Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

[GNAR] - Gylden Abiron (wip)

So here's my Wip for the GNAR. The front hull is done, I'm waiting to place an order to finish up the back/tweak the rest. I'd really appreciate it if you'd leave some feedback regarding proportions and sail set ups.

13113263543_42812b3beb_z.jpg

I have since changed the figure head. The preliminary mast here is just a place holder.

13333141453_2a9133d8cf_z.jpg

And here's the updated figurehead. I'd appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. This is my first ship, so I'm pretty unsure how to go about doing this. Also, Gylden Abiron means Golden Revolution in old English.

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

Very nice SNOT techniques for the hull! Well done!

Also, really creative anchor!I would not have thought of that!

I am wondering if you placed a pole through the middle of all those 1x1 cylinders for the mast, something like one of those bendy tubes in the Eiffel Tower or even a couple of lightsabers... If you didn't I would recommend it for stability, but just a suggestion.

Edited by legozebra

I agree, great anchor! I like the brick built sails. And that hull is beautiful, I look forward to the completed moc. The subtle avalonian colors on the side are a nice touch too!

Good job, I like the usage of slopes for the stern (or the bow (I'm not a ship expert )). The droid piece is an inventive anchor. I like the use of he pieces for the folded up sails but it might look better if they were unfurled (unless this is supposed to be in harbor; I recognize its potential under such a circumstance).

Ah, you've decided on a name! I like it, very unique. :thumbup:

Indeed I have! Thanks!

Looking good and I agree that is a brilliant use for the droid piece!

Thanks dude!

Cute brick build ship dude! :thumbup:

Thank you!

I agree, great anchor! I like the brick built sails. And that hull is beautiful, I look forward to the completed moc. The subtle avalonian colors on the side are a nice touch too!

Thanks! I thought they'd make it pop more.

Very nice SNOT techniques for the hull! Well done!

Also, really creative anchor!I would not have thought of that!

I am wondering if you placed a pole through the middle of all those 1x1 cylinders for the mast, something like one of those bendy tubes in the Eiffel Tower or even a couple of lightsabers... If you didn't I would recommend it for stability, but just a suggestion.

I actually did!

Good job, I like the usage of slopes for the stern (or the bow (I'm not a ship expert )). The droid piece is an inventive anchor. I like the use of he pieces for the folded up sails but it might look better if they were unfurled (unless this is supposed to be in harbor; I recognize its potential under such a circumstance).

Yeah, I agree. I'm trying to figure out a way to build some sails.

Nice work so far, I like the technique you have used for the ship's body part.

I like the old figurehead more than the new, maybe you should try the old one (Loki's helmet) and combine it with the grey wing parts.

Rather nice for a ship this size! Are you going to give it a stern castle?

Nice work so far, I like the technique you have used for the ship's body part.

I like the old figurehead more than the new, maybe you should try the old one (Loki's helmet) and combine it with the grey wing parts.

Thanks! I actually really like this iteration though.

Rather nice for a ship this size! Are you going to give it a stern castle?

Probably a smallish one.

I really like the anchor and the simplicity of the sails. Sails (if not done right) can easily overwhelm a ship build. I like your solution.

Can't wait to see it finished! But I think you should make a few more furls on the sail. I like the rails too!

Looks promising and I really like the two different figure head you made!

Sweet brickbuilt hull :wub: Looking forward to seeing this finished :thumbup:

I really like the anchor and the simplicity of the sails. Sails (if not done right) can easily overwhelm a ship build. I like your solution.

As others have said, great anchor!

Thanks!