Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Has anyone had the idea of using the cockpit from Poe's X-Wing on a normal X-Wing? (I know people have but its just my way of asking for pics :tongue:) I'd love to see how it fits, as I want to try to incorporate it into my heavily modded 9493. My concern is the angles may be a tad too steep. Of course, I could use it at a slight angle itself. Any pics would be much appreciated.

Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle becomes more and more mysterious. Aside from the wing-issue, I have seen images of different coloured models. There are white ones, the grey LEGO version, and a pitch black model here:

https://thecantina.s...775-jpeg.13511/

Will it change colour? Has the concept art of Kylo's craft changed over the last year? I certainly hope LEGO is close to the movie version.

This is interesting and I have also noticed there was a black one while I was leafing through the Micro Machines, and the white one is on the poster in the same display in the store. Why did TLG make it grey? Will we ever see some in black or white?

Has anyone had the idea of using the cockpit from Poe's X-Wing on a normal X-Wing? (I know people have but its just my way of asking for pics :tongue:) I'd love to see how it fits, as I want to try to incorporate it into my heavily modded 9493. My concern is the angles may be a tad too steep. Of course, I could use it at a slight angle itself. Any pics would be much appreciated.

I was wondering the same :wink:

Anyone have a reason as to why Rey's got a little hoverboard thing in her Speeder set? Is that a thing in the movie? :look:

I just thought of something. Maybe LEGO was gonna give Kylo Ren a face, that's why they made the mold for the mask. They obviously didn't do this so they're saving him for later when he does have a face.

I know that his face was revealed already.

Better look at Kylo shuttle according to this site. Looks darker than Lego one more dark dark grey almost black but Lego did a pretty good job. Oddly the wings look a bit slanted maybe? The front of the main ship looks similar to Lego. Very aggressive and fierce ship, looks bird of prey like.

http://www.fathead.com/star-wars/star-wars-movies/kylo-rens-command-shuttle--wall-decal/?src=browse

Should be easy to mod the Lego shuttle to be more black and darker if one prefers.

Better look at Kylo shuttle according to this site. Looks darker than Lego one more dark dark grey almost black but Lego did a pretty good job. Oddly the wings look a bit slanted maybe? The front of the main ship looks similar to Lego. Very aggressive and fierce ship, looks bird of prey like.

http://www.fathead.com/star-wars/star-wars-movies/kylo-rens-command-shuttle--wall-decal/?src=browse

Should be easy to mod the Lego shuttle to be more black and darker if one prefers.

Hmm, the wings do look slanted although it looks that's due to the angle of the poster. Not entirely sure though.

Hmm, the wings do look slanted although it looks that's due to the angle of the poster. Not entirely sure though.

That is from the angle of the photography I believe. I cannot see any mechanism on those wings that would allow them to fold outwards.

Had a close up look at the Poe and X-wing pilot minifigures, partcularly their helmets. If my Aurebesh is correct (which I think it is), the nameless pilot has "MOTHER" written on his helmet, whereas Poe's helmet has "ROCHAL" written on the side. A quick google reveals Rochal is a Polish village - anyone know any more about this?

It means Poe is a human from Earth, more specifially Poland, that magically gets transported to the Starwars Galaxy, and he become a kickbutt pilot.

Or maybe not.

Here's my own modded 9493 in LDD, made to accommodate the new windscreen

20576462443_e154bd8185.jpgX-Wing Red-2, new canopy

Had a close up look at the Poe and X-wing pilot minifigures, partcularly their helmets. If my Aurebesh is correct (which I think it is), the nameless pilot has "MOTHER" written on his helmet, whereas Poe's helmet has "ROCHAL" written on the side. A quick google reveals Rochal is a Polish village - anyone know any more about this?

Checked my Aurebesh key. The character you translated as "c" is actually "ae", so it's Roaehal. Google search brings up nothing, unfortunately.

Edited by Gadzooks

It's a thing of beauty and solid design that's for sure. The only thing I wish they could have done better is use grey or even black rubber bands for the wing mechanism. The blue stands out like a sore thumb. And even though I do like the slick black/orange color scheme I suspect the colors will look a lot more muted in the film, particularly if you look at the Hasbro model of it. Not that Lego have those colors in their inventory.

The current style of rubber bands (which includes those ones) are color-locked based on size—Lego color codes the rubber bands so that they will not be mixed up with one another, considering how hard rubber bands can be to measure compared to non-flexible, non-elastic parts. The mechanism needed the blue size to work properly, so there weren't really any other options.

http://www.fathead.c...cal/?src=browse

Wow! That Fathead decal! That is by far the best image of the Command Shuttle to date, and I'm liking this ship more and more. Fierce indeed, definitely what a bad guy drives around. Awesome stuff.

Kylo's Shuttle looks so much more menacing in that gun metal black color with the red screen. I have a feeling this ship is going to look intimidating on screen.

Jang tried to modify the shuttle

Well, looks like he beat me to it.

His modification is good though; he's way too hard on himself in the video.

I'm still working tirelessly to come up with a more stable and permanent solution.

Unfortunately, the bulk of my massive collection is unsorted, so it's difficult to find/try out different pieces.

Jang tried to modify the shuttle

I did something very similar. Not sure what Jang was on himself about - I think it's a nice simple, obvious approach. It was as though the designer built in a means to modify the ship with very little effort. I just replaced these 2 (per wing): http://brickset.com/parts/4120017 with these: http://brickset.com/parts/4142135 You can then display the model in flight mode, or fold the wings inward and lock them in place with an axle into the upper lift arms. Granted it's not perfect, but neither was the landing gear on 10212 that required manual removal for display in flight mode.

Shift around a few of the existing parts out of the way to allow the wings to cant outward further, and I think you have a decent mod without too much futzing around. Once I get the whole thing together I may or may not bother doing anything more elaborate than this...or save it for a UCS version :sweet:

Edited by lowlead

Seeing Jang's mod i still cant get over the feeling that this is a different ship then the one in the trailer, there is just so much wing left below the hinge point (even without the extra fold out wings), while the trailer ship doesnt have any.