Siegfried

10213 Shuttle Adventure

Any speculations on the price yet?

I am hoping for something in 90-100 usd/eur range.

In term of part count it's comparable to 10194 - emerald night which is 89euro. It has fewer nuber of parts (1085), but it's train and more expensive because of that (it has metal axles, o-rings, magnets...).

10193 - Medieval Market Village costs 10bucks more but it has a lot more pieces (1600+)

10213-1.jpg

How can we know that minifigs can't see through the window? I'm hearing some odd discussion of it, like as if there's more pictures somewhere. :sing:

Hum ... Looks very interesting, I agree with many of you in saying it's probably not a must have.

Still though it will probably include loads of cool parts in white.

We'll see if the "minister of finance" aka wife lets me get it!!!!

Anyways looking forward to more pics or a great review!!

I think it looks really good. Sure it's not to scale 100%, but it looks good. I think it's ironic being that NASA is more or less shutting down.

If any of you guy's read My welcome topic you must have read that I'm a die hard space fan.I will for sure be getting this!Now for some info based on what I see:The bay door's don't appear to open because I don't see a "crease" that suggest opening bay door's,There are spotlight's along ground of the box,The ground thing has 8 wheel's,There seems to be a new bronze color on the booster.

Good day :classic:

Edited by krystalKING

The two things which disturb me the most are that the tower is missing and that the shuttle looks very "Creator-like" (esp. that the minfigs for sure can't look through the windows).

I'd prefer that there is no mast; I have no shortage of suitable pieces to create something similar. I see it more as a stand made to look like part of the platform rather than an attempt to actually make the platform. But I'm surprised that you see the fact that the figs can't see out as a "Creator-like" feature. Several non-creator sets are like this afterall; the SandCrawler, the AT-AT spring to mind.

Esp. the Space themes from around 1995 and around 2000 were brilliant and fit very well with the City theme. So why doesn't TLG release a space shuttle in a whole new Space theme?!

Yeah, I do agree here. It was a nice sub-theme, but LEGO seem to be avoiding a return to it. (Same story with divers and Paradisa.)

The bay door's don't appear to open because I don't see a "crease" that suggest opening bay door's,

:tongue: Funnily I see one in several spots, but maybe I'm looking too hard!

Esp. the Space themes from around 1995 and around 2000 were brilliant and fit very well with the City theme. So why doesn't TLG release a space shuttle in a whole new Space theme?!

Anyway I would have no money to buy and no place to display and store some Space sets - so I don't care and are lucky that 10213 is not that a set I really must have.

Klaus-Dieter

Could it be that Lego with this did not target you but the consumers that have space and money ?

You wanted something like set #1682 ? Do you realise how stupid it would look if a set like that was released today ? A set like that would never sell.

This is definitely a must-have for me. The Launch Command theme (and for that matter, space travel as a concept) was my childhood in a nutshell. My dad had an exhibit that discussed space travel, which he took to several local schools as sort of a "traveling exhibit". I collected Launch Command sets, and my pillow back home actually has an image of the Launch Command launch platform set on one side (opposite the equally-impressive Neptune Discovery Lab). I have 3-D puzzles of various spacecraft as well as books on spacecraft, and my most impressive MOC from my childhood was probably a several-foot-tall Saturn V rocket.

So yeah, I'm getting this. Can't wait to see some ambitious MOCist create a full launch platform for this. Just an all-around brilliant model.

If this set is real then I will be getting it.

It looks good with only some small things wrong with it, so it if good. :thumbup:

It's a nice way to commemorate the retiring of the shuttle and it looks very nice.

Personnaly I won't be buying it. It is smaller than the discovery shuttle and I already have that. Would have prefered it much bigger with a detailed interior/cockpit but without the external tanks.

Of course the ultimate would have been a 5000+ piece set with a hugh shuttle, external tanks, rockets, tracked platform and launch tower. On second thoughts better make it 10,000+ pieces :laugh:

After seeing the picture, I have mixed thoughts about this set. It seems smaller and less detailed than 7470, especially around the back. The stacked slopes on the tail fin look pretty generic compared to the cool slope pattern that 7470 had. The boosters and tank are a very welcome addition, but like someone else said the parts they used for the tip look a little strange and not quite round.

I'll probably still get it if the price is around $100 and the quality of the white pieces isn't too bad. I like anything related to real-world space. :thumbup: I wonder if it has a satellite inside, like all the previous Lego space shuttles did.

The cheese windscreen looks kind of sucky, to be honest

I don't like that either. It looks like it should be easy to switch them out for a 4x4x1 cockpit as used in 7470 though.

It should be kept in mind that TLG has changed the scale of City aircraft since then. The best City-scale space shuttle was arguably the Launch Command one (appearing in 6339 and 6562), but it was in line with the size of planes back then. I think this new space shuttle is about the right size considering how big the modern Lego planes are.

$250. That is really a lot of money, it's nice, but not that nice you want to spend that mush money on it. The idea is cooler than the actual set (same as the Beetle).

To bad, I'll make my own Space Shuttle, I also did when I was a kid and the City Space Shuttle came out and my parents didn't want to buy it for me.

Why is this on the Sci-Fi board, anyway? What is there that's "Fi" about it? Space shuttles aren't fictional, are they?

Yay!, well, not a great fan of real space sets but this puts the odds for a 16+ non-star wars sci fi set quite high ^^-

Thanks for the news. A new space shuttle would be great to see, and the piece counts suggests it will be pretty large. It seems like an odd choice from a marketing point of view though, considering that the real space shuttles are being retired this year.

I sort of thought that was actually the reason they are doing it.

Why is this on the Sci-Fi board, anyway? What is there that's "Fi" about it? Space shuttles aren't fictional, are they?

If people can bend the rules and class Battlestar Galactica and Stargate as Sci-Fi, I can't seen any problem with me putting Sets/MOCs based on current space craft as in the Sci-Fi forum. :grin:

(This really is the best fit. Maybe we should rename the forum again; Sci-Fi and Space? :sceptic: )

Anyone know when this is coming out?

Soonish.

Any speculations on the price yet?

I heard about this when talking to a Lego employee a few weeks ago. I came home to search eurobricks and didn't see any mention of a shuttle release for 2010, so I thought nothing of it. But now that I see it, I'm pretty excited by it. He mentioned a price point of around 100 dollars (US).

Eheheh!!! High Res!!!!!!!

t_10213_detail_12_hr.jpg

Enjoy!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by grogall

This is excellent. Now, I can zoom in to see all of its details and this is one nice big space shuttle. :thumbup:

Thanks grogall. :classic:

Thanks! Looking at this shows that...

:tongue: Funnily I see one in several spots, but maybe I'm looking too hard!

...I'm right! :tongue:

Sweet, I will get this for sure. It will look so cool next to the older 10029 lunar lander.

Another expensive year with LEGO

Morten

Thanks again for another high-res picture, grogall!

Looks like an amazing set! The minifigs have some cool torso prints, and I just love that logo!

Not really sure why there's US flag prints/stickers on the spaceship (I'm guessing stickers), since it's probably going to be an international release. Similar to the US flag on 10197 Fire Brigade...

The dark orangeish part of the shuttle (sorry, I know nothing about shuttles :grin:) looks very pleasing to the eye! What color is it? The new PoP color?

I can't wait to see the interior! Hopefully it'll be detailed since the LEGO Direct sets are getting better and better as the months go by! :thumbup:

The dark orangeish part of the shuttle (sorry, I know nothing about shuttles :grin:) looks very pleasing to the eye! What color is it? The new PoP color?

I think it's just dark orange :wink: No doubt Ricecracker will be along to disagree with me in a moment.