Sign in to follow this  
lego-maniac

D2C Contest: Attack of the dojo

"Attack of the dojo"

Theme : Ninjago

Number of parts : (Full version 2643)

Number of figs ; 9

417728newcoverEB.jpg

Particularity : This set is different that everything you could have seen ever :grin: !

Indeed, this set is just a conbinaison of other little set who could been present in the theme.

This dojo is totally modular and totally build with 16 vig' (12 for the RDC and first floor, 4 for the second level)

Each vig could be bought separatly ! for a dimension of 10X10 stud, it contains around

160 or 200 parts and 1 fig each and could been sold for an interesting price

2 principal vig could be founded in the moc (a linear and a corner element)

227633EB8.jpg

with this 2 elements, you can buil your own dojo

With the 12 vig contained in the moc presented, I've made other 9 differents mocs

Here is one

848733EB5.jpg

In this full version, all the moc could be opened

on the right the Black Ninja team who attack the dojo

on the left the training ninja's

626457EB3.jpg

but even closed the action is present :

580789EB12.jpg

The last pic is just here to present that this set in hiq full version could easily been incorporated in

a diorama ;

124164photo6.jpg

If you want to see more about this moc, please visit my blog and the gallery

you'll find there how to add your elements and all combinaisons !

hope you'll enjoy !

good luck everybody and do not forget 55180262927715p.jpg

Edited by lego-maniac

huhjujghgh.... me gusta

this creation is simply marvelous! I love everything about it, and it definitely looks exactly like a D2C set! Minus the modular feature, but thats still really cool! oh, I thought I knew who I would vote for, but now I'm not so sure..

:wub: I agree with sok, the modularity doesn't seem in this way to be something a D2C set would have, but I love it anyways! Everything is just perfect.

That's a brilliant MOC, lego-maniac! When it's fully together, it looks so magnificent and realistic. I'm not sure though if it's too good to be a set, though. The modular feature is really great, but as the others have said, it's not in the spirit of D2C sets. Anyway, amazing entry. Well done, and good luck!

Simply outstanding!!

This is what I'm talking about , pushing the envelope that little bit further default_thumbup.gif

Many have said that some entries are too this or not enough that , but as LEGO continue to up the level of awesome you can't hold too much stock in what has been done before and must look to the future of sets.

Who would have guessed the level of detail in the "Grand Emporium" or style and size of the "Death star" before thier release.

This is the kind of set I want to see released not a carbon copy of an already released set design.

Goods luck in the comp... you rock!default_thumbup.gif

This is what I'm talking about , pushing the envelope that little bit further default_thumbup.gif

Many have said that some entries are too this or not enough that , but as LEGO continue to up the level of awesome you can't hold too much stock in what has been done before and must look to the future of sets.

I agree. Lego designers need to start thinking big in order to sell to the older audience.

As for this creation, you did just a wonderful job. The diorama fits perfectly (even if it is not part of the actual set).

Mightily impressive creation lego-maniac! The modular function is a pretty ingenious idea that would certainly be a welcome concept for possible future sets. The build of this temple is simply majestic that it really makes for an excellent diorama display. Kudos for this wonderful build! :thumbup:

Wow, that's a really lovely, lovely design. :wub: Great work! I love the idea of the modularity, although i do wonder how much it weakens the structure by dividing it up the way you have?

Best of luck in the contest! :classic:

Excellent construction, interesting idea. Only problem I have with the modularity (?) is that the build process could be a bit too repetitive. But it looks great, and the ability to have different combinations is a really good added feature for such a set.

Thanks all for your remarks.

I'll try to answer to all our interrogations :

Minus the modular feature, but thats still really cool! oh, I thought I knew who I would vote for, but now I'm not so sure..

the modular feature is something new I've tried to incorporate to a D2C set.

This set could be a little bit expensive that's why I purpose to own it step by step for

everyone.

Anyway if you want to buy it in one set it's still possible ;)

The medieval market is a little bit modular in his way doesn't it ?

Moreover you can have 9 in 1 dojo !!

http://legomaniac.canalblog.com/albums/dojo/photos/63849239-138085modulesdojo.html

Simply outstanding!!

Who would have guessed the level of detail in the "Grand Emporium" or style and size of the "Death star" before thier release.

This is the kind of set I want to see released not a carbon copy of an already released set design.

Goods luck in the comp... you rock!default_thumbup.gif

Thanks Taz'Manaic, That's exactly what I've try to do. Increase the concept and try to develop something new with still keeping the spririt of a D2C set.

I agree. Lego designers need to start thinking big in order to sell to the older audience.

As for this creation, you did just a wonderful job. The diorama fits perfectly (even if it is not part of the actual set).

I've try to create a set for every one of us : Afol, and Tfol.

Afol could buy the set in one time but Tfol with less money could step by step acquired an UCS set in a D2C style too !

Christmas, birthday, it's possible to offer few little set in a cheap price in order to build a big moc !

I think about the death star. When I was young, impossible to pretend to have this set one day, too expensive but if Lego have ever tried to develop the idea of few middle set that could be add together to make a 10188 maybe I could have it sooner !

Mightily impressive creation lego-maniac! The modular function is a pretty ingenious idea that would certainly be a welcome concept for possible future sets. The build of this temple is simply majestic that it really makes for an excellent diorama display. Kudos for this wonderful build! :thumbup:

thanks a lot !

Wow, that's a really lovely, lovely design. :wub: Great work! I love the idea of the modularity, although i do wonder how much it weakens the structure by dividing it up the way you have?

Best of luck in the contest! :classic:

even in little elements, they are strong !

It's not very clear on the pics presented but if you look more closer at the gallery, you could see that there is pylon behind the wall.

look at this pic : http://legomaniac.canalblog.com/albums/dojo/photos/63797838-p1070058.html

you can see that there is horizontal line of 4 round brick 1X1 round.

I've also but a bar inside and it's all cliped behind the wall.

each element are very consolidated

Excellent construction, interesting idea. Only problem I have with the modularity (?) is that the build process could be a bit too repetitive. But it looks great, and the ability to have different combinations is a really good added feature for such a set.

I see what you mean. When you look closely, all the 4 corner elements are exactly the same, but linear element are a bit different. you have windows or door...

It also due to the fact that I've keep in mind the concept to build a big set with a lot of little set. I don't want to make 4 or 5 different little set to keep the idea of the concept

The architecture of japan dojo is very "symetric" so I've try to respect the rules.

BTW, the death star or the Grand Emporium are both quit repetitiv in their construction.

After 4 hours on the death star I've found it was a little bit boring .

Thanks all for your remark I'm glad to read your comment !

This contest is very intersting and I've try to add something new with my entry, hope you'll understand ;)

Edited by lego-maniac

And there it is..... It turned out just great! It's a classic ninja style, but still very Ninjago like.

Hmm I hope I can post my entry at the end of the week? I'm so buisy at the moment, just have to do some details and offcourse make some photographs!

And (untill now) you got one of my votes (maybe two, depends on how we got to vote)!

I can't believe my eyes! I like every part of your MOC!

This is the best D2C so far! We'll see what's more to come!

Excellent work! I love how you made the set so flexible without loosing the 'grandeur' needed for a D2C. Well done!

Shouldn't it be "Attack on the Dojo" or something? :tongue:

Yes, this is indeed a very beautiful entry, and unlike other NinjaGo entries, it really has the NinjaGo look. It looks well designed which is perfect for a D2C set, and while the modular sections isn't something TLG is currently doing in D2C sets, I could definitely see them doing it in the future. The only problem with your entry is the box art picture which is not allowed, and you have one too many pictures since one of them includes two pictures. Remove one pic and remove the box art from the first, and you'll be good to go.

Great job! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks Oky.

For me the first pic was not a box art but just a clean pic. But I've removed it.

The second pic composed of 2 pics could be easily be taken in one shot.

This is just a little montage but I don't think I could be desqualified for this.

It can't be considered as a seven pic in my own.

BTW I'll try to take a new pic this week !

thanks for the tips Oky, thanks ;)

Edited by lego-maniac

Dam it voting in this contest is going to be hard, another AWESOME MOC and so very Ninja too ! :thumbup:

I wish you luck 'lego-maniac' in the contest and keep on spinning ! :sweet:

12/ Attack of the Dojo by lego-maniac -1 pts

8/ Garmadons Ultimate Fortress by lisqr -2pts

23/ Serpent Ruins by Siercon and Coral -2pts

24/ PQ Museum Raid by CorneliusMurdock -1pts

19/ Spinjitsu Training Temple by Cecilie -1pts

good luck everyone.

12/ Attack of the Dojo by lego-maniac -1 pts

8/ Garmadons Ultimate Fortress by lisqr -2pts

23/ Serpent Ruins by Siercon and Coral -2pts

24/ PQ Museum Raid by CorneliusMurdock -1pts

19/ Spinjitsu Training Temple by Cecilie -1pts

good luck everyone.

Wrong thread.

Amazing!

This really makes me want a time travel/ninja vs samurai season for NInjago.

Edited by gamejutzu

Nice architecture! :thumbup:

The colors reminds me of the old ninja sets and the Temple of Airjustu.

Good luck with the contest. :wink: