Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

idk, I got the impression that this was rather sizeable at and that little windshield from the mystery machine is no bigger than the original Shuttle windshield. I'm expecting at least an 8wide, probably a 10 wide. (the UCS Shuttle used a 12wide) EDIT: after looking closer the Mystery Machine wind shield is an 8 at bottom and 6 at top, I still think its to small for the Lambda but the proportions are favorable...

Considering 10wide is only 2 studs smaller than the UCS 12 stud wide one, it wouldn't make the size difference small enough to be a £100 set or less. 8 stud wide could more potentially be correct for the size/price...

Well, that's not a bad polybag per se... If it's widely available in stores, I might buy a few. If, on the other hand, it's a promo, it's pretty terrible. A figure identical to one you can get for $3 in stores, with a scrap of cloth added? :hmpf_bad:

In case you hadn't noticed, Rebels is a current Star Wars property. Kids who play with toys such as LEGO were still decades away from being born when the OT ended. The fact that we get anything OT at all is amazing in itself. This is a trend that will get worse, not better, over time.

Again Rebels... :angry:

...and how is it again? Did we get a Rebels Stormtrooper as a polybag somewhere that I missed?

Edited by rollermonkey

I know this has been talked about but I cannot seem to find it. Will there be Episode VII sets shown in NY for a select group?

I know this has been talked about but I cannot seem to find it. Will there be Episode VII sets shown in NY for a select group?

Yes. Has already happened.

I hope the rumored flashback scenes in Episode VII with Vader will have lots of OT Stormtroopers in it so perhaps Lego can produce more of them in a set. Since they will not be appearing in the Final Duel set, the only way to get them in the foreseeable future would be to purchase Slave I or an ISD or pay a lot of money on Bricklink because they will no doubt be scarce.

Having Royal Guards in the Final Duel makes sense, yet at the same time, it makes the DS battle pack more puzzling. Who needs more than just a couple of them? The only scene where I see more than two of them is the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star in ROTJ. If you want to recreate that scene, by summer you will have almost everything you need. You will have Vader, Emperor, Guards, and Tydirium (which can double as a regular shuttle). Now you just have to find a way to get a bunch of OT stormies.

In case you hadn't noticed, Rebels is a current Star Wars property. Kids who play with toys such as LEGO were still decades away from being born when the OT ended. The fact that we get anything OT at all is amazing in itself. This is a trend that will get worse, not better, over time.

Completely agree!

http://m.vk.com/lsw_group

Prelims for most of the sets on this page!

...thank you sir!

The Shuttle Tydirium looks fan-tas-tic. It's not the sharpest picture, but I love it as far as I can see.

The final duel......hmmmm......still not too enthusiastic yet.

Thanks for this Wonkyeye1! Glad to finally see some images of the sets, the shuttle looks really good, but I'm not sold on the wings (could just be me).

The Final Duel set seems quite nice, but as people have said previously, the lack of OT stormtroopers is disappointing, but understandable.

Will not be buying either of the Episode 1 sets, not that they're bad, just a personal hatred of the movie.

The Final Duel set looks amazing!!! It's always fantastic when Lego releases an environment/location set in the Star Wars theme.

One thing I've just realised about the Final Duel set from that pic is the lack of surrounding areas which were pivotal in the film e.g. the ledge Luke jumped up to when refusing to fight. They even managed to get that into the Death Star...

...and how is it again? Did we get a Rebels Stormtrooper as a polybag somewhere that I missed?

Could not agree more,

As for the figure itself, it comes with a shoulder cape which I'm sure will prove useful to some people.

EDIT: Prelims look great, particularly the Final Duel

Edited by Tariq j

Thanks for this. The sets dont look all that inspiring.

The shuttle looks ok, dimensions a tad off and a strange plate at the side of the cockpit, but overall recognisable. Looks to be a usd 90 set at least.

The speeder looks tad better and i think the main draw is the 2 naboo guards.

The final duel set is not mostly what i expected. Might be the scale isnt what i was expecting. Feels more palpatine arrest than cantina in terms of look and scalability. You cant get 2 or more to make it better. Still nice but not great great.

Naboo fighter easily the worst of the lot. Hope that isnt the final.

Edited by Pointblank

One thing I've just realised about the Final Duel set from that pic is the lack of surrounding areas which were pivotal in the film e.g. the ledge Luke jumped up to when refusing to fight. They even managed to get that into the Death Star...

its kinda there. they try to mimick the ledge on the left side of the set.

Thanks Wonkyeye1, the Imperial Shuttle & Final Duel are both on my shopping list for this year :classic:

Imperial shuttle looks great, as does final duel. I'm thinking those plates sticking out in front of the doors might do something, kinda like in Palpatine arrest.

Flash speeder also looks good, but I think we really need a Theed battle padme for this set. Oh well. Naboo Starfighter is pretty much the same as the last two. Nothing really interesting there. Looking forward to better pics.