Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Not to mention, pleasant building experience, and clean, complete look.

and nicely packed..

I know it is still very early but is there are already some rumors about the 2017 sets ? Where do these rumours come from usually?

Edited by Brick-Nick

I know it is still very early but is there are already some rumors about the 2017 sets ? Where do these rumours come from usually?

Please don't go there.

This topic will be replaced by the 2017 discussion topic when rumors start to spread (when set names are know or something).

Rumors can come from everywhere. Mostly people who have seen catalogues or something.

But like I said; let's keep this topic for 2016 and be patient. You can see when this topic started, add a year and you will have the approximate date for new rumors :wink:

Please don't go there.

This topic will be replaced by the 2017 discussion topic when rumors start to spread (when set names are know or something).

Rumors can come from everywhere. Mostly people who have seen catalogues or something.

But like I said; let's keep this topic for 2016 and be patient. You can see when this topic started, add a year and you will have the approximate date for new rumors :wink:

Sorry about this, I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Thanks for clarifying the origins of the rumors...

Sorry about this, I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Thanks for clarifying the origins of the rumors...

No problem! Each year there's this one guy who's the first to ask about next year's news or rumors. This time it's you, congrats :laugh:

This topic was started on August 1st 2015. Nuff said.

Yeah, August seems like the very earliest time to even think about getting any sort of info about next year's 1H sets.

I asked sariel if he had seen something in the lego head quarter, in the bilund fan media days but he didnt know anything. Google does also know nothing

but this is going the wrong direction. lets get back on topic

For the Race Kart and Mine Loader, the A and B models are designed by different designers.

Race Kart A: Olav Krøigaard

Race Kart B: Aurelien Rouffiange

Mine Loader: Alfred Pedersen and Lars Krogh Jensen

42055 - 226,90 Eur

42054 - 159,90 Eur

42053 - 94,90 Eur

These include the VAT of 24%.

This doesn't seem to very bad. New catalogue is already available here in Baltics, so we can check the horrible pricing and never-ever buy big sets here:

42055 - 269,99 Eur

42054 - 179,99 Eur

42053 - 109,99 Eur

This doesn't seem to very bad. New catalogue is already available here in Baltics, so we can check the horrible pricing and never-ever buy big sets here:

42055 - 269,99 Eur

42054 - 179,99 Eur

42053 - 109,99 Eur

If those are catalogue prices, street prices may still be about the same as here. I haven't seen the new catalogue here, but many shops here sell maybe 10% off the catalogue price to stay ahead of competition.

Unfortunately, most of the retail shops (especially the ones doing occasional discounts) follow use RRP. So even 20% discount doesn't always it bring down to the lowest official price (German) in EU.

Ok, since it is 1/3 thru July, and I haven't even seen the sets show up on the S@H site with the 'Coming Soon on (insert date) like when they listed the Porsche and Coming Soon on 1 June 2016, does anybody the date for the US release of these sets? I have Googled it, and get so many varied opinions, July 15, August 1(which seems to be the standard the last few years), and also saw September 1.

Concerning the Porsche, I think it was listed a full 3 weeks or more before the 1 June release. I'd like to buy it, I know it is on manufacturer backorder until the box issues are resolved.

Anybody know? I'm like the non-patient type. I have saved for these 3 sets and I'm itchin' to get them.

Thanks much for any info on release date.

I second this question. Funny, I came here to ask the exact same thing. I leave for a work-related temporary assignment and will be away from my personal collection for two months. I will have a nice hotel suite to build in, but I need LEGO to build! I am taking 42056 with me, so that will keep me occupied for some time, but I was hoping for the BWE and Xerion as well. Aside from work and out-doorsy stuff.... I need something to do! Do we know when such sets will be released in the US? Is S@H different than in stores?

I don't have inside info, but I think August 1st is still a pretty safe bet for a couple reasons. 1-It's been August first for a couple years, so why should they change it now? And 2-The Porsche is a special set, SW UCS sets are listed a month ahead of time too. If I remember correctly, last years 2H sets weren't on S@H until maybe 3 or 4 days before the 1st.

I don't have inside info, but I think August 1st is still a pretty safe bet for a couple reasons. 1-It's been August first for a couple years, so why should they change it now? And 2-The Porsche is a special set, SW UCS sets are listed a month ahead of time too. If I remember correctly, last years 2H sets weren't on S@H until maybe 3 or 4 days before the 1st.

Yes, but in the US? I know that if not in the US, you can't really answer this, but release dates for other locations other than the US is no help to me as the release dates for US and other places is almost always quite a bit different.....

Yes, but in the US? I know that if not in the US, you can't really answer this, but release dates for other locations other than the US is no help to me as the release dates for US and other places is almost always quite a bit different.....

I also thirdly am wondering the same thing, nerdsforprez..Kman860 is right there, all of a sudden S@H had them up a few days before release..what I don't get, unlike other websites, is why you can't place a pre-order with Lego, so you are guaranteed the sets on release day, Amazon.com lets you pre-order...and it seems like the UK S@H and Amazon.co.uk seems to list release dates long before the same US based S@H and Amazon ever show them...I realize they are produced mostly in Denmark, so it would only make sense that in Europe you would get them first, whereas the US is overseas and long ways for Lego sets to travel. I know with the 42056 the Coming Soon was put up 3 weeks or so before they released the Porsche online only, except why did Lego stores in Germany have it available? That was really odd. I missed the boat, I believe they sold out on June 1, I can recall checking on the 2nd I think...of course now they are fixing the box issues.

But, I digress, I really want the 42053, 42054 and 42055, the Porsche is a bit high IMO. I know I'll end up getting it eventually as I collect nearly every Technic set released, but right now my money's going for the summer releases. It seems prior to 2014 the summer release was around July 1. So, being a bit nitpicky and waiting without patience, Lego ought to make it real even, 6 months between 1H and 2H releases. With all the members that are interested and post the pinned topic right after the last batch of Technic releases, so many people know, or are able to gather the images for the next batch release, so why not release dates. I did call Lego Cust Service yesterday and as usual, they are so secretive about release date of new sets coming up, in fact the woman I talked to said she didn't even know anything about the set#'s I gave her, and you know darn well all agents know about hot items coming up.

As far as the Lego stores having stock vs S@H, I've often wondered that too. Do the stores put the sets on their shelves at same time S@H has them available? I've never been to a Lego store, but this year I could justify a day trip of about 340 miles round trip to the nearest Lego store, but will they sell all their available stock before I can get there? I wonder if they will hold items. Myself, I want 2 42053's, 2 42054's and a 42055 (can't justify getting another copy of that set cause of the high price). I like the B-models of all the sets this year, just like last year's 42042 and 42043. Toys R Us in the area I live in didn't ever stock the 42043, and only 2 had the 42042 and not until springtime, so like 7 months after release last summer. I live in a metro area with a population of 1.3 million people, so I can't understand why the 4 Toys R Us stores, farthest being about 30 minutes from where I live, don't carry the big summer sets. They might carry the 42053 I'm thinking, but maybe the other themes are a lot more popular, so they don't want to waste 'real estate' space with the monster 42043, and this year the 42055. The 42054 is a big question mark, but considering they are still stocking some 2014 and all of 2015 sets less the 42043, they probably don't have the space for the 42054, definitely not the 42055. And 2 stores are huge. Whereas the Toys R Us stores nearby the Lego store on the other side of the state seem to always carry the sets, probably a competition thing, but its a long drive on busy freeways, and naturally the nice construction season where I got majorly jammed up last summer when I traveled about 280 miles round trip to a TRU to attain the 42042 and 42043.

Simply put, I really hope its not September 1, or even August 15. I am assuming August 1, and hope it is, that's only 3 wks away. Once I saw these sets in mid-May I've been waiting and saving... :grin:

Well, I'm in Canada and I'm sure we have the same release dates.

Some sets hit LEGO store shelves as soon as they get them, some have strict street dates. Some official stores follow the street dates precisely, some put them out early anyways.

Gotta acknowledge that TLG is doing a better and better job in confidentiality... It was almost impossible to think that the preliminary shots of 2H technic sets would not have been leaked at this stage.

Well, I'm in Canada and I'm sure we have the same release dates.

Generally Canada and the US release dates are the exact same.

all the 2H sets are on Amazon.fr - doesn't look like they are in stock though but saying delivery expected in 1-3 weeks and prime orders to be fulfilled 30th July to 6th August (the Porsche has slightly later dates)