Hello,

My first post here, first MOC and first serious project in LDD... 40+ Lego fan, engineer…

Inspiration:

1) custom BMW R100 http://www.bikeexif....bmw-r100-kevils

2) boxer engine and Cardan transmission

3) high prices for Lego chain elements ;)

Some pictures shows final (??) result of transferring this beautiful bike into Lego Technic world… to be serious third attempt, lot of modification done during feew days of design ;)

Selected ideas for this project tested in real bricks, to check rigidity and technical details. Real model - in future planes.

~ 360 elemets used, bricks only avaliable on LDD 4.3.

Ready to Lego CUUSCO ;)?

bmw_10.jpg

bmw_11.jpg

bmw_12.jpg

bmw_13.jpg

bmw_14.jpg

Thx for visiting topic

Regards / Pozdrawiam

Darek

Yes, it looks great, and welcome to EB! Is the u-joint to bevel gear transmission realistic? I guess it probably is, as you're modeling it after an actual bike. Good job, I can't wait to see this in real bricks! :thumbup:

Also, is there any suspension on the front?

That looks good. I think it will look even better in bricks. Keep us up to date with progress and welcome to eurobricks.

H

Hello again,

thanks for your comments.

Brick model is planned, LDD is a good tool for modeling but a great fun is a real assembling, especially for MOC, even just to check all solutions in this unique concept :)

Due to some unavailability of brick in LDD (like front suspension) I used some combination of brick instead, final decision will be made with real bricks. Frame shortening (about 1M) is I think still possible, but parts like engine, gear box and few other brick limiting an area of solutions. What I also planned is another few panels into bottom sides of tank (with white or grey panels style like 6022768/6022767 – my LDD don’t have it).

I hope show some results will be shown within few days…

Darek

Looks great :sweet: But are you sure that the rear wheel will not hit the bodywork when the suspension is compressed?

Not tested jet... maybe some limiter will be needed...

Edited by darsedz

Great Cafe! :wink: I've shared it at my blog, hope you don't mind: http://www.legotechnicmotorcycles.blogspot.pt/2013/09/custom-bmw-r100-ldd-project-by-darsedz.html

Good idea for the cornering lights, didn't seen that solution before :) nice details!

It is one-speed gearbox, right? Great transmission!

Can you share the instructions? If you do, I would like the topic at my blog!

Hope to see more cool bikes from you soon! ;)

let me introduce... brick version of BMW

some minor changes made to increase rigidity (most corrected in LDD file),

few small bricks still not inserted (looking for it),

some changes in colors (due to unavailability of bricks in specific color, e.g. sit elements and engine body)...

dse_4044.jpg

dse_4045.jpg

dse_4048.jpg

dse_4050.jpg

... and next project in WIP phase... ;)

Wow, it looks great, much better than in LDD :thumbup: What happened to the rubber piece on the right? :wacko: Great job, looking forward to your next MOC!

You mean rubber on sterring beam (?)

minifig handle has two grippers and one is inside this rubber... but it's a rubber piece so - for me it's ok.

I looked for some idea to realize handle (not sure it's a correct word)...

Thanks a lot.

Now lets get to work...

It's all about sorting, ordering, prebuilding, digital testing, rendering..

10667280273_688003ea78_n.jpg

And then finally...

wait and see!

I think a head lamp with first transparent piece of lamp chassis (43898-Parabolic Reflector) will look better, as Jonsson on Hard Tail Bobber done.

And another important mod (from my practice) - a first part of cylinder head - placed on the top of engine block can't be a round one (2x2 round), due to a small contact on the pins, square 2x2 plate is a better solution

Wow. Hat of to the creation and I must say the patience in creating them in LDD also deserves a hat tip