Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Determine the Haven Guard Flag - VOTE NOW!

I'm still surprised that so many people are voting for flags with the Imperial Guard's cannons rather than a unique design.

Yes, it's somewhat of a concern because of the similarity, but in the endeavour to be as democratic as possible, I was silly enough to allow the insignia in the poll! pirate_laugh2.gif

Everyone: you are permited to edit your post and change your votes! Plus you may submit upto THREE flags!

generate.png?flag=5-1 vs LEGO Imperial Guard - Bricklink.jpg

We have already agreed the emblem on the Merchants flag should be the same as the emblem on the sail of the small vessel included with the Imperial Trading Post

emblem5.pngYou may select this emblem for the Haven Guard flag or select an emblem you think will compliment it.

My personal favorite:

generate.png?flag=5-3

Second favorite(it's a bit of a tie with my first, but the white on this is a little more distracting than most people would probably enjoy):

generate.png?flag=6-3

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I think the idea was that the anchors emblem (from the Imperial Trading Post set) would be the merchant flag emblem, and the guards flag would use either a related background with different emblem, or possibly the same (anchors) emblem with a different background.

generate.png?flag=3-2

why this design:

canons because its a landbased force. they might have ships, but I see those more as small ships protecting the coast, no big ships of the line and such.

these canons are the most simple design, and in my opinion the simpler the better.

As orange is there colour, I picked the one with the most orange in it. and I don't like, bands or crosses behind a print.

Bart

I agree although I'd go for the vertical stripes to further distinguish it form the Imperial Guards flag, I.e.

generate.png?flag=5-4

So far the below flag has the most votes but the insignia is too similar to the Imperial Guard's flag for my liking.

generate.png?flag=5-1 vs LEGO Imperial Guard - Bricklink.jpg

I have to agree that there must be a substantial difference from the crossing cannons.

I'll go with this version

generate.png?flag=7-4

That is exactly what I chose , however Mister Phes brought up a good point .... ref previous topic box.

Is it determind what flag is used?

I would think one of these would be the best suited:

generate.png?flag=7-5

generate.png?flag=7-3

Edited by Mencot

Is it determind what flag is used?

Good question. I think we all got distracted when the new line of Pirate sets started leaking and kinda let this project slip a little. :)

Good question. I think we all got distracted when the new line of Pirate sets started leaking and kinda let this project slip a little. :)

Yea I have followed this intresting project with one eye and have noticed that the discussion and planning has died out a bit.

And I guessed it was becuase of the Pirate 2015 theme pirate_laugh_new.gif

Yes, news of the 2015 LEGO Pirates Theme took focus over this project, however... I have some unfortunate news!

Dont leave us in suspense Mister Phes, waiting for bad news is worse than hearing it! Has the project been cancelled?

TLG is jealous that this project is a billion times better than the official sets?