Sign in to follow this  
Marc Muller

Welcome to Luxembrick

Hi everybody

We, a group of Afol's from Luxembourg, Germany, France and Belgium, who got to know each other via an online community (www.afol.lu), started creating a modular town, which is currently build up in a local shopping mall.

Here are some pictures from our last expo, as the current one was build up today, and the mall staff hadn't yet finished their work when we left.

22622815067_75287ee5e4_c.jpg

23027694972_ccdf96d828_c.jpg

Townhall modular building modification by our team

22649026979_f4a422dfef_c.jpg

22622903797_9b11d463af_c.jpg

23015191606_e409e74dc3_c.jpg

22622835787_e6727940d3_c.jpg

22622789398_16be71cae4_c.jpg

22622695018_1401e6a660_c.jpg

Feel free to post any comments

Brgds

Marc

What an impressive international collaboration! Those are some great mods to the standard sets.

That is an absolutely incredible layout!!! So much detail every where you look, fantastic mixture of MOCs and official LEGO sets, just incredible! I love your MOD of the Town Hall modular, that is an excellent version!

I look forward to seeing photos of the new version you have just put up, happy building :laugh:

Edit: are there any more photos floating around the interwebs?

Edited by timmyc1983

Looking great.

Especially like the avenue with the snot tree lineup.

And indeed would be great to have a shoot of the whole of the layout. :classic:

Incredibly cool layout with some awesome MOC's and MOD's. I do wonder how you get the baseplates to line up with both the brickbuild roads and the technichpart cobbelstone road. If you have a picture of the whole thing being build up, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I will upload more pics soon, but this layout is always different as we just build it together the way we feel like...

I ll get some complete overview pics for you

Brgds

Marc

Incredibly cool layout with some awesome MOC's and MOD's. I do wonder how you get the baseplates to line up with both the brickbuild roads and the technichpart cobbelstone road. If you have a picture of the whole thing being build up, it would be greatly appreciated.

My guess is that the bases are all brickbuilt.

Otherwise you can use e.g. 44728 (the thin part is as thick as a baseplate) and attack a baseplate on top of a SNOTed surface.

hi there

here are a few pictues of our basement of the layout

22485471908_974f20447c_c.jpgOhne Titel byLuxairmarc, auf Flickr

22485466848_c75bc7f217_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

22890332962_4230ef6934_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

next are some more pictures of our last layout...i will get to the shopping mall during the weekend only, to take additional pictures

22914659801_145c60a796_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

22485300628_53441825aa_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

22914731861_92f54af97b_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

Here you see another way of raising the ground level...3 rails, 2 of them on top of each other, and the 3r one inverted on top...same height, than a baseplate with 2 basic bricks.

22282584473_9f59435f73_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

22282494963_d702a43791_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

22478784418_4a913a6680_c.jpgOhne Titel by Luxairmarc, auf Flickr

brgds

Marc

Edited by Marc Muller

Amazing stuff here. Will have to look at it more closely when I have more time, but two things that immediately sprung to mind:

1) really nice work on the roads and layout 'basement', and topped off with some amazing MOCs

2) Easily the best Town Hall MOD ever! Looks so much better than just oversizing it. Seeing this, I might have to revise my idea of keeping mine MISB.

2) Easily the best Town Hall MOD ever! Looks so much better than just oversizing it.

I fully agree with this. Even the entrance doesn't look oversized now. But it's not only the side buildings which make it look much better - you (or whoever built it) also "repaired" the major design flaw of the Town Hall (which is due to the strict baseplate pattern, of course) by adding one stud on each side to widen the facade just so to make it look neat and balanced.

Nice layout! Good mix of modular buildings and custom vehicles. I'd like to see a few more closeup shots of the custom buildings as they look pretty good!

Just beautiful!

As others have said the Town Hall is really great, very balanced.

Thanks for the behing the scenes pictures.

Hello sebitsena

You can see this diorama until next sunday (29.11) at the shopping centre Belle Etoile in Bertrange, close to Luxembourg City.

Give me a call when you come

Brgds

Marc

Great pictures showing the overview of this large city layout.

Im totally impressed. Very nice work here !!