Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest CMF Important Poll

How many minifigures do you want to reach round 2?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How many minifigures do you want to reach round 2?

• 64. Leave things as they are.
    • 128. All the runner-ups deserve a second chance.

Hello

I have been reported that the current formula isn't very fair because this scenario can happen:

2 similar EXCELLENT minifigure can split the audience and lose towards 1 GOOD minifigure of a totally different kind.

In order to partially recover from this, I have been given this idea: saving from elimination all the runner-ups from previous rounds.

If that is the case, I won't make the game longer than already is, I'd simply make more votes during the same round, avoiding the main problem that the game goes on forever.

After all in most of the world cups, runner-ups always qualify to the next round.

I am personally agreeing with this solution, but I'll let you decide.

I'll close voting when round 64 ends, and next round will have 128 or 64 minifigures depending on this choice.

I'm going with the runner-up thing because I'm still bitter about the Demolition Dummy barely losing to the Vampire.

This is not World Cup Soccer.  None of the German Team soccer figs have won. :laugh:   Like Miss Universe, runner up should only be used if the winner of the round can not fulfill his/her/its obligations.    :classic:

Some pairings are just unfortunate, with strong minifigs in the same round, while at some other occasion none really deserved to get further, so I'm in for giving 2nd chances. 

What would happen if there are 2 minfigures tied on second place?

How much i'd like to see some runner-ups win, i would just keep the old way. It's just a game after all. 

That's the way it is with tournaments. Only one can win and there are tough match ups. If the lesser ones sneak by they get taken out by the stronger ones. Tournament!

Life is not fair... So as the CMF game.

Let it be.

Leave it with 64 figs for the next round. Even though a few of my personal favorites were beaten out, I still love them (S4 Carzy Scientist, you are still my No1, no matter what!) and I respect the others' opinion. Let's continue with the winners!

The game when first started, stick to the original rules. It ought to end and finish by the original rules with the same level of participation and elimination in order to keep this constant. As much as some of my faves didn't make it, but it's all part of the game and there are bound to have uncontested participants or lucky entrant. Then, so be it. We learnt from this, do this again if ever is done again. 

The whole point is, the game has not ended and it appears there are some perceived amendments to skew the overall results. 

Let's pull this through and wrap up. Learn from there the next time. 

Keep up the good work, Itaria. 

Interesting idea. It was devastating to see some runner ups lose. My personal opinion is, even though this wasn't the plan when beginning the game, it can shake things up.

We could even do two brackets that might satisfy everyone. One with all the group winners (64), and one with the runner-ups (64). Finally pit the two champions against each other. That way, things will be virtually unchanged for those that want the game to stay the same, the runner-ups will stay in the game, and the runner-ups will still have a decent chance at winning the overall thing.

Honestly, both ways make about equal sense in my mind. I'm going to be indifferent to whichever method is selected so I guess I shouldn't have cast a vote at all.

Leave it as it is, as that was the rule that was in place at the start. Or start the whole thing again.

It was already changed to allow S17 in. Don't make more changes through the game.

Just now, MAB said:

Leave it as it is, as that was the rule that was in place at the start. Or start the whole thing again.

It was already changed to allow S17 in. Don't make more changes through the game.

Actually, S17 was already in the game from the beginning, I simply decided to call the minifigures before May 1st because we all had pictures. 

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Actually, S17 was already in the game from the beginning, I simply decided to call the minifigures before May 1st because we all had pictures. 

OK, I thought they were delayed entry until about round 20 as none of them appeared in the early rounds.

Just now, MAB said:

OK, I thought they were delayed entry until about round 20 as none of them appeared in the early rounds.

Yes, that was the case. When a minifigure of series 17 was selected by random.org, I delayed its entry because we didn't have OFFICIAL pictures.

Initial goal was to delay them until may 1st. Then to scatter them best among more groups, I let you decide wheter you wanted to have them instantly or wait May 1st and you voted to have them instantly.

OK, I see what you mean.

Anyway, I'd still vote to keep it as it is for now, as I would have voted differently in some of the rounds. I'm also not sure it would be so fair either (even if done from the start), as if there was already a clear winner in a round, then someone voting later on might not vote for the winner if they have already won, but use their vote for the second place position. If second place was going to count, I think you'd need to either have two votes for everyone in each round or (a better solution) not announce the current result until everyone has voted / a fixed time is up.

23 hours ago, BrickHat said:

We could even do two brackets that might satisfy everyone. One with all the group winners (64), and one with the runner-ups (64). Finally pit the two champions against each other. That way, things will be virtually unchanged for those that want the game to stay the same, the runner-ups will stay in the game, and the runner-ups will still have a decent chance at winning the overall thing.

I still think you can get the best of both worlds. :wink: Might be good because people seem to be split 50/50 on this issue.

Just now, BrickHat said:

I still think you can get the best of both worlds. :wink: Might be good because people seem to be split 50/50 on this issue.

Unless there is a hidden 3rd option, this "best of both worlds" option is not available.  Well I think Itaria will have to make the call if it is too close to make a decision.

I personally believe that if there is no quorum, then we must stay status quo.

On 14/05/2017 at 3:27 PM, BrickHat said:

Interesting idea. It was devastating to see some runner ups lose. My personal opinion is, even though this wasn't the plan when beginning the game, it can shake things up.

Runners-up would have a better chance of getting through the next rounds than first placed group winners though, as they would only be up against other "losers". So some runners-up would probably get further than the group winners that already beat them.

1 minute ago, MAB said:

Runners-up would have a better chance of getting through the next rounds than first placed group winners though, as they would only be up against other "losers". So some runners-up would probably get further than the group winners that already beat them.

Sure, but in the end only one would prevail. If this is about giving minifigs that had a rough group a second chance, then all that matters, in my opinion, is that they would have the chance to try to beat the champ one on one, if they win the "runner-up championship".

Edited by BrickHat

31 minutes ago, makoy said:

Unless there is a hidden 3rd option, this "best of both worlds" option is not available.  Well I think Itaria will have to make the call if it is too close to make a decision.

I personally believe that if there is no quorum, then we must stay status quo.

It's a game. I have no benefits in making it, and consumes my time.

But it's entertaining nice people here on the forum who share a passion with me so every second I put in it is well spent.

So the game is not only mine but everybodys's. And I leave this choice to everybody. Let's see. I however treasure the point of view of many of yours.

My personal point of view now is: I will keep the runner ups, the 64 winners and the ninjago cmf in October to start a new mini game with 148 minifigures only and I'll probably call it The Greatest CMF 2: Revenge of the Ninjago! or something similar. But in this game, 64 only. So I also changed my mind and I'd keep things the way they are.

Because if I call back the runner ups it will spoil all Makoy's works on the site, and the stuff of "this series is eliminated" won't work any more.

Let's see.

I voted to keep the runners-up since some of my favorites barely lost the round they were in, but I actually think now that I would change my vote.  The purpose of this game is to eliminate all CMFs other than Eurobricks voters' top favorite.  This means that every single CMF other than that top favorite will be eliminated, including everyone's personal favorite that might already have been eliminated.  It seems to me the only reason to keep runners-up would be to establish a ranking from favorite to least favorite of all CMFs, which was not the intent of this game.