Hi guys,

I'm new here and I would like to present you the Mini Power Puller!

1.jpg

I created this MOC wishing to compete in recently finished MINI contest here at Eurobricks (great contest btw.!), but unfortunately couldn't (and eventually wouldn't) make it under 200 parts.

The idea was to build a little brother to the legendary Power Puller set (8457) with working mini fake 8 cylinder engine and steering. And since PPs are quite some beasts, I had to do it with at least two V8's :) By succeeding at it, the 200 part limit was way way exceeded, but due to lack of time and because I was quite satisfied with the outcome, I had to abandon the contest participation.

Any way... the tractor is here for you to judge. I have to give credit for the mini engine idea to this video, I have searched the web a bit and couldn't find the mini V type of fake engines. A bit later, one of the MINI contest contestants created a bit different type of fake mini V engine.

Power puller also needs power puller wheels so I had to widden those a bit by adding the 36 tooth gear to the inner side of the wheels.

4.JPG

The mini fake engines are driven with some gearing up and two, unfortunately green, LEGO rubber bands.There are some illegal attachments around the engines and therefore the torque in the drivetrain is quite high. You have to push the tractor all the way because it instantly stops.

5.JPG

8.JPG

From the bottom...

7.JPG

And now some power pulling... (kinda)

2.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

9.jpg

The tranctor has working steering wheel and (mostly by coincidence) pendular front axle.

Of course, there is power pulling trailer missing, I have it planned to be fully functional with heavy load moving toward the tractor during pulling and simultaneously providing drive to the tractor, which I'll have to redesign, at least the rear axle. But I don't know when it'll happen, cause I just can't make enough time to build... :cry_sad:

I hope you like it,

best regards,

miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Hi Miha,

Welcome to EB!! Nice to have you on board.

What a great Mini MOC! Lots of great details. Too bad you couldn't enter the contest with it.

Oh my! This is awesome!

A perfectly shrunken version of the 8457 original right down to the minifigure Technic Guy.

What a way to introduce yourself to Eurobricks. You certainly know how to make an entrance!

I'm also new here but welcome to the Eurobricks! :classic:

Great mini Power Puller! :thumbup:

I especially like that small fake engine. 2x V8 = 2x very cool! :wink:

Welcome. This is a great MOC for a first post!

Very true to the original, but actually looking better than the set. The crank shaft is a very good solution.

Job well done. I love it :thumbup:

Coooool as ice :wink:

I sometimes watch crazy tractor pulling videos after a long day at work when I'm braindead, talk about intelectual entertainment :laugh:

Thanks everyone for a nice welcome and great feedback. I'm glad you liked it. I'm not sure what took me so long to join you :blush:

Welcome. This is a great MOC for a first post!

Very true to the original, but actually looking better than the set. The crank shaft is a very good solution.

Job well done. I love it :thumbup:

Yes, the crankshaft really works fine, I wish I thought of it first :wink:. It does make each "cylinder" jump twice as it passes it, because the rotating modified tile provides two peeks per turn. The problem with my MOC was the rigid hose used as the crankshaft axle, which bends slightly due to the driving rubber band and because it is only braced where it enters the engine. I reduced the bending slightly by supporting the rigid hose on the loose end in the direction in which the rubber band is pulling. Still, there is quite some torque and still, the rigid hose swings up and down a bit while turning.

Hello mate...

Nice model, any way you could make an LDD version?

Hey there Jerry, I can't promise you anything. When I'll be finished with the trailer, I was thiniking maybe of a detailed photo sequnce instead of LDD. I still didn't get used to using it that much that I would consider me fast enough - If I manage to make the photo sequnce eventually and you'll be up for it, I am gladly letting you create the LDD file, I'm sure it will be like a walk in the park for you, when it would take me hours... :innocent2:

Hi MajklSpajkl, and welcome to the Eurobricks community.

Your mini version of the Power Puller is awesome!

Superb!

had you got this down to 200 parts (perhaps with one V8 engine only) this would have been a clear winner

[now having seen that the votes tend to be nostalgic and ignore the competition subject.]

Great mini Power Puller.

By coincidence, I was actually looking at my 8457 set yesterday, contemplating building it again for display. I may well do that now, after seeing your great mini version :classic: