ATV , Lego official turned out a lot , however, are small , this time , for everyone to bring a large ATV.

Chassis or follow some of the basic cross-country driving the car , but this time both before and after steering, positive means shall not return , so artificially limits the steering angle , or else can not walk a straight line , also considered adding a rubber band , but the effect is not good.

Vehicle weight 1.5kg, pf parts, with the two m- motors, two nxt motors, a v2 receivers , cable number .

As for appearance , but also the most satisfying part of my , ha ha, puff up .

Orange is very beautiful, with dark gray , feeling very engaging. This car is the most difficult to design fender , should be , relatively large size , there is no suitable panel , and the upper and lower range of activities wheels too easy to run fenders, therefore , simply not equipped , but shelf directly triggered the fender lines, looked pretty good . There is also a place that is more helpless , orange parts selection is too small .

Well, said so much , then cut to the chase , the picture

This is the driving part , nxt motor is a core structure made ​​very strong, basically no distortionsimgp6430.jpg

As the middle to put m steering motor, or else, in the middle can be tied together, the structure but also more robust, with Servo motor, then you can, but very pretty.

imgp6431.jpg

imgp6432.jpg

Bottom, very smooth, not off-road when encountered.imgp6433.jpg

nxt motor power can be output directly to the wheel, no longer through the gears turning, this is unmatched by any other motor, and power is the greatest, so, nxt motors are ideally suited for a class of off-road car.imgp6434.jpg

Chassis, battery box becomes a part of the chassis, so that parts can be reduced, and the battery case will not feel becomes cumbersome.imgp8076.jpg

Rod, fixed from the outside parts are used to live, and not due to intense competition, and let the rod drop, especially when the vehicle dropped from a height such a bad situation, and I finally have a video segment from a height inside fall of the screen, the vehicle intact. However, this part of the shock absorber is not perfect, because only one point fixed, will lead to reverse, so the next step is to change fixed at two points.imgp8078.jpg

All the gear portion covered with parts, effectively avoiding the branches, weeds and other debris lines like involvement.。

imgp8079.jpg

This is not fitted cover parts of horrors, have not see it was a 8 tooth gear up.imgp7748.jpg

And then look at another angle, you can see a very serious wear and tear parts。

imgp8081.jpg

Closeup front drive assembly, rear drive and front drive exactly the sameimgp8082.jpg

imgp8083.jpg

This is a battery box switch control structure, took the seat next pull, you can turn on the power, the video demoimgp8084.jpg

Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 7.4v, 1200 mAh, but they can not long no electricity. Battery compartment on both sides leaving a large gap, if it is used generally on the 5th battery, it can easily be replaced.imgp8093.jpg

Flat bottom

imgp8080.jpg

Car shell, very simple, small parts, but all kinds of dark bluish gray with a lot of shaftimgp8075.jpg

Finally see the real capacity, a beautiful barimgp8068.jpg

imgp8069.jpg

imgp8070.jpg

imgp8071.jpg

imgp8072.jpg

imgp8073.jpg

Look without processing the previous frame of mind which is nice。

imgp8085.jpg

On wheels look, I tried 8110 and 9398 of the wheels, the wheels are not prettyimgp8086.jpg

Blocking part does not affect the operation of the hubimgp8087.jpg

Without Servo motor Another reason is, Servo motor is prominent than wheels, thus affecting the efficiency of climbing, now, all the parts did not exceed the forefront of the front wheel, so to 90 degrees on the plane, such as a wall or something is not the problem, of course, I installed the bumper in front of a few is to be demolished。

imgp8088.jpg

imgp8089.jpg

imgp8090.jpg

8466 replaced the wheels, all of a sudden a lot of weight on the 8-tooth gear is not a small pressure, basically did not play long to sweep teeth, but using the old section of eight teeth, the new problem is not。

imgp8095.jpg

很厚重

imgp8098.jpg

imgp8099.jpg

imgp8101.jpg

imgp8102.jpg

Next, of course, is not the lack of field shooting, but the body and at home shooting some differences on the details

imgp7535.jpg

imgp7536.jpg

imgp7549.jpg

imgp7550.jpg

imgp7551.jpg

imgp7552.jpg

imgp7555.jpg

imgp7556.jpg

imgp7558.jpg

imgp7559.jpg

This is my favorite part, too fascinating。(Narcissism)

imgp7560.jpg

imgp7562.jpg

imgp7569.jpg

Again one of my favorite parts of theimgp7570.jpg

Very immersive viewing angleimgp7572.jpg

imgp7575.jpg

imgp7576.jpg

imgp7579.jpg

imgp7580.jpg

imgp7588.jpg

In the video shoot when suddenly an accident, bursts in a very cute puppy。

imgp7644.jpg

imgp7839.jpg

imgp7840.jpg

imgp7841.jpg

And then in to a favorite site, is not it a bit muchimgp7842.jpg

Appearing in the video steep climb last year with a modified 9398, no climb, climb and finally this year, this slope is quite steep, and full of leaves and weeds, particularly easy to slip and wrapped。

imgp7857.jpg

Well, the picture up to it, then you look at me elaborate video, look forward to your reply, thank you watchhttp://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjE5MDUyNzYw.html

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNjE5MDUyNzYw/v.swf

All I can say is wow! Amazing color scheme, great build, tires fit great! Only complaint is that the caster angle is tilted forward, which usually affects the steering. Does the steering work fine?

Firstly your photography is sensational! And your details of WIP are outstanding.

Excellent moc, I'm very curious about the suspension, quite similar to my first off roader but looks more reliable! haha

Very high ground clearance, but I'm not sure if it is necessary; building the model more in the center would make it look a lil better from a side view.

Great job! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All I can say is wow! Amazing color scheme, great build, tires fit great! Only complaint is that the caster angle is tilted forward, which usually affects the steering. Does the steering work fine?

Good catch, but that is somehow unavoidable with the axles ROTATING about the chassis (axis of rotation is horizontal). What one needs is a King-Pin axis that remains close the vertical at all times (King Pin axis goes goes through top/bottom knuckle connection to lower/upper control arms). To have an always positive caster, you would need an axle that 'translates' up-down relative to the chassis as done on some notorious off-road vehicles such as the old Jeep Grand Cherokee. I must mention the positive caster serves another purpose ... that of positive self-aligning moment i.e., to force the vehicle/tire to go on a straight line ... when no steering is applied (It does get a bit more complicated than that, especially in US vs. EU) ... but that's already getting a bit off-topic. Lastly, beautiful MOC, and I concur, nice color scheme. One question though: Why the mindstorms motors? The PF XL doe not provide sufficient torque?

Good catch, but that is somehow unavoidable with the axles ROTATING about the chassis (axis of rotation is horizontal). What one needs is a King-Pin axis that remains close the vertical at all times (King Pin axis goes goes through top/bottom knuckle connection to lower/upper control arms). To have an always positive caster, you would need an axle that 'translates' up-down relative to the chassis as done on some notorious off-road vehicles such as the old Jeep Grand Cherokee. I must mention the positive caster serves another purpose ... that of positive self-aligning moment i.e., to force the vehicle/tire to go on a straight line ... when no steering is applied (It does get a bit more complicated than that, especially in US vs. EU) ... but that's already getting a bit off-topic. Lastly, beautiful MOC, and I concur, nice color scheme. One question though: Why the mindstorms motors? The PF XL doe not provide sufficient torque?

nxt motor is the greatest power of all motors, and power can be output directly, without going through the gear conversion

As the four-wheel steering, the same as 9398, so the shift is no problem, do not know if you can see the video?

Wow totally amazing, and I love the Lipo battery in there, the photos of the out doors are extraordinary. The model is beautiful, it looks solid and detailed. Very good job mate! I am not sure about the suspension though, it looks incorrect for an ATV, but you may intend it to be a crawler that looks like an ATV?

Nice MOC, looks very sturdy.

nxt motor is the greatest power of all motors, and power can be output directly, without going through the gear conversion

Probably you are talking about torque not power since RC motor is almost twice as much powerful than NXT, and to be honest XL motor is slightly more powerfull than NXT. Source

Very nice)

It looks as a real one. Very qualitative, beautiful, technologic MOC with wonderful photos, colours and presentation.

Thank you for such work. I get pleasure watching such MOCs))

Very nice)

It looks as a real one. Very qualitative, beautiful, technologic MOC with wonderful photos, colours and presentation.

Thank you for such work. I get pleasure watching such MOCs))

Noting to add :sweet::thumbup:

As the four-wheel steering, the same as 9398, so the shift is no problem, do not know if you can see the video?

Just watched the video, looks like it works great :classic:

The great model and great presentation. When I get my servo I can try my hand at something big.

H