Sign in to follow this  
Jipay

Spongebob first picture

The Lego Company was kind enough to provide us with the first pictures of the new spongebob line. Here it is. The set is called 3827 Bikini function and the line should be available at about the same time as the batman line.

post-1-1138745108_thumb.jpg

We should just make clear that this isn't the whole set. This is just Spongebob's bed, inside the pineapple. I've edited the front page to make this clear :wink:

hahha... nice joke. you know, i am kinda getting fed up with these kinda jokes...

joking!

wow.. spongebob looks... weird? i dont know... just different i guess.. and could you give me a link to where you found it?>

Awsome! Thanks Jipay! That is very suprising! I am a little upset at the legs on SB though...

Edit: Omg, didn't you read what Jipay said crispen, TLC gave it to him. There is no link or anything... also, the pic is real. Believe it. :mad:

That will do :closedeyes:

uhhh.. guys read my post again.. you must of missed something!

and you can always change spongebobs legs...

and yeah.. kinda weird how TLC gave it to us...

I think the reason it looks weird is spongebob dosnt have his sleeves. Other than that, cool!

-l2k-

I think the reason it looks weird is spongebob dosnt have his sleeves. Other than that, cool!

-l2k-

true... your right!

oooooooooo wow this made my day, for two reasons...I am previlaged to be part of the comunity with the first ever spongebob pictures :D and...We got pictures! Very cool im happy:D looks good, and its made of bricks :D not 1 piece :)... Well there you have it folks, spongebob

I like it, I think it looks much better than I expected! I actually like that they used regular old minifig legs for SB.... anything else and it would start not seeming like Lego anymore.

When I learned about that licence I went and posted pics of the cartoon in the other thread !!!

Now I'm really impressed on TLC's design !! They did a great job on the fig !! I'm sure that the rest of the two MFs sets will be as great !!!!!!!

I can't wait for making a custom beach retsaurant! !!!

Go TLC !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i thought that it was a istake by lego to make spongebob sets but aftr seeing this one im really impressed by it.

Much better than I expected!!!!!!

It is a pleasure to know that the final mf design is just like a lego one: short legs and kind of R2D2 design (you know, R2D2 has its own "body piece", and now Sponge Bob has one). The bed looks awesome and well, just wait to see new images.

And finally TLC gives EB an exclusive, yeah! :-D

Don't know why but I expected Duplo *wacko*

In this version it would be interesting :cool:

HAW! That's pretty nifty!

I too thought they were going to be Duplo or Duplo-like...but Minifig style? Now I might pick up a set or two just for the hell of it. Considering I've never sat down and watched an entire episode of the show or had any interest at all in Spongebob there, that's saying something nuts.GIF

holy crap, thats astonishing!!!!!!!!! And it looks alot less junioriized than other new lego, i mean the bed is made almost entirely out of plates and modified plates. spongebob looks hilarious and i think the minifig spongebob better than the cartoon spongebob, good work lego! :smile:

Also, look at that! It's a launching bed! This is incredible! I tell ya, I thought this was going to be a dud, but seeing how the figures are build, this line is going to be kicking Megabloks butt EVERYWHERE.

Also, look at that! It's a launching bed! This is incredible! I tell ya, I thought this was going to be a dud, but seeing how the figures are build, this line is going to be kicking Megabloks butt EVERYWHERE.

Kapow! YEs its truly awsome and...A breath of fresh air to see this. THANK YOU TLC!

Finally, a pic. I really like the direction their going with this.

And with that I just have one thing to say,

I'm ready :biggrin: .