16265263204_2cf55488b9_z.jpg

Knowing their allies are desperate for supplies, the High Council sends an agent along with a pair of highly-respected Goldpike mercenaries to protect a relief shipment of supplies. They expect to be attacked if they move in the open, so another route was necessary. To get through the secret and narrow passes in the rocky terrain that surrounds Mpya Stedor, a Leander Ostrich-Wrangler was also tapped for the job. Unlike the "gifts" of the so-called Desert King, the High Council's support comes with no strings attached.

16700249910_7b365ae711_z.jpg

And besides, just what is that mummy pouring into the water barrel anyway!? Is his lieutenant negotiating with the Everlast officer, or is he providing a convenient distraction for some nefarious chicanery? Have you ever met a desert mummy?

NOTE: This build isn't intended to be untitled. Oops, I thought I'd put a title in before hitting "post". Can a mod please add the title: Keeping Everlast Supplied.

Edited by mccoyed

:thumbup: Proving that we Rakath Kaliphlin don't need the Desert King, and that his offer is merely a distraction in his bid for conquest.

Nice! I like the colors of the building, and the ground texture looks pretty good. I think the rockwork could flow better (in other words, have smoother shaping), though.

Excellent counter, mccoyed. The tower looks great with the dark red stripes, and I like the pack ostriches a lot :thumbup:

Great counter! Love the building!

Do agree with Halhi on the rockwork though.

Vive le Republic!

Fantastic build! I love the colors and rockwork. Great idea for a counter too :thumbup:

Thanks LJ!

:thumbup: Proving that we Rakath Kaliphlin don't need the Desert King, and that his offer is merely a distraction in his bid for conquest.

Darn right! How do you like the architecture? I have to admit I spent a lot of time looking at Everlast, Mpya Stedor, and related builds to make sure I did it justice. Very fun to use these colors for me.

Nice! I like the colors of the building, and the ground texture looks pretty good. I think the rockwork could flow better (in other words, have smoother shaping), though.

Rockwork is not my strongsuit. I look at some of the stuff people pull off, and I just can't imagine how they do it. I definitely realize mine needs work and I'm always trying to find a style/look I like but never quite get there. This was an attempt to leave some studs for a more broken look, but it feels a bit haphazard doesn't it? I would want something not too smooth, actually, but definitely with better "flow" than it turned out. Alas!

Excellent counter, mccoyed. The tower looks great with the dark red stripes, and I like the pack ostriches a lot :thumbup:

When I realized I could make those barrels stay on AND include a bit of an awning to keep the sun off em? Great success!

Great counter! :thumbup:

Thanks LV.

Nice job with the rockwork! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai. I appreciate that, though I have to agree with the others who've mentioned it could use some work.

Excellent counter!!! For Everlast!! For the Republic!!

:thumbup:

The Republic!

Great counter! Love the building!

Do agree with Halhi on the rockwork though.

Vive le Republic!

I agree about it too. I've seen some of your stuff, Adair, and I can't fathom how you get the results you do. Is there any specific builder or tutorial you could recommend? I try to learn as much as I can from Soccerkid by looking at his builds, but he has a mastery of execution that I can't match. For people who do more SNOT and exotic techniques, like yourself, I'm intimidated a bit by how difficult it seems and get frustrated experimenting.

But hey, The Republic!

Nice rocks. I like the mountain feeling. But you better evacuate your troops :P

Great counter, Mccoyed! It fits perfectly with mine, and you have included so many great details. :thumbup:

I like the ostriches, the mercenaries, the landscaping (although some height difference might improve it even more) and love the small "vignette" in the tower! How typical of the DK to try for foul play! :wink:

Vive la République! Everlast shall never stand alone!

Edited by Bregir

Nice counter McCoyed, and the Desert King will be glad to accept your sacrifice of, erm, one leafy carrot top, in any of the 5 squares he holds in your shortest land route. Otherwise the bastion of Everlast is welcome to feast on the roasted thighs of your pack ostriches when we pass them over. Roasted.

:laugh:

@mcoyyed: Concerning your rockwork, it's a tricky thing to pull off well, I suggest continuing to mess around with different styles and designs, till you find one that you like. Don't worry about not getting great results right away, rockwork is largely trial and error, and the more you do, the better you understand how to build it, what works and doesn't, etc.

Nice counter :thumbup: The way the tower is built into the rocks looks good. The path is nice and rugged as well, much how'd I expect it. SK is right, just try experimenting with the rockwork and you'll figure out some neat techniques. One suggestion I would have is steering away from using many 2 x something pieces and stick to the 1x slopes. The thick slopes don't break up the pattern as well and look a little too blocky for landscaping purposes. Either way, a good build and counter my friend!