CorneliusMurdock

Super Hero Avatar Contest

banner_superhero_month.jpg

What you have to do:

Make your current sig fig or avatar into a Super Hero! This does not mean changing you avatar to Batman. You need to make up your own hero. Feel free to create an elaborate backstory.

Rules:

Change your avatar to a picture of your newly created super hero and then post a small picture of it here as well for posterity. Good photographic skills are recommended. If a voter cannot see your entry clearly, they probably won't vote for it. Feel free to include a little bio for your new Super Hero.

For example:

8142642473_03b3f00c6b_n.jpg

Mild mannered Orc by day, at night Cronk becomes "The Basher", seeking out evil wherever it can be found!

After the deadline for submission has passed, I'll put up a voting topic where all members will be able to vote for the best new avatar.

Prizes:

The top three entrants will receive a special Super Hero tag for their EB profile. (Note: a tag is not a physical object but just a fun little piece of forum flair.)

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I was just thinking about finally getting an avatar and then I saw the "Avatar yourself" post. And now this! This is a great oppurtunity to get one. But can I join as well, though I don't have any?

Hedge_Guy.png

"The Gamer became Hedge Guy when he was inspired in his garden. As a child he designed numerous costumes but didn't have the materials to make them, as an adult he is now Hedge Guy with his best friend and sidekick Hedge Boy as they take on their arch enemy Blanco."

Edited by Clone gunner comander jedi

Does it necessarily have to be a super hero... or could it be a super villain? :devil:

Nice! my first eurobricks contest! definitely entering this! Does the avatar need to be an actual lego figure or can it be something else like a drawing?

Edited by Legoboy1999

Super IT man.

By day, a mild manner IT guy providing technical support. By night, Super IT Man, a super hero who fights for truth, justice and the IBM way! He is equiped with a super briefcase of iTools and a super PowerPC notebook computer to fight evil doers.

super_it_man.jpg

Are we allowed to do something involving our entries to past contests such as the MCW Batman contest, if we redesign our old characters?

It might be time to dig out Sentinel again...

My entry:

blue-sky-2.jpg

Super T-Rex!

He's basically a T-Rex that fights crime and can fly... although he can get a little out of hand from time to time. :grin:

When is deadline for submission?

The end of Super Heroes Month (November).

But can I join as well, though I don't have any?

If you don't have a current avatar, now is a good time to make one up. Maybe your Super Hero one will become your regular one.

Does it necessarily have to be a super hero... or could it be a super villain? :devil:

Is this Super Villain Month? I don't think so. :tongue:

Are we allowed to draw our avatars?

-Sci

I suppose, but it should be LEGO related.

Would Magical Girls count as super heroes? If so, then I definitely know what I'm going to do...

If by "Magical Girls", you mean girls that fight crime with magical powers, sure. If there's some existing show or comic called that, (I'd google it but I'm afraid of what results I'd get. :snicker: ) make something up yourself.

Are we allowed to do something involving our entries to past contests such as the MCW Batman contest, if we redesign our old characters?

Why not make up a new one? It'll be fun. :grin:

If by "Magical Girls", you mean girls that fight crime with magical powers, sure. If there's some existing show or comic called that, (I'd google it but I'm afraid of what results I'd get. :snicker: ) make something up yourself.

Shadows fears not the internet and it's oddities. Magical girls. It looks like an interesting genre. :thumbup:

In case you're too afraid to follow Shadows' link (and I'd understand if you were suspicious of any link posted by Shadows :tongue: ), Magical Girl is an Anime/Manga genre that usually involves, yes, girls fighting crime/intergalactic horrors/random monsters with magical powers that often come with pink frilly outfits upon activating said powers.

Some classic examples of such would be Sailor Moon, Akazukin Chacha, Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha and Kaitou St. Tail....

(and I'd understand if you were suspicious of any link posted by Shadows :tongue: )

:angry:

:laugh:

For some reason, this took little thought. It helps that I spent a lot of my youth doodling out super hero ideas.

Anyway, this is The Scoundrel, who fights under the shadow of night. Powers? What powers? He relies on his wits and agility to get by, as well as the ability to take a right hook without complaining. Classy and debonaire, and not at all short on charm, he's unfortunately marred with a hideous complexion.

"Fear not the night! The Scoundrel walks among you!"

8152987739_13fc553b7d_c.jpg

Rogue Hunter:

http://www.flickr.co...tack7s_pstream/ (Top left photo.)

Roque Hunter is the brother of Thor, but unlike Thor he sees punishment is death. He carries high tech weaponry as he does not possess superpowers like Thor but he does have a mind and moves like he does have them, his signature weapon is his double barreled plasma gun. Even though he believes death is okay, he is still a superhero as he protects the innocent and one day dreams of having status just like his brother.

Edited by Jackattack7

anubis.png

Andrew Nubis is an archeologist... During a work in Egypt he discovered two staffs, the Staff of Sun and the Staff of Moon.

In the night, the staffs started to glow... Andrew took them, he started to feel stronger... In ten minutes he was transformed in Anubis, the Egyptian god. So he decided to keep the staffs for him and return to New York.

When he returned home, Andrew discovered more super powers. He could run faster than wind, disappear and shoot laser beams from his eyes.

So, every night, he fights the crime in his city, under the name of Anubis.

I still haven't found the right minifig to avatar myself and therefor will go with my exploit again. Hope it's all right and that I get a cool idea for my real avatar after this month ...

Superfied2.jpg

My Superfiction of the default avatar (:

Edit:

After rereading the rules carefully I think my avatar does not fit into the competition, but I'll leave it like this for the SH month, maybe I'll get some time to create a real superhero ...

Edited by MstrOfPppts

"Reveling in her super strength and flight, the enigmatic Liberty soars above Bricktropolis, seeking out any villains that threaten her once-fair city..."

8155522859_4fc93bc4fa_o.jpg

My sigfig is technically already a superhero, but even a space ranger has to follow the law which tends to get in the way when trying to bring evil doers to justice. Therefore, after being exposed to some cosmic radiation on one of his missions and gaining incredible superpowers, Oky decided to become a vigilante. Simply known as the Green Ranger (no relation to the Power Rangers character) he flies throughout the galaxy fighting criminals and the evil emperor Zurg by his own rules!

To justice and beyond! :devil:

post-2028-0-71964900-1352084595_thumb.jpg

To defending all bluecoat interest, The Bluecoat Ghost patrols every corner!

Few is know about him, just he was a the great swordsman and fought against all kind of pirates, corsairs and filibusters

Now, Is know for his quick dueling, his undaunted sense of justice and fearless for any danger

This looks like a lot of fun and looking at my avatar, I realise I don't qualify since I'm probably mostly considered a villain (by those who don't have the sense to know any better) and this isn't villain month. And it isn't new. I'll have to make something shortly. It's still going to have my normal head and probably dress in black. Or wear a hat. :laugh:

Thanks for running this! :thumbup: