Rick

10243 Parisian Restaurant

I love this set! it is so pretty, and those new parts are great! The scooter is perfect and I'm already seeing NPU with those buckets, before any MOCers have got their hands on it. Is that artist's torso new? I thought it was Sensei Wu's.

Do I see a new trans wine bottle piece under the lamp... And what on earth is that chef doing with that wine bottle and sword?

10086613333_5f8cd669e9_c.jpg

Whoah!!! What a modular building! This is just amazing, there I was thinking they couldn't top the GG but this will come mighty close, I'll have to wait til I actually build it to decide but wow! I don't think I can wait to get my hands on this!!!!

So many great details, and different ways of doing bits and pieces... I WANT IT NOW!!! :wub:

Amazing set. Bonus point for scooter. Interesting to see the waiter trying to sabre le champagne.

Do I see a new trans wine bottle piece under the lamp...

The 2 x 2 round tile with a hole in the center seems to be a new piece for 2014, so it's simply a bottle turned upside down.

And what on earth is that chef doing with that wine bottle and sword?

Sabrage. :wink:

I'm certainly not disappointed with this modular, very charming building! I feel maybe the last two modular were average by the series standards but nowhere near as special as this. It may just pip the greengrocer for me as my favorite so far which I thought would take some doing! I like the fact the side is broken up with the steps, gives more to look at! I'm not too bothered how deep the building is as my modulars sit on the shelf in a line so its not something I notice.

As for the pieces, a decent piece count, assuming its coming in as the replacement for grand emporium at that price point, we actually get slightly more.

Love that scooter, also the large use of olive green and for me a generous amount of accessories. Is that a new 2x2 round tile with a stud on at the base of the lamps? If it is then that's a very welcomed element for me! Most of the minifig torso's I have but I'm not disheartened by this, I'm happier they spent the budget on a tiled floor and interior details.

On a final point I really love how the roof opens up at the back for access, nice to break up the tradition a little, its done very well!

Edited by snaillad

Looks like I'm finally gonna own a modular set. (not that the old ones looked bad, but this is outstanding)

Thats a nice Set! A lot of Bricks in Olive Green and a nice Snot roof in Dark Blue!

Can't wait to build it...

And I thought the series is going downhill since the Fire Station, but this is simply amazing. All the details, all the techniques, all the character this set has. I don't want to sound mean (towards the female designer who created the City Hall) but this is where the series should be. City Hall especially and also the Cinema were not on par with this. Too bad this would go well with the Cafe Corner which I didn't get when it was out. This will look great on display and once it's a set that will look even better when it's crowded with minifigs!

Well you will be able to build it this year since it will get a VIP early release on the 16th. of December!

I'm really happy with the set. :classic:

I think Jamie did a perfect job on this restaurant and in my mind is on the same level as Green Grocer.....

As soon as I saw the first image of the set on this page I knew that Jamie was the lead designer on this again - and I couldn't be happier about it. The building looks beautiful. The amount of detail that you find in every corner is amazing. I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you Jamie and team!

- There is a new printed round 1x1 dial on the stove.

Its not new, it appeared in 4 Ninja Turtles sets this year (I bought 2 off Bricklink recently so I can confirm they exist :)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98138pb010

The 2 x 2 round tile with a hole in the center seems to be a new piece for 2014, so it's simply a bottle turned upside down.

Do we have any better images of this part yet? (i.e. how do you know its a new part for 2014 with a hole in it?)

Do we have any better images of this part yet? (i.e. how do you know its a new part for 2014 with a hole in it?)

I'm not aware of any pictures of this part, but when you look at the following two pictures, they are clearly used in this set (click to enlarge).

10086613333_5f8cd669e9_c.jpg

10086624233_e603808a2d_c.jpg

- The printed menu tile reads: Hors Doeurevs (which after a quick Google search is French for a first course), then Entries and finally Desserts.

When reading your post I was afraid that they made the same letter inversion as they did with "sheild" in the Back to the future set, but they correctly wrote "hors d'oeuvres"; I can understand the error while retyping a strange word like that ;)

However the choice of both "Hors d'oeuvres" and "Entrées" is strange: nowadays both are used for the same thing (at least in a 3-course meal). The main course is missing :D

Edited by antp

Anyone know what "Chez Albert" refers to?

Awesome looking set!

It's the french version of Mc Donald's :tongue:

What a fantastic modular, so many great details, I'm also liking the new pieces, well done to the designer for building such a wonderful set, l wonder what the next modular will be :classic:

Totally love it. I am happy Jamie designed this one again. It makes the previous two pale in comparison. The guy is really prolific and should get a total raise in salary. What an expensive Lego year for me!

Wow, three pages already since earlier today.......when the other topic was locked by 'Rick' I went hunting down those images and found them real quick......OMG, it's the best....no, the greatest modular so far.

All the new parts....especially the scooter :wub: and then there is the interior detailing......more :wub: I have for this set......I might just have to buy this when it comes out (might also have to rebuild my green grocer :blush: to go with it).

The minifig on his knees with a gold ring for his girl is delightful and touching.....the aw, it's cute factor ! :laugh:

I can't wait to read the first review of this set....when someone can review it. :blush:

Fantastic set! :wub:

O how I will enjoy building this one. This is one of the best - if not the best- in the series. And that says a lot...

Jamie you rock! :thumbup:

Edited by KristofBD

awesome building ! but one thing that maybe have been said already, don't lego minifgs need to go to the bathroom ? has there been any modular apart from pet shop that features a bathroom ? toilet, shower, bath etc etc ?? why lego ? why? or maybe we'll get a nice public bath modular one time :D

Edited by Stefano

Wow, what a lovely set. I have to get it.

I really love the overall shape of the building, although it might be a bit low. (As I compare it in GRogall's signature)

The fact that they used the bricks they've saved, by making the building smaller, on detailling and interior is awesome.

As many of you already mentioned, it's among the best modulars ever created.

Over 3 pages of comments I haven't seen a single bad comment!

This on really raises the bar for future sets!

Awesome! - This may be my fav. I'm also very pleased that Lego is adjusting their Canadian pricing to be more comparable to US pricing. $30 difference vs $50 in the past - though not close to par, which is what the exchange rate it, it's a step in the right direction.

Amazing amount of details and great colour scheme. Thanks OP for the fantastic HD pictures!

I totally agree, i usually spend a weekend in the states just soI can pick one of the mod's up for the cheaper price. very nice details

Truly beautiful.

I felt that the Chinese theatre broke with the "style" ,if you can call it that, of the modulars. It sticks out like a sore thumb, not that it isn't a nice building but it doesn't quite fit in with the rest.

This however is how they all should be. Must buy, day one for sure.