I didn´t like too much my first dumper so I began a new one. This one have different features, front and rear live axle, Ackerman steering and it will be pneumatic so that I will have much time until I can have the new pneumatics :cry_sad: . Here you have some pics, I was trying new configurations over the arocs suspension, I hope you like it.

Functionally as narrow as possible.

n8mVOwg.jpg?1

Rear live axle with central arm to prevent lateral displacement.

ti6ac9F.jpg?1

In black would be a nice tumbler :laugh: .

benaCum.jpg?1

Front live axle with Ackerman steering. It has to be reinforced because it has 19 studs between wheels and I don´t know yet what I will use, small linear actuator, steering rack or worm gear.

9m6MucB.jpg?1

The frame is provisional just to put the wheels.

Ob6zkpf.jpg?1

In the end I wanted something like that in technic style.

sDJEp1w.png

Tests with the suspension for the dumper based on the arocs suspension.

p6BUXnx.jpg?1

Thank you.

Jorge will you use the new pneumatics aswell? That would be great! Looking good so far! I'm just not keen on the steering axle....

You could use in steering pneumatic cylinders, like hydraulic in original

Jorge will you use the new pneumatics aswell? That would be great! Looking good so far! I'm just not keen on the steering axle....

Yes, I want use the new longer pneumatics and I don´t understand very well what you say about the steering axle, my googlenglish doesn´t help me a lot...

You could use in steering pneumatic cylinders, like hydraulic in original

I thought the same :thumbup: it would be perfect for a live axle but the problem would be to have a good steering.

Thank you for all comments.

Maybe the perspective of the photo is misleading me, but the Ackermann setup seems to be inverted. At least, from the photo it looks like the outer tire is steering more than the inner tire, and it should be the other way around.

In any case: it looks good! I like the rear axle setup, from what I can see of it. Curious to see the end result :classic:

Maybe the perspective of the photo is misleading me, but the Ackermann setup seems to be inverted. At least, from the photo it looks like the outer tire is steering more than the inner tire, and it should be the other way around.

In any case: it looks good! I like the rear axle setup, from what I can see of it. Curious to see the end result :classic:

You are right :thumbup: , I turned it today :blush: .

Yes, I want use the new longer pneumatics and I don´t understand very well what you say about the steering axle, my googlenglish doesn´t help me a lot...

Good news then!! Well what I meant is that I don't like the way you designed the front axle! But it's just my opinion! Anyway as Jurss said you shoud use the pneumatic for steering! You have 6 studs to play with...so should be fine! Maybe you can build a double circuit pump that runs constantly with a M motor....so everytime you want to steer the pressure will be ready!

Pneumatic steering? It will not be precise or?

Max...

With return-to-center any steering mechanism will be precise enough imho.

To be fair it won't be 100% precise, but let's say to have pneumatic steering it's more fascinating!! I don't think the point is to be precise anyway as this vehicle it's not fast anyway!

Good news then!! Well what I meant is that I don't like the way you designed the front axle! But it's just my opinion! Anyway as Jurss said you shoud use the pneumatic for steering! You have 6 studs to play with...so should be fine! Maybe you can build a double circuit pump that runs constantly with a M motor....so everytime you want to steer the pressure will be ready!

In fact I have redesigned it today because I didn´t like it too much I have a new one better than the arocs uses. The pneumatic steering won´t be precise but it will work and it is the more easy system to put in a live axle. I have to put 3 motors, 1 battery, 2 receptors and 1 or 2 autovalve pneumatic yet... it will be fun :sweet: .

After two hours of trying... pneumatic steering live axle would work... but I would need room, pneumatic autovalve and a big frame for everything... discarded I will build independent suspension. These are the pics of the experiment.

nCzNNcN.jpg?1

xUcNiY9.jpg?1

5d0BTTl.jpg?1

6zjednp.jpg?1

IqXB6eD.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

Looking forward to see this completed, is this the 797B you talked about a long time ago? I hope so.............. :wub::thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking forward to see this completed, is this the 797B you talked about a long time ago? I hope so.............. :wub::thumbup: :thumbup:

Can be any of the large ones :laugh: .

To be fair it won't be 100% precise, but let's say to have pneumatic steering it's more fascinating!! I don't think the point is to be precise anyway as this vehicle it's not fast anyway!

Maybe using rubber band for return to center will help... now i start to want pneumatics, i wasn't planning buy arocs)

I think you should consider extending the wheel base by a couple of studs,it looks too short as it is at the moment.

It seems to me that trying to use pneumatics for steering is making the design more complex that it needs to be and then only "good enough". I suggest that you keep it simple (KISS) and use mini LA's for more positive, controllable, steering.

More progress so far, almost every functional part put I only have to put the pneumatic hoses. I had room enough for everything :laugh: .

p5Aok8S.jpg

ND9Z1Xs.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi