mortesv

[MOC] The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Rebel Fleet

54 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Thanks mortesv, it's certainly been a rather interesting 6 months!  

I fell really hard onto concrete and managed to break my femur completely in two, just below the 'ball' part.  I had surgery to re-enforce it with a large alloy bolt, followed by 12 weeks on crutches, which was incredibly frustrating.  The consultant has been very pleased with my progress, and it's all fused really well, but I'll need to have it monitored for another 18 months before I'm finally given the all-clear.  I'm still not 100% at the moment, but I'm just very grateful that I can walk again as I'm usually very active :classic:

....I'll be in touch shortly!

Oh, that sounds brutal. Crutches are a bane. My worst injury was falling and crushing a bottle through my hand. I still don't have proper sensation in my left hand - which leads to some nasty model drops from time to time.

But I digress, the frigate will be a nice build to start up building again :)

Wow! That is spectacular! I was hoping we would be getting some fleet pictures when you completed the Blockade runner. So I guess that you had kid duty while the photographer was busy recording your masterpiece?  :laugh:  There are several more ships that could be built but they are all pretty small and insignificant. Looking forward to any future projects.

Really impressive.

It is a reference.

Congratulations

Edited by avell

47 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

Wow! That is spectacular! I was hoping we would be getting some fleet pictures when you completed the Blockade runner. So I guess that you had kid duty while the photographer was busy recording your masterpiece?  :laugh:  There are several more ships that could be built but they are all pretty small and insignificant. Looking forward to any future projects.

Yup, I fed the baby while pictures were taken :) Yeah, there are some smaller ships, but as I mention, there is no size reference for them. Which is too bad :/

41 minutes ago, avell said:

Really impressive.

It is a reference.

Congratulations

Thank, you :)

But shouldn't the reference be "most impressive"? ;)

Hate to nag, but any progress on the plans for the Blockade runner? The 10198 just doesn't look right up next to the Neb. 

48 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

Hate to nag, but any progress on the plans for the Blockade runner? The 10198 just doesn't look right up next to the Neb. 

The problem is that cjd223 can't make instructions without a ldd and I do not have a finished ldd, since I designed a substantial part of the model directly in bricks.

I have tried to finish the ldd, but in several places it is not possible. Maybe I could stich something together with floating bricks in a few places - but I am not sure how popular I would get sharing something half finished :)

Wow, this is incredible. So many ships that are all extremely accurate and look fantastic. Amazing job and a huge congratulations to you on this outstanding feat. 

33 minutes ago, mortesv said:

The problem is that cjd223 can't make instructions without a ldd and I do not have a finished ldd, since I designed a substantial part of the model directly in bricks.

I have tried to finish the ldd, but in several places it is not possible. Maybe I could stich something together with floating bricks in a few places - but I am not sure how popular I would get sharing something half finished :)

I'd take them in any form! I just need the general idea to get started. 

I just finished the Rebel Transport, and it's very nice.  I LOVE the Tantive IV and hope to build it, but from the size, it looks like it will be quite expensive!  I'm still holding out hope though, it looks amazing!  I don't think I'm going to do the Nebulon, at least not in the next year.

This diorama is just so amazing that I am lost for words!

At least for mere mortals like us, we still can get to build the Nebulon, transports and the miniature fighters! :laugh:

Most impressive.

Having built half of the GR-75, I can sense the size of that fleet! That's something I'd really want to have at home (one), just to spend hours to look at it :classic:

58 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Most impressive.

Having built half of the GR-75, I can sense the size of that fleet! That's something I'd really want to have at home (one), just to spend hours to look at it :classic:

Thanks Bob, and thank you for the front page feature! :D

Home (one) - I get it. It will be my next project, I just need to decide the scale. Official sources are not exactly agreeing on the matter - anything from 1200 - 3800 meters. Meaning anywhere from a 5m to a 15m ship to keep the scale :D

Well if there was anyone I can think of who would attempt a 15m Home One to sit with this scale it's probably you. I might be in the minority but even as an old school OT fan I've never felt the affinity with the Nebulon B that some have, especially as standalone builds... it was more the whole fleet as we moved in to see Luke's recovery. Seeing it as part of a scaled fleet with Mon Calamaris and a Corvette really brings it to life as it did on screen and made me appreciate what was an already exceptional model even more. I can only add what others have said in their appreciation of this whole build.

See you in three years when that Home One is ready! ;)

Edited by Robianco

I was sure you would build more than one GR-75 ! I love you display ! Are you going to extend your fleet with Star Wars Rebels ships, now ? 

1 hour ago, samlr said:

I was sure you would build more than one GR-75 ! I love you display ! Are you going to extend your fleet with Star Wars Rebels ships, now ? 

Well I began with just one Transport, but it did not look like a fleet - and more are seen in the scene. After I had built the second I was pretty satisfied, but I still had more shelf space so I built one more. I was also pretty fun making each of them a bit different :D

I am considering building a Home One in Scale. I just need to get a definitive size for it - oh and new house to make room for it :) 

2 hours ago, mortesv said:

Well I began with just one Transport, but it did not look like a fleet - and more are seen in the scene. After I had built the second I was pretty satisfied, but I still had more shelf space so I built one more. I was also pretty fun making each of them a bit different :D

I am considering building a Home One in Scale. I just need to get a definitive size for it - oh and new house to make room for it :) 

Home one ? At least 5m, right ? That's not a house you need, it's a warehouse ! Can't wait to see it :-)

7 minutes ago, samlr said:

Home one ? At least 5m, right ? That's not a house you need, it's a warehouse ! Can't wait to see it :-)

Yeah - and it might be 15 meter if the largest estimates are to be believed :P

But without a definitive size, I am not sure it will ever happen. It is not very fun to have everything to scale, but you are not sure if the largest piece of the puzzle should be larger or smaller :/

I'm not the first to say it, and I won't be the last, this is absolutely phenomenal. You have captured the grandeur of the fleet perfectly while maintaining the correct scale. There is nothing to fault, it's wonderful. 

I really don't like Star wars, but this build transcendes personal taste! I don't understand a word you're saying, but it is beautiful to look at.