wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Official Lego site will be officially unveiling the sets on October 15th, 22nd2 29th, November 5th and 12th. Check it out HERE!

Riddles for the Ring: release date December 1

Riddles for the the Ring review.

ts.20121009T143142.Image1_79000.jpg

Escape From Mirkwood Spiders: release date December 1

Dwarves included: Kili, Fili

Official EB Review

ts.20121009T145434.Image1_79001.jpg

8075637049_fb01018dd6_o.jpg

Attack of the Wargs: release date December 1

Dwarves included: Bifur, Thorin

Official EB Review

Image1_79002.jpg

8075637079_46faba2846_o.jpg

Barrel Escape: release date December 1

Dwarves included: Oin, Gloin

ts.20121009T150543.Image1_79004.jpg

Bag End: An Unexpected Gathering: release date December 1

Dwarves Included: Bombur, Balin, Bofur, Dwalin

gallery_2955_116_50469.jpg

The Goblin King Battle: release date December 1

Dwarves included: Nori, Dori, Ori

ts.20121009T151601.Image1_79010.jpg

8075629172_4171c8438b_o.jpg

Mirkwood Elf Guard

Lego-Mirkwood-Elf-Guard-Polybag-Set.jpg

Limited edition Elrond with game

gallery_2955_116_5375.jpg

Smeagol

bonus_lego_lotr_dlc_large.jpg

Oin

7976842412_97b839e7e3.jpg

Full cast

gallery_2955_116_473629.png

Polybags

gallery_2955_116_116284.jpg

gallery_2955_116_9545.jpg

6520586885_5f47e4d986_z.jpg

All of GRogalls pics

Warner Bros. Consumer Products and The LEGO Group Build on Partnership to Produce Construction Toys for THE LORD OF THE RINGS™ Trilogy and the Two Films Based on THE HOBBIT

-Building Sets Based on Epic Film Trilogy and Forthcoming Theatrical Release Slated for 2012-

BILLUND, Denmark and Burbank, CA – December 16, 2011 – Warner Bros. Consumer Products and The LEGO Group announced today a partnership that awards the world’s leading construction toy brand exclusive rights to develop build-and-play construction sets based on THE LORD OF THE RINGS™ trilogy and the two films based on THE HOBBIT™. The multi-year licensing agreement grants access to the library of characters, settings, and stories for THE LORD OF THE RINGS property, as well as films The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. LEGO® THE LORD OF THE RINGS construction sets are slated for a rolling global launch beginning in June 2012 in the United States, with LEGO THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY scheduled for later in the year.

“Only LEGO, with their expertise in the construction category, is capable of doing justice to the incredibly imaginative environments depicted in the world of THE LORD OF THE RINGS and the two films based on THE HOBBIT,” said Karen McTier, executive vice president, domestic licensing and worldwide marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “These films give life to amazing worlds and characters and we are thrilled to bring fans these products that deliver an imaginative play experience befitting of these beloved properties.”

The LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS collection will translate into LEGO form the epic locations, scenes and characters of Middle-earth as depicted in all three films, including The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

In late 2012, LEGO THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY will give fans of all ages a chance to build and play out the fantastical story and new characters of the legendary Middle-earth adventures depicted in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey from Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson, slated to premiere December 14, 2012.

“Our collaboration with Warner Bros. Consumer Products has delivered numerous worldwide successes in the construction toy aisle with lines like LEGO HARRY POTTER and LEGO BATMAN, introducing us to loyal audiences who love great stories, strong characters and the toys that they inspire,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president, licensing and entertainment for The LEGO Group. “It’s particularly exciting to now be able to create sets based on the fantasy worlds and characters from THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy and the two films based on THE HOBBIT, not only because we know they will foster collectability and creative play, but also because these are two properties that our fans have been asking us to create for years.”

Information about the sets and collectible minifigures from both collections will be unveiled at a later date at TheLordoftheRings.LEGO.com.

NOTE: Rumor and Speculation Discussions = Pages 1 - 38 / Confirmation Discussions = Page 39 onwards.

Additional Images:

Minifig Line-up

6793745821_eb7a2c9fbd_z.jpg

6793747007_a585ffb53b_z.jpg

Minifig Line-up from London ToyFair 2012

med_gallery_5203_160_209098.png

Frodo Poster

6520682375_0c6c1a8a16_z.jpg

Aragorn Poster

6674076583_964d2cb993_z.jpg

Legolas Poster

6733058015_05f8e354f8_z.jpg

Gollum Poster

6793743379_5ce531629d_b.jpg

Original Post:

When recently checking this blog I came across something interesting: http://allaboutbrick...enses.html#more

Scroll down to the bottom. I hope this is true!! :cry_happy:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

a_9469_box_front_800.jpg

9470 Shelob Attacks

a_9470_box_front_800.jpg

9471 Uruk-Hai Army

a_9471_box_front_800.jpg

9472 Attack On Weathertop

a_9472_box_front_800.jpg

9473 The Mines of Moria

a_9473_box_front_800.jpg

9474 The Battle Of Helm's Deep

a_9474_box_front_800.jpg

9476 The orc forge

b_9476_box_front_800.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus
Update pictures

When recently checking this blog I came across something interesting: http://allaboutbricks.blogspot.com/2011/08/are-lego-taking-on-too-many-licenses.html#more

Scroll down to the bottom. I hope this is true!! :cry_happy:

Seeing as it's completely unsourced, I think that the author is just recounting one of the more popular wishes/rumors. People have been clamoring for a Tolkien theme for a long time, and next year's The Hobbit movie (as well as the dubious staying power of this year's licensed themes) has many people expecting next year to finally be the year it happens. Personally, I'm not going to believe the rumors until there's some source amounting to more than wishful thinking. While a Tolkien theme would be cool I wouldn't count on the films' marketing potential within the regular LEGO age range.

Seeing as it's completely unsourced, I think that the author is just recounting one of the more popular wishes/rumors. People have been clamoring for a Tolkien theme for a long time, and next year's The Hobbit movie (as well as the dubious staying power of this year's licensed themes) has many people expecting next year to finally be the year it happens. Personally, I'm not going to believe the rumors until there's some source amounting to more than wishful thinking. While a Tolkien theme would be cool I wouldn't count on the films' marketing potential within the regular LEGO age range.

I'm as doubtful as you but he/she seems actually sure in this post (In the answer about upcoming kingdoms sets). Just wondering how long it will take before that blog gets the evil eye from Lego...

The only reason why this could even be a possibility is because of the The Hobbit (part 1 and 2) coming out. But even then, this seems far fetched, since LotR is kind of violent for LEGO.

But even then, this seems far fetched, since LotR is kind of violent for LEGO.

You know, I used to think that too, but now I'm not so sure. LEGO has shown that it has no problem creating sets based on PG-13 properties (Indiana Jones, PoP, PotC, Harry Potter), so I'm not sure if LotR really is too violent. Some of the Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Harry Potter films have a good deal of violence in them. The Hobbit will also be less violent than the trilogy. At this point, when it comes to licenses, anything is possible.

As happy as I would be for a LotR and Hobbit license from Lego, it's already difficult to narrow down my collecting focus to just 2-3 lines. My main focus will always be Star Wars, but PotC and the new Super Heroes line are very appealing. Darn it, Lego!! Too many cool licensed themes... :tongue:

If this rumor proves true, I'm torn. Castle is my favorite theme and I would hate for it to take a sabbatical just when I'm getting back into LEGO again. There's a timelessness to a generic Castle theme.

On the other hand, it's Lord of the Rings, a book series I try to read through once every year. If I can get a Gandalf minifig and a decent rendition of Bag End made out of Lego, I won't pass up the opportunity.

But in all seriousness, LEGO, how much more of my money can you take? You're getting as much as my wife will let me give you.

I agree with Aanchir. I saw this blog the other day and I think it's just the author sort of hoping.

If LEGO gets a license for The Hobbit, then LOTR will inevitably happen. And with The Hobbit being less violent, they will probably base sets first off of those two films and then branch off into the three LOTR films. If LEGO made a LOTR theme, it would be the most amazing thing ever, even if it only lasted two or three waves.

If LEGO gets a license for The Hobbit, then LOTR will inevitably happen. And with The Hobbit being less violent, they will probably base sets first off of those two films and then branch off into the three LOTR films. If LEGO made a LOTR theme, it would be the most amazing thing ever, even if it only lasted two or three waves.

I dont know Hobbit story, but I think that Battle for Helms Deep must be LOTR set (It will be in firts wave, I accidently saw set listing, but just for a second or two)

I dont know Hobbit story, but I think that Battle for Helms Deep must be LOTR set (It will be in firts wave, I accidently saw set listing, but just for a second or two)

Are you saying that you know there actually will be at least one wave of LotR sets? *huh* Where did you see it listed?

Edited by Sirius Black

:hmpf: Don't make up crap to get people excited.

I definately dont think its too violent. Also Lord of the Rings is part of the great literary tradition and as such is viewed as exempt from being too violent in much the same way as the Grimm fairy tales.

I don't think it will happen but if it is then I think it's a sign that the LEGo group is seeing their future as being more closely tied to licenses products than anything else.

POTC instead of pirates, LOTR instead of castle. SW is now the main theme.

There have been some rumours on a Hobbit-theme because of the film. But I wouldn't bet on it, it may comes with one, two waves such like Indy (which definetely was too short), but not more. The argument "It is too violent" doesn't make sense to me either. I mean, in other themes, like Indiana Jones, Star Wars or the upcoming Superheroes is violence, too. So, imo there is no real tendency.

Hello LOTR, goodbye wallet! :laugh:

More elves, more dwarfs, more human factions, more 'creature' factions...

Oh ya, I'm STOKED! :wub:

I just hope it's TRUE. :sceptic:

Hello LOTR, goodbye wallet! :laugh:

More elves, more dwarfs, more human factions, more 'creature' factions...

Oh ya, I'm STOKED! :wub:

I just hope it's TRUE. :sceptic:

I hear that! New races/factions would be great to see!

But I'm a Debbie Downer, so I will say they probably won't have any sets come out. Let's hope I'm wrong!

I hope this is true, but I doubt it. :sceptic: I'd love a Gandolf! Or a demon army? :wub_drool: Give me this and Phineas and Ferb and I'll never ask LEGO for anything again. Except for more Indy :grin:

Lego Perry! :wub:

I would be happy to get some new creatures... But peachy dwarfs/elves... :sick:

I know right! :laugh:

By peachy do you mean flesh skin? If so you can always use a highlighter to change to flesh. I think I read that somewhere.

I know right! :laugh:

By peachy do you mean flesh skin? If so you can always use a highlighter to change to flesh. I think I read that somewhere.

I was just realizing if it was licensed it would be flesh skin, hmm. I don't mind the flesh color so much like others do, but I do like continuing with the yellow to match other castle themes.

And I had not heard of using a highlighter, I will have to do some research on that.

I heard something:

Removed by request (sorry).

May 1st.

Edited by Cwetqo

I heard something:

-arrival of gandalf - 14,99 eur -weathertop - 59,99 -balin's tomb - 89,99 -helms deep - 139,99 other two were not familiar, so probably from Hobbit (26,99 and 39,99) May 1st, 2012

Where did you hear this?

I heard something:

-arrival of gandalf - 14,99 eur -weathertop - 59,99 -balin's tomb - 89,99 -helms deep - 139,99 other two were not familiar, so probably from Hobbit (26,99 and 39,99) May 1st, 2012

I won't believe this unless there are set numbers.