these parts ended up they way they did, except maybe the "bullet holes" on the white wall, that looks like a hot fork was used. But I'm sure some kid somewhere in the past had some distructive fun for a while.

And this moc has given me lots of ideas on how to use "useless bricks", like..

Junk yards

Garbage dumps/Trucks

Demolition sites

Burning building

Abbandoned buildings

Recycle centres

..And so on.

So stop throwing out your usless pieces, they're not as useless as you think :grin:

Edited by Modelmaker

I admire how you put to use the kind of bricks and pieces I've thoughtlessly discarded in the past. :thumbup:

I keep all my ruined bricks as well (still throw out off-brands if I find them), but don't have quite the volume of them to create something like this! Very nicely done! I had to go back though the pics looking for the "hot fork" bullet holes! :grin:

Great execution.

I'm planning to use my yellowed White Bricks to make a disgusting bathroom MOC sometime.

I keep all my ruined bricks as well (still throw out off-brands if I find them), but don't have quite the volume of them to create something like this! Very nicely done! I had to go back though the pics looking for the "hot fork" bullet holes! :grin:

Not all the bricks in the MOC are damaged (most are) I had to use some good ones here and there, some are only stained or have paint on them and can be cleaned if i really need them. The lion head arch is mostly good bricks trying to look bad.

@Actor Builder....I can smell your MOC allready :grin: Can't wait to see the pics

Hahaha ... Awesome . Glad to hear that that's how the basepalte looked like after you tried cleaning it.

At first my mind was thinking up a scenario where a dad found his kid fooling around with his AFOL collection, and then the baseplate was used to punish him by beheading.

(That's how Will Ferrel would have had it in the LEGO movie if he was in full charge im sure ! ) :tongue:

Awesome MOC. I would've thrown out most of those pieces without a second thought. Great way of breathing life back into them.

And not only did you manage to use them, but you actually got really creative and made this nice gory scene. Brilliant!

That`s awesome, great use of broken bricks! It do hurt my eyes tho.. But especially love the broken vintage windows.. aww... :cry_sad:

Its amasing what can be built from "useless" bricks! I also keep my broken ones, but i never thought of making something with them! Great idea, and great creation!