I went to the Merc heavy equipment website and the Arocs Wiki page and while I think the tipper is fine, I don't think it's gonna be impressive unless it actually is and if I can remove the tipper and put a real concrete mixer module on it (that actually mixes "concrete"), quite like the 42001 with one chassis (in this case, one cab) and two different functional trailer bodies that you can construct in place of a separate B-model.

I went to the Merc heavy equipment website and the Arocs Wiki page and while I think the tipper is fine, I don't think it's gonna be impressive unless it actually is and if I can remove the tipper and put a real concrete mixer module on it (that actually mixes "concrete"), quite like the 42001 with one chassis (in this case, one cab) and two different functional trailer bodies that you can construct in place of a separate B-model.

It has a pneumatic crane too,not just a tipper! Do u really want to mix concrete in ur Lego.

Do u really want to mix concrete in ur Lego.

Nonononono, not mix real cement. I meant 1x1 smooth round tiles as cement, though yeah, there's that thought.

Still waiting for Tumbler tyres to appear in a Technic set...

I've been wondering about that too. 42037 would look way better if it had the new Tumbler tires. I'm wondering if they are more expensive to produce. I decided to weigh the Tumbler tires, and the more common 81.6x38 tires, and the Tumbler tires are only six grams heavier. Maybe the mold is much more complex?

I read on techlug that there are dual wheels on last two axles.Can somebody proved it?

Edited by Ondra

would that be the first model with dual wheels??? I know that is like the first thing moc-ers do to a model if it does not have dual wheels. So that would be awesome if it did, but I cant prove it.

would that be the first model with dual wheels??? I know that is like the first thing moc-ers do to a model if it does not have dual wheels. So that would be awesome if it did, but I cant prove it.

It seems to me crazy, but who knows.Mobile crane have 10 wheels, this with dual wheels will get 12 wheels...

But with the mobile crane, 10 wheels seemed reasonable. I mean cranes like that do have 10 or more wheels, usually... But when it comes to a truck of some sort, they do not all have dual wheels. If this new tipper truck comes out with dual wheels, that would be nice. especially if they are new wheels, who knows. :wink:

Actually, 8285 had dual wheels in the rear. I'd like it if this truck had it as well, but it's not really an essential feature. O, I pray to the mighty Blakbird that we may see pictures soon. :angel_sing:

Edited by Saberwing40k

the little crane truck has dual rears as well doesn't it? 8436?

the model team units often had dual rears as well, like the 5580.

The issue, on the 8285 especially, is the axles bending!

Edited by bonox

It being the first licenced set with these wheels means we will have to get double so it looks more like the real truck. With licenced sets they have to be fairly accurate.

+1 to what davidmull says

Also if it really is €200, with no RC and only one motor, it can't be skimping on the details :classic:

Longer pneumatic cylinders alone aren't worth that kind of retail price (except to a select few here). :wink:

If the rumors of dual rear wheels and working suspension are true, I'm curious to see how LEGO builds the rear suspension. Not much room to work with if the truck is 17 wide with dual rear wheels.

Good Arcos project for someone in the future.

imagejpg1.jpg

That's a very unusual looking crane never seen anything like it.

If the rumors of dual rear wheels and working suspension are true, I'm curious to see how LEGO builds the rear suspension. Not much room to work with if the truck is 17 wide with dual rear wheels.

It probably will be live axle, perhaps with some parts used as leaf springs to save space. If both rear axles are driven, the setup could be similar to what I did in my 6x6 truck. Better yet; they could create something along the lines of pipasseyoyo's recent 8x8 dump truck.. The suspension on that one seems so infinitely awesome and brilliant!

Dual driven rear axles with suspension steals a whole lot of space as I have recently experienced, which could maybe indicate a pneumatically lifted bed, as it is easier to get a lot of mechanical advantage in a small space using pneumatids as opposed to LAs ?

And for first two axles I think they use 42021 snow mobile short suspension parts, probably 8x8 will be hard to make so if there will be only 8x4 It will be great.

I simply LOVE the news about pneumatics! Finally!

Now, for the pictures ;)

And saving for this beauty...