Superfunk

MOC: Modular Shell Gas Station

A wonderful MOC! I love the details, the windshield washing equipment etc. I would like to see more of the shop's inside.

It sits very nicely with the modulars even if it's not a building. Do you have an estimate of the piece count?

Wouldn't it be great if TLG did one proper modular a year PLUS one set with a smaller piece count (say max. 1000 pc) that would complement a Modular City? I agree with Glendo, this would be a great set.

The tight fit is actually very realistic. I've seen a number of gas stations (in the USA) that are like this; corner lot, barely any room to move around. In fact, I just saw one in a historic small town in Oregon, called Mt. Baker while driving through a few months ago. We stopped to fuel up at a Shell station, and it looked just like this! Hardly any room to drive through at all.

This is awesome! Love the attention to detail, like the different coloured pump hoses and the steps down to the back of the Palace Cinema. The diagonal tiled floor looks great too. Love it!

Really great job, I like it a lot too. I see many of the parts and the car came out of the City Garage set. I might be interested in doing something similar with mine some day. I love the colors, very crisp and realistic like a Shell station would have.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

A wonderful MOC! I love the details, the windshield washing equipment etc. I would like to see more of the shop's inside.

It sits very nicely with the modulars even if it's not a building. Do you have an estimate of the piece count?

Thanks! There's a couple of more pictures of the inside of the shop in my Flickr album. A rough estimate of the piece count ist about 1400.

How did I miss this?

Great build, superfunk! The shop and the equipment are brilliantly done.

Love the recycling station with electricity unit as well.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Thanks, lightningtiger! I checked, but the last building contest was limited to 32 x 32... :wink: Hadn't seen your Coles station before, my inspiration mainly came from Google (such as here or here)... :classic:

Click the link to my Coles Express 'Superfunk'......http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Lightningtiger/AussieCountryTowns/2015/000000_new_mannum_2015_900.jpg

Hey, I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I was going to ask you, do you have instructions for the station in PDF form? I would like to have some so I can Bricklink the parts. Thank you!

I really love the design of this Gas Station! I wish that Lego would make a more of them because they recently haven't! Where are the Lego figures supposed to gas up there cars?!?! Well absolutley perfection of a model, really love the addition of lighting. Would you be able to show a more in depth picture(s) of that shell truck I spotted!

Impeccable Job!

-RailCo

very nice build, love the amount of detail. we need more stuff like this in modular.