Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

Just noticed this little gem from the set:

NYmZlim.png

Magma stud. :wub:

Pretty sure it's just a normal trans-orange stud, it's the lighting. :sceptic:

-Sci

I'm a little torn. Should I be excited about the graffiti stickers, or should I be in fear of the DSS this set is going to have. To be honest, there is no way that will affect this as a definite purchase.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other sets they are releasing, but why am I fearful that the winter flagship set is going to be a 5 seated Batwing...

Very excited!!

Edited by Penkid11

All I want from this Collectable Minifigure Series is that Johnny Thunder from the trailer.

The moment I read "New-again," he was the first to come to mind.

Fingers crossed!

Can I politely ask why this hype for Johnny Thunder? There's plenty of him on ebay or bricklink at super cheap prices... I myself have dozens of that minifig...

I'm definitely torn since there are only so many LEGO sets I could afford anyway...

I like the idea of collectible figures, depending on who we get.

The sets will be neat since they can vary in theme under one collective "movie" theme. I think that will help give us a lot of throwback stuff that wouldn't have been made otherwise. Now since they retired a lot of the older colors, they will all be updated with the new color scheme, which will be fine but it will be different than the earlier Wild West theme and whatnot.

As far as that set picture, it looks great. I don't care so much for the vehicles, but the robotic police with the new tactical vests and guns will definitely get added to my collection. I wouldn't mind army building them, that's for sure.

I can't wait to see more set releases/images/details...

Topics merged.

CopMike, I saw you merged the topics. Quick question, one seems to discuss the minifigure line based on the movie while the other discussed sets. I'm likely wrong but it was kind of nice having them seperate :blush: If that doesn't work, no worries! I'm still seriously excited!

Hmm, hopefully there will be some Castle-themed set and/or figures too. The trailer was somewhat lacking in that aspect, only including 2013 lion knights with, for some inexplicable reason, pirate swords. The new hood piece on Lucy looks nice, and her hair isn't bad either. Presumably Lucy being the female lead will be in some other set(s) too, which is nice as I'm not that interested in the vehicles and robot policemen.

Wow, love that bike ! The car is nice too. But I don't really like the minifigs, especially Emmett. x/

CopMike, I saw you merged the topics. Quick question, one seems to discuss the minifigure line based on the movie while the other discussed sets. I'm likely wrong but it was kind of nice having them seperate :blush: If that doesn't work, no worries! I'm still seriously excited!

Yeah, no disrespect towards you CopMike, but I share the same opinion. It will be much easier once the sets come out since there's 17 sets. The minifigure thread will have posts about guessing which minifigures will be in the series, and then later on posts about each figure. Just my two cents. :wink:

Anywho, those vehicles in the set look very 2008-2009ish. I can't explain it, but they remind me of Power Miners and Agents vehicles.

Oh yes, I may have to pick up a few of these sets (and perhaps all 16 minifigures), hopefully the lego movie is great, if so Im sure that these will do well, I so far really like the first set we have seen, the figures in those look awesome (although there seems to be a fair amount of stickers) :classic:

The Mermaid will definitely be mine if it's a CMF. Will this replace a series next year or will be have four series next year? Emmett looks a little too cartoony, but the female's hair is really cool. I'm not altogether too interested in the shown set, but 16 more sets to choose from! That's about two waves, and I hope it will be. What with the DC Super Heroes possibilities and this line's possibilities, 2014 will reel me into The Pit of No Money Ever.

This set looks awesome. I love Lucy. I get a space police vibe from this one, with the police cast as the bad guys for once :devil:. Is this a first for Lego? So much better than the Flash/Riddler set with similar idea and pricepoint!

:classic:

The Mermaid will definitely be mine if it's a CMF. Will this replace a series next year or will be have four series next year? Emmett looks a little too cartoony, but the female's hair is really cool. I'm not altogether too interested in the shown set, but 16 more sets to choose from! That's about two waves, and I hope it will be. What with the DC Super Heroes possibilities and this line's possibilities, 2014 will reel me into The Pit of No Money Ever.

I could say that, but that's just an educated guess, from the interview it seems to me that the collectible series will be an extra, just like the olympic one.

Oh, so Lucy is the lead female. Thanks, I never knew her name! I wish there were more pics. Those will come soon, I'm sure.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Johnny Thunder, Panda, and Abe Lincoln. :tongue:

You forgot the ff:

a Cowboy-like minifig (not a Series 1 Cowboy or Series 6 Bandit)

a Police officer that looks like from Series 9, but with vest (Maybe it might be possible to be Airport Security Guard)

a female minifigure that looks like Series 5 Fitness Instructor, but with music player on it.

@Topic:

Soon when those sets are release I'll be getting some including the CMF ones.

Edited by JeagerEX

I'm looking forward to a minifigure of the old bearded mentor guy (don't know his name), and the movie-based sets really look 2014, they just look that much more advanced.

I'm looking forward to a minifigure of the old bearded mentor guy (don't know his name), and the movie-based sets really look 2014, they just look that much more advanced.

His name is Vitruvius.

Woohoo!! 16 CMF based on the movie! Can't wait!

So TLG will not having a plan to make Series 12 or its just a special CMF Series based on the film?

So TLG will not having a plan to make Series 12 or its just a special CMF Series based on the film?

I doubt it will be Series 12, like the Team GB figures weren't Series 8. But, I think Series 12 will come in May of 2014.

Ya I'm feeling this will be an exclusive as well, since it is a promotional tie in. Do you think it will delay the release of another series though? TLG may be throwing everything behind this first because if it works for them...$$$