ghostmind

2015 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Ty for the images. I just looked through them... I'm not seeing any wow factor in the lego sets coming out but i will get a few of the lego friends sets though.

However, i am concerned if mega bloks will appreciate lego swiping the design of their MB's pony care set for their own use w/ lego set 41089.

Complied all of the prelims here. Ctrl + F Friends

-Sci

It felt really naughty looking at those pictures :sweet: Thanks for the cheap thrills!

Hot air balloon! It's been a long long time since the last one!

That set with the mini pool and turtle is hilarious. XD Why the heck is the turtle sliding into the pool with Olivia (or whoever it is)?

Those scissors are great, but I can live without them if it'd mean buying a full hair salon set. Very interesting to see WyldStyle's hair getting a recolour, though.

If only we got to see the Pizzeria... that would've been nice. I wonder if Name comes in that one too. They seem to be in a lot of sets this year.

Edited by BFN

Those scissors are great, but I can live without them if it'd mean buying a full hair salon set.

The scissors appear in the smallest set of Elves.

Very interesting to see WyldStyle's hair getting a recolour, though.

I agree, that hairpiece's got style *bu-dum-dish* :grin: The box in the corner of that set cracks me up though: meet Emma and her new best friend, Name! :iamded_lol:

I liked the balloon even though I am not sure it is that big, good catch on no 41096, I searched around and found nothing on that set #, hard to tell sizes and piece count, but don't take that as a complaint, nice to see pics of anything at this point.

It's nice to see Friends finally bring more existed minifigure hairpieces for minidolls to make them appealing. Wyldstyle's hairpice is very useful for younger girls. However I'm not sure to see Kai's hairpiece in the exactly same color for another boy. It should be a new color just like the blonde Wyldstyle. Oh, and can someone identify the red hairpiece from the Hair Salon?

Speaking of younger girls, Emma (in Stephanie's hairstyle???) 's family is very dissapointing. It's just another nuclear family instead of giving us some siblings or elders variations. Her house is also equally boring since it's just Olivia's copycat (oh, or maybe Emma helped Olivia at first so Olivia's house was made to be like Emma's).

The lighthouse and the ballon are deinitely the stars of the wave. Mia's car is good. The clinic is.... uh...... hey! Unlicensed medical service is illegal!!!!!

meet Emma and her new best friend, Name! :iamded_lol:

I think TLG is very decisive on their naming systme. They just made a mistake this year by giving Mathew another name in the Jungle set. Edited by Dorayaki

Speaking of hairpiece, the short hairpiece in the hot air balloon set is new?

However I'm not sure to see Kai's hairpiece in the exactly same color for another boy. It should be a new color just like the blonde Wyldstyle.

Ooops i didn't get that it was that one you were talking about. Thanks for pointing it out, sorry for the stupid question.

In any case, i'm excited by that haircut, I wanna use it for my own minifig :p

Edited by EvilBlackSheep

The scissors appear in the smallest set of Elves.

I know, but it's not very enticing either... I'm personally hoping it'll turn up in a future Minifigures series, to be honest. :laugh:

Balloon seems interesting. I already have an Andrea but not Name. Will there be a contest to name Name? :laugh:

I like the color scheme on the lighthouse.

looks like the pics are down now, link not working, went back to check something, oh well, got to see something at least

looks like the pics are down now, link not working, went back to check something, oh well, got to see something at least

That's odd. I'll have to upload the pictures somewhere else.

-Sci

It's too bad that Stephanie's Pizzaria only 9,99€ costs. So I think it looks like Mia's lemonade stand. I hoped it would be like the smoothie bar.

And when the animal care clinik also only 9,99€ is, I don't think it's a remake of the vet.

Ditto. I had high hopes about the pizzeria. Would have been a great modular mod.

But the hairsalon seems okay and the animal care clinic will probably work as a modular mod too, when you get two and combine. It's 16 studs wide.

The colour of Emma's house doesn't please my eye but I'm sure the target group will like it. Will have to consider it when I know more about the interior.

I just saw the picture of what appears to be a car -- and it has a gas pump in the background!

My LDD modularized version of 41085 Animal Care Clinic. Both as a minimalist one-floor-version and as a three-storey building. This is going to be a really inexpensive modularization, although I still need some additional details to make it fit in.

HL_pet_clinic_MOD.png

Finnbricker - nice LLD. I've been working on a modular Bakery-JuiceBar-Salon (Salon obviously when it's release) 3-story brick built modular. As a traditional modular city guy, I do find these Friends sets to present some great low-cost, interesting MOD potentials, which can compliment a city layout very well.

Surprisingly, my searches of these forums reveal very, very few Friends MOD's. I'm hoping to have my Bakery-JuiceBar posted within the next week or two as I finish cleaning up some of the exterior aesthetics - thanks for sharing yours!