Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

lol I didn't mean to start a debate about a droid's gender. 

Anyways, I myself don't care much about what the other UCS set is. I don't have the money or space for those, although a new Millennium Falcon does sound cool. If I ever get a UCS set, I would get the Death Star though. 

36 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Based on...? 

based on million times told lie become a true... just kidding

Look at Brickvault's new video. Another piece of evidence towards a UCS millenium Flacon, albeit a small piece of evidence.

With all due respect, the Falcon is in the background of this scene, so it makes sense to have it in the background of the box art. I wouldn't see it as anything.

5 minutes ago, Han solo died said:

Where'd you think I got my info from?

Yeah alright...we both posted at the same time...i wasn't replying to you

Hm...Idk about that box art for the rathtar set. It looks too cluttered. You can't make them out. They should've maybe had one of the rathtar's off to the side to show it better or something. 

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

Hm...Idk about that box art for the rathtar set. It looks too cluttered. You can't make them out. They should've maybe had one of the rathtar's off to the side to show it better or something. 

Absolutely, yes.... I vote for 75180 as this year's Hot Mess award.

It takes some effort to appreciate the richness of Lego in two dimensional images. The box art is typically the sexiest post they can make of each kit so... it's interesting that this is the most appealing version of the Eravana set TLG could generate on the front of the box. I'd love to eventually construct a complete Eravana build around it, though it would be totally gigantic. 

They did manage to get the look of the circular doorway right and there are a few video terminals where Rey can save Finn with her door closing skills. The color of the hallway underneath is questionable but I like that they've used the grilled 8x8 floor plates for Rey and Finn to hide under.  The Han Solo jack-in-the-box is a pretty typical addition. 

Great video here with a rundown of the play features from FBTB: 

Near the end, around 1:11 there's a great view of the space underneath the rathtar's cage which somehow resembles an office with 1970s decor.  There are also 4 rows of yellow bits - maybe the fuses Rey was trying to blow? Anything happening with features inside the cage?

Thanks to Lego-Freak (several pages back) for educating me on the racial diversity of rathtars. Very interesting. The scene is so dark and bathed in red light it was tricky to see the distinct red and black rathtars but I see now. Having seen how the brick build ones are posed in this video I am warming up to them. 

Edited by darththeling
embedded link

Here we go with pointing out Falcons on boxes again, even though the Falcon was in both those scenes...

Guys! There's a Millennium Falcon on the advent calendar! UCS Falcon confirmed!

On 27.2.2017 at 10:12 AM, Magmafrost said:

Do you have your own primary source for that (as in, are you or do you personally know someone who works with TLG and can beyond a shadow of a doubt know what you are saying to be true? .

Yes i know sbdy working for TLG and i know about the Falcon since late August 2016. My source is not involved in the product release process, so i can't say anything sure about exact release dates, but I even know which big USD will be coming after the Falcon (probably then in 2018), but i am not allowed to state that here until that comes up as a rumor from another side and is mentioned by someone else first.

9 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Here we go with pointing out Falcons on boxes again, even though the Falcon was in both those scenes...

Guys! There's a Millennium Falcon on the advent calendar! UCS Falcon confirmed!

all forums discusions, rumors and hints point at a ucs Falcon for around september,,,...    snowspeeder is more or less confirmed.

To my knowledge there are no other options even mentioned on the www....     

and this is still a rumors thread :laugh:

1 hour ago, Chief Togusa said:

Yes i know sbdy working for TLG and i know about the Falcon since late August 2016. My source is not involved in the product release process, so i can't say anything sure about exact release dates, but I even know which big USD will be coming after the Falcon (probably then in 2018), but i am not allowed to state that here until that comes up as a rumor from another side and is mentioned by someone else first.

You should see if you can be the first to leak something, anything at all, even one new piece of info for an already leaked set, like a piece count or something, even just PM it to a mod or something, just to verify that you're legit, because the reality is a lot of people lie about having inside information, far more than actually do have it, so we cant simply take your word for it. If you cant, well, I understand, but if the best you can do is repeat what has already been leaked, well you're not a super useful source unfortunately. And that's fine, not everyone can be, that's not a criticism of you personally.

Edited by Magmafrost

1 hour ago, Chief Togusa said:

Well that's convenient. And also, anybody can say that. As I'm sure many do..

Let's not burn people up just yet. Time always brings about who is genuine and who isn't. If, as Magmafrost has suggested, Chief Togusa is able to share any information that hasn't been leaked so far or brings something firmer to the table then that's great but I can also understand why someone wouldn't be confident in sharing anything in case they get into trouble for doing so. There are people whose jobs can be threatened for leaking information too early no matter how tempting it might be. I know of people on this site for whom this is the case.

When you know that one of the most reliable sources is younger than your nephew it puts things into perspective. Let's not hassle Togusa to leak anything. If they can and do then fine. I take most rumours with a pinch of salt until they're confirmed by several known sources anyway.

1 minute ago, Robianco said:

Time always brings about who is genuine and who isn't. If, as Magmafrost has suggested, Chief Togusa is able to share any information that hasn't been leaked so far or brings something firmer to the table then that's great

It has also since occurred to me that if Chief Togusa consistently only repeats rumors which turn out to be true, then that would be some evidence in favor of them without them having to leak anything new. However, the majority of rumors that have come up in this thread have turned out to be true, so it wouldn't be very strong evidence, although it would certainly be better than nothing.

1 minute ago, Magmafrost said:

It has also since occurred to me that if Chief Togusa consistently only repeats rumors which turn out to be true, then that would be some evidence in favor of them without them having to leak anything new. However, the majority of rumors that have come up in this thread have turned out to be true, so it wouldn't be very strong evidence, although it would certainly be better than nothing.

I think in this instance we're all hoping that the rumours are all very true. Someone saying they know for sure but can't say why or say anything new can be frustrating but I'm just going to keep some brick budget available and make some space to display regardless. You know what they say... if it looks like a Falcon and smells like a falcon then it's probably a Blockade Runner.

Let's enjoy the Snowspeeder first then we can worry about what follows.

13 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I think in this instance we're all hoping that the rumours are all very true. Someone saying they know for sure but can't say why or say anything new can be frustrating but I'm just going to keep some brick budget available and make some space to display regardless. You know what they say... if it looks like a Falcon and smells like a falcon then it's probably a Blockade Runner.

Let's enjoy the Snowspeeder first then we can worry about what follows.

Exactly this ^. Well said. It made me chuckle too. 

So, ok - first you can check out my very first posts from fall - the only reason i posted back then was to show exactly that. What i can say now is that there is this release slot in fall (which last year was the Disney Castle) and at the moment that seems like the highest possibility for the release date of the Falcon. As said my source is far far away from releasing procedures, it can't even give such info reliably (really important info e.g. design updates/new canopy mold yes or no - is also confident internally, btw), so i would consider myself not a primary source anyway but i am just another confirmation of rumors. I have once been given info about future releases which were cancelled in the process, so there goes that - hence i will only jump in once i see a rumor from another side and give another tiny confirm to it.

I've already mentioned this before but since the discussion is up again I will say it again: there is a MF UCS coming this year. The price point (from what I got as info) will be higher than the Death Star from last year (around 700€).

Well I've seen a pic of it from someone who has contacts in Billund.  The pic I saw was of the interior.  Thus its not an exact remake of 10179 and thus is a hybrid display/playset similar to recent sets.  It does exists but what's not clear is the release date, although more than likely it will be this September, but potentially it could be xmas to coincide with the release of the Last Jedi and thus the question is what happens to the Force Friday slot?  BB-8 potentially, which was mentioned elsewhere.

Edited by Lahh001

39 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

also if there is a ucs falcon lets hope this time they put an interior in it with out one it will be an easy pass

A detailed interior would either significantly  increase the part count (& cost) or reduce the overall size and keep the part count relatively the same. Although a detailed interior would be cool, I wouldn't mind if they released a near replica of the orginal either, $500-$700 USD is better than $5000 USD. When it's on display who sees the interior anyway? And 10179 is not exactly a playset.