Kai NRG

To the Ax with the Tax! Part 2 - Grinding Down

Previously - Part 1 - Plots and Preparations

23839544584_004ac7aa04.jpg

"What a day! What miserable cold!" Malek complained.

"Sir, it is 80 degrees."

23839562474_e249e620d6.jpg

"Eighty! Such a chill!"

The coachman shrugged. Mummies!

His passenger presently resumed the conversation. "Are we almost there yet?"

"There's our destination - right over that dune."

24172177680_68c19bc183.jpg

"That place? I took it for a chicken coop!" The tax collector looked out of the gilt coach window, disgusted. "Guess there won't be too many taxes to collect here... but you bet I'll get a hold of whatever there is to be had."

24172174080_fd0b0b9624.jpg

To be continued...

A few more pictures of the build:

24467767895_f2e989c692.jpg

The back of the carriage:

24172156210_296627996a.jpg

Carriages are always fun and though at times this one was a bit of a pain on the whole it was an enjoyable building experience! Pretty happy with how it turned out too, though like all my other carriages, it was too big for the base!

Thanks for looking! Comments are always appreciated!

That coach is good... But the cottage and it's surroundings are just awesome!

Very nice build Kai, especially with the carriage - that first shot is excellent! Looking forward to more of this story too! :wink:

The coach is very unique. I like how the wheels are under the cabin instead of being attached to the sifes. And the hut is kind of adorable.

That is one strange looking coach, that's for sure. Overall, nice work.......even if the Mummy is right. That house does look like a chicken coop.

Excellent harness arrangement for the carriage horses :thumbup: The irregular landscape is very effective here, and that little house is pretty neat, the larger at top appearance works somehow. Though I do think it's a little odd that you RB outlining all the dark green, til the roof, where you switch to dark green on the outside :look:

Nice work! I like the shape of the cabin, and the carriage is great. It strangely reminds me of both Cinderella's carriage, and an old VW bus.

Thanks everyone!

The coach is very unique. I like how the wheels are under the cabin instead of being attached to the sifes. And the hut is kind of adorable.

I tried to visualize it with the wheels on the outside and came to the conclusion that it would look quite dorky, given how wide it was!

Thanks!

Excellent harness arrangement for the carriage horses :thumbup: The irregular landscape is very effective here, and that little house is pretty neat, the larger at top appearance works somehow. Though I do think it's a little odd that you RB outlining all the dark green, til the roof, where you switch to dark green on the outside :look:

Thank you!

You have a point there! But I didn't have the tiles to dk green the inside, so I decided to just switch it!

Nice work! I like the shape of the cabin, and the carriage is great. It strangely reminds me of both Cinderella's carriage, and an old VW bus.

:laugh: I actually was thinking of the Knight's Kingdom Carriage while I was building it... but now that you mention it, it does kind of remind me of a VW!

Thanks!

Nice builds :classic:

The reflections in the surface in the first picture makes it look like a real product photograph :wink:

What was your table/background setup there?

Nice builds :classic:

The reflections in the surface in the first picture makes it look like a real product photograph :wink:

What was your table/background setup there?

Thank you!

Same as always, really, only of course white paper instead of color as I sometimes use. The white paper has a bit of a glossy finish, which I've noticed before in photographing previous vehicles. The background is just field/trees/sky (shade of course, I'm careful to make sure the sun is on the other side of the house! or behind clouds - which spares me some heat, too).

Thank you!

Same as always, really, only of course white paper instead of color as I sometimes use. The white paper has a bit of a glossy finish, which I've noticed before in photographing previous vehicles. The background is just field/trees/sky (shade of course, I'm careful to make sure the sun is on the other side of the house! or behind clouds - which spares me some heat, too).

Nice, you seem to have found a very good setup which serves you well!

And in the cold north I'm of course not at all envious of the abundant natural light and heat you seem to have more than enough of :wink:

Nice, you seem to have found a very good setup which serves you well!

And in the cold north I'm of course not at all envious of the abundant natural light and heat you seem to have more than enough of :wink:

I'd be more than happy to send some of our heat your way! (Actually today is nice and cool, but last week!)

I like my general set up usually, except that it has a tendency to get my papers dirty and when it's windy things can be dreadful! (Chickens, the cat, and flies can be annoying as well.) Someday I hope to move indoors, but likely enough that won't be anytime soon!

The mummy is quite right, the house looks like a chicken coop, be it a rather large chicken coop but still a chicken coop. Anyway amazing build, I really like the slated walls of the chicken coop house.

:classic:

The mummy is quite right, the house looks like a chicken coop, be it a rather large chicken coop but still a chicken coop. Anyway amazing build, I really like the slated walls of the chicken coop house.

:classic:

Thanks! I'll have to admit that it's a lot prettier looking than our chicken coop, though! :grin: Trying out the slanted walls was fun!