Buttons

Bricklink questions

Thanks to all that helped me with my previous post. I have caught the Lego bug big time now. Can someone explain how ordering from outside your country works on Brinklink? I bought 1 ship on there from a USA dealer (oh I live in the USA) and it went well. What happens when you try to buy from outside the USA? I try to look for USA vendors but sometimes their prices are a little pricey.

Thanks for all your help!

I merged this with the general Bricklink discussion thread.

Thanks to all that helped me with my previous post. I have caught the Lego bug big time now. Can someone explain how ordering from outside your country works on Brinklink? I bought 1 ship on there from a USA dealer (oh I live in the USA) and it went well. What happens when you try to buy from outside the USA? I try to look for USA vendors but sometimes their prices are a little pricey.

Not much difference these days since most people use Paypal, and BL is in English. Maybe you will have to pay in eg Euro instead of USD, maybe you will have to wait longer for the order to arrive, maybe the tax/surcharge details will be different. All you need to do is choose a seller that ships to your country. (Green box instead of red on the price comparison page.) Most of my orders have been from USA, UK & Europe.

Hello Lego Lovers,

this is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right. I tried to post this in the community forum but I can't start a new topic there. I also searched for similar topics and didn't find anything, but maybe I didn't use the search right.

Anyways...

So I registered at BrickLink and bought this lovely Star Wars set the other day, then a couple of days ago I get an email by this girl Lizzy who is interested in me and has something very important to tell me, so she says. Being single and all, I decided to reply, I mean, why not? Might be the beginning of a long romance, right? But she never wrote back, I guess that means she's not interested anymore. :wink:

Seriously, that email was clearly spam and it included a yahoo.com email address I was supposed to write to. I searched the Internet for that exact email address and it turns out this Lizzy is interested in a lot of people...

Have you ever gotten this kind of spam mail through BrickLink? I know I can turn off the contact feature, but then sellers won't be able to reach me after I buy stuff, right?

Regards,

roki

this is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right. I tried to post this in the community forum but I can't start a new topic there.

I'll merge this with the general Bricklink discussion thread.

Have you ever gotten this kind of spam mail through BrickLink?

No, never.

I have another question. Did it ever occur to you that a package didn't arrive and was lost during transportation (the seller seems trustworthy)?

No, never.

I have another question. Did it ever occur to you that a package didn't arrive and was lost during transportation (the seller seems trustworthy)?

Not to me, but I know of a few cases. Tends to be the mail's fault.

Edited by johnnyvgoode

Have you ever gotten this kind of spam mail through BrickLink? I know I can turn off the contact feature, but then sellers won't be able to reach me after I buy stuff, right?

You can turn off the contact feature via the "My Bricklink" settings page. Sellers (and buyers) will still be able to contact you in regard to an actual order but people won't be able to contact you "randomly" using the PM feature.

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get a huge order done (over 1,100 lots, over 50,000 pieces), and I'm wondering if there is any way to quickly setup a filter for prices. I have uploaded 4 separate wanted lists of the 4 sections of the MOC, and have gone to the "by shop" tab and sorted by lots (unique) to get the best match for stores, but once I start filling out the cart, I see that many pieces are just overpriced at the specific stores.

I want to try and get an average price per piece at $0.12, and I used the program "brickstore" to calculate that reasonable average (at least I think it's reasonable). So I am trying to go for just under the average prices.

I also noticed that you can setup a maximum price for the items in the wanted list, but as I have over 9,000 items, and having to click on each piece to check the average price and then set the maximum individually would be a pain, is there any way to quickly set maximum prices on a wanted list, say, to average prices?

Or is there any program that will create a wanted-list that sets maximum prices automatically?

Oh, and also, I noticed when you auto-fill cart minimum for a wanted list, it adds both new and used pieces, basically doubling the pieces you want. Is there any way to get it to fill up with used and then get the rest new, or do I have to go through every piece and subtract the number of used pieces from the purchase of new?

Edited by alienwar9

What is the easiest way to take everything that I've ordered from Bricklink and transfer the same items into my Bricklink store inventory? It doesn't seem like I can just download all my orders as XML and then pasted that unchanged into the Inventory Upload field. It would be nice if I can just look at my order history and have an option to add to inventory.

How long is reasonable to wait before an order is shipped? I ordered an item on Sunday, got the invoice and paid the same day, but still haven't had a shipping notice. Three other orders from Sunday have all shipped (two have arrived already)

How long is reasonable to wait before an order is shipped? I ordered an item on Sunday, got the invoice and paid the same day, but still haven't had a shipping notice. Three other orders from Sunday have all shipped (two have arrived already)

I would say 3-4 business days is a very lenient amount of time to give a seller to ship your order. Sometimes the seller may have forgotten to update your shipping status so you may want to send them a message to inquire about it. Also here in the USA, we celebrated memorial day on Monday (28th), so the post office was closed.

I would say 3-4 business days is a very lenient amount of time to give a seller to ship your order. Sometimes the seller may have forgotten to update your shipping status so you may want to send them a message to inquire about it. Also here in the USA, we celebrated memorial day on Monday (28th), so the post office was closed.

Thanks. It was from Italy to the uk. Will contact them tomorrow if I've not heard anything

Has anyone else been having trouble with BL in the past 24 hours? Earlier this evening, it was not allowing me to click on set number hyperlinks, saying that I needed to check the link I followed - even though I'd just be clicking on the set number. Now its not even loading the home page at all with the error message 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31' Timeout expired /index.asp, line 25'

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks. It was from Italy to the uk. Will contact them tomorrow if I've not heard anything

And always check the Splash page, some sellers only ship on a monday others just in the weekend.

Is anyone still having problems with Bricklink? I know they had a serious meltdown yesterday, but when I use the search option I keep getting a message along the lines of:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e09'

The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'Country', database 'bricklink', schema 'dbo'.

/getIp.asp, line 38

I don't have a twitter account (and don't want one) so I can't see if this is a known problem!

Is anyone still having problems with Bricklink? I know they had a serious meltdown yesterday, but when I use the search option I keep getting a message along the lines of:

The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'Country', database 'bricklink', schema 'dbo'.

/getIp.asp, line 38

I don't have a twitter account (and don't want one) so I can't see if this is a known problem!

I have the same problem, but only, when I'm not logged in.

/getIp.asp, line 38

They were attacked yesterday. They locked down a lot of the SQL security and database security privileges until they can get everything patched. That is hat is causing these errors for he most part.

Ok, I went thru 20 pages and didn't see this so I will ask. I am in the US and want to sell. Problem is how do I know prices to give for shipping when I haven't shipped? I know if it's a certain amount of pieces, they can go in the small flat rate box but what about just whatever pieces? I have been buying for years and a lot use the Paypal shipping. But doesn't shipping like say first class depend on thickness of the envelope? I would love to sell but this shipping thing is confusing me.

I dont know about your particular country but here in England the Royal Mail have price lists available in a leaflet and online too I believe so you can see straight away the prices for each weight class. All you need is a set of scales so you can weigh the order.

What you could also do is when you receive an order or shipping enquiry, message the buyer to say thank you for bussiness and inform them you will send an invoice/shipping quote the following day after you have had time to get the parcel priced up at your local post office.

Just remember to include the cost of packaging if you are going to charge for that. Some stores do, I personaaly dont bother as I get my padded envelopes and boxes very cheaply.

Most buyers are happy to wait a day or so for an invoice, just keep them informed :wink:

Edited by charlieboy

Ok, I went thru 20 pages and didn't see this so I will ask. I am in the US and want to sell. Problem is how do I know prices to give for shipping when I haven't shipped? I know if it's a certain amount of pieces, they can go in the small flat rate box but what about just whatever pieces? I have been buying for years and a lot use the Paypal shipping. But doesn't shipping like say first class depend on thickness of the envelope? I would love to sell but this shipping thing is confusing me.

What I normally do is I give the buyers an estimated postage. If it is lower than what they have paid after deduction of your postage paid and other packing materials and any ancillary costs, I will refund them the extra.

If it is higher, I absorb but normally it is a refund from me.

Is the site still not working right yet? I wanted to relaunch my store and after sitting here for an hour typing things up, I get an error message. How do I do my store?

How do I export a list of parts from brickstore to bricklink, keeping the quantity intact? I've added the quantity in brickstore, the quantity tag is there in the XML <QTY>, but when I import it, it doesn't set the minimum quantity.

edit: figured it out. Brickstore is mainly for uploading inventories for stores, and uses the <QTY> tag. For wanted lists on bricklink, you need the <MINQTY> tag to show how many you're looking for. A quick find/replace in wordpad and its all good.

Edited by mrklaw