Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for posting just2good.

Here are my thoughts.

75079 - Shadow Troopers - I was expecting to get updated Shadow Stormtroopers but now we have a new colored Stormtrooper to army build. The vehicle looks nice as well.

75078 - Imperial Troop Transport - Love the army building potential here. Will swap out the helmets with my older Stormtrooper helmets to have an updated army. The Transport itself reminds me of a larger Microfighter.

75089 - Geonosis Troopers - I was almost expecting this to be a TCW set but we get a rehash of the minifigs from one of last year's BPs with a new walker. Interesting BP considering we got Phase II Clones.

75088 - Senate Commando Troopers - I like that I can integrate these minifigs into my existing ranks of Senate Commandos. Like the firepower of the compact battery, it'll sit well next to the other one received from the 2012 BP.

75090 - Ezra's Speeder Bike - I'm still undecided on Rebels so will pass on this set unless one of my kids get into the show. I really like the printing on Sabine's hair as well as the guns she's packing.

75081 - T-16 Skyhopper - Love the minifigs, especially the new Tusken head.

75080 - AAT - Severely undersized and utterly disappointed with this Ep I AAT.

75082 - Tie Advanced Prototype - The minifigs may lead to me eventually getting this set.

75086 - Battle Droid Troop Carrier - An unexpected surprise. Now this set has all the Battle Droids that last year's MTT should have had. The Carrier is also longer than the ATT.

75083 - AT-DP - Really like the size of the walker. May eventually get this set for the minifigs. Is the black minifig carrying a gun that consists of 2 blasters connected by a black lightsaber hilt?

75084 - Wookiee Gunship. Interesting ship but will oat likely pass on this set.

It's a pass for me on all of the Microfighter sets.

In general, it looks like LEGO's pushing the new stud blasters, luckily I have a decent armory of the classic SW blasters. I believe only the AT-DP set has the classic blasters. Also expecting leg printing on all SW minifigs to be the standard in about 2 years.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

thank you for the post, just2good.

All the sets are above my spectations... Thank you, I will prepare my wallet for this great collection. I think I will pass only the Microfighters and droid carrier...

15 years collecting and after the 2014 winter, I though that I could pass for more sets... Now the rebels are going to bleed my wallet.

Are Sabines blasters a new mold?

At first glance it appears to just be a black version of part 61190f.. However upon closer inspection it does appear to be a new mold.

Thanks so much for providing the pics once again, Just2Good!

To be honest, I think most of the sets are terrible, yet somehow I'm really glad they do.

Of this line, I would only like to buy the TIE Advanced Prototype, though mainly because of the figs.

All the other sets... meh. And too bad the ITT comes with Rebel stormies but hey... I get to save quite a bit of money.

Regards,

Mitch

After posting my thoughts not long ago I do have to admit this wave isn't a fully strong one.

The Rebels sets for me are the ones I really want, as my aim is to collect all of them. Most of them are the highlight sets for me!

The Battle packs are pretty good like most years however still disappointed in the Geonosis troopers.

The other sets are ones that I don't have at all or in that variant e.g Aat, troop transport and Hailfire droid. Also helps my army out.

The others, including the microfighters, don't interest me. MF are too expensive.

I can totally see why people are disappointed in this wave, especially if Rebels isn't exactly your thing. I'm only quite happy as the sets are ones i don't really have and the Rebel ones are good in my opinion because I quite like the look of the show!

Thanks for posting.

Love the new figs.

In the Senate Commando Troopers pack love to get more of these.

its great to get the Airborne trooper helmet again in the Geonosian pack.

All get all the Rebel sets and a few AT-DPs as well as BPs. The PT set not a fan of them the AAT would be better with out the spring missiles a alot of sets but as long as kids like them. Though thoughts might change after a review or two.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

As I expected the TIE pilot with the TIE Advanced appears to be a droopy mouth alternate.

Not sure who the Snowspeeder pilot is with the grey helmet?

Not sure who the Snowspeeder pilot is with the grey helmet?

It's this guy

xymiPUk.jpg

I think they screwed up making the helmet grey. OK, the helmets are all dirty, but now it doesn't match any of the others which are all white.

Thanks for posting. I can definitely pass on a good chunk of these. But there are a few winners, but mostly just figures. I tend to not get too many actual sets for the sets when it comes to SW. Summer is usually the saving grace of this theme. But the winter sets are cool. I like what I'm seeing with Rebels, even if it is child aimed and not the OT/PT. I'll pick up that Sabine for sure.

In the At-Dp or whatever, what character is the one in black supposed to be? I don't know much about SW history. The torso looks cool. I'm unsure on the helmet.

The tusken looks good, but I don't want to spend money on that set just for him.

I agree about the snowspeeder helmet. I'd like it white to match the others. Gray makes sense for the above picture, but now it won't blend in. I was collecting all of the helmets, but I can probably pass on this one.

No helmet for Sabine? Skip.......

Only buying the Battle Packs, T16, and AT-DP. Maybe the Hailfire, but I need pics.

Overall, kind of a disappointing wave. I actually like the Microfighters more than I do the TIE prototype.

I would not skip on this set man, yeah sure we don't get the helmet this time round but i doubt, at least any time soon that we'll get that hairpiece again... Edited by jrad26

Thank you so much for posting this!

I am glad to see new helmet design on Rebel Pilot from Microfighter Snowspeeder, we can use this helmet for a Y-Wing Pilot Tiree :wink:

Tiree1.jpg

And if you have an extra snowspeeder, this is the pilot that inspired this microfighter set, another extra rebel pilot with blue insignia and you have another rogue for the Battle of Hoth :laugh:

Snowspeeder.jpg

Also, the Skyhopper pilot's helmet has the correct marking for the helmet used by Luke during his training on the Falcon and another Rebel Pilot during hoth Evacuation.

My only complain is those helmets are gray instead of white :sadnew: Hope for white color :drool:

75083 - AT-DP - Really like the size of the walker. May eventually get this set for the minifigs. Is the black minifig carrying a gun that consists of 2 blasters connected by a black lightsaber hilt?

Lego's rendition of a bo-rifle, which the character took from a defeated foe using that weapon. Also the kind of weapon Zeb uses.

In the At-Dp or whatever, what character is the one in black supposed to be? I don't know much about SW history. The torso looks cool. I'm unsure on the helmet.

Agent Kallus, ISB officer, and his uniform should not be black. The helmet is extremely good, though.

I would not skip on this set man, yeah sure we don't get the helmet this time round but i doubt, at least any time soon that we'll get that hairpiece again...

I would present Sabine with hair rather than with helmet anyway. Due to the unified Lego-bodies ignoring her female build, Sabine with helmet would just look like a Mando with a queer taste.

And her hair is very nice.

AAT - What happened to those new bent droid arms from the prelims?!

The new troopers aren't too bad either but why didn't they just use the helmet Ezra had in the Phantom? They look to be the same design so I don't know why they went this route.

I'm annoyed that the horizontal-grip bent arms are missing from the AAT, too, and not present in the troop carrier either (also annoyed that the Gungan soldier is in the larger set, while Jar Jar is in the smaller one)

As for the AT-DP drivers/bike pilots, their helmets are NOT the same as Ezra's in the show. They have close-fitting stormie-faced masks that look kinda similar to the minifigure head of the current V-wing pilot, with a shorter version of the AT-ST/Veers bucket helmet on top; Ezra's is a McQuarrie Snowtrooper helmet with the mask integrated with a non-Veers bucket.

My own thoughts on the sets... I hope this means the Senate Commandos pack is happening after all, as I definitely want a set or two to go with the captain & commando from my Cad Bane Speeder set. I'll probably get a couple ITTs to fill out the ranks, and perhaps a couple Shadow Troopers so the Inquisitor can have some troops while the gray stormies can be an elite squad.

The AT-DP looks good, great figures (I'm done complaining about the Rebel Stormie design; I'll get OT helmets if it bothers me too much) tho I still hate Callus & Zeb's weapon design... The TIE Advanced looks great! The dark tan officer is a bit odd, but that color is basically in the show along with grays, so it works. The markings are also present on officers in the show, and I'm curious what they mean... Since dark tan is leaning towards brown, these officers could become Dark Forces Imp officers (there's at least one Hasbro collector I know of who was obsessed with Hasbro making brown-tunic officers from that game)... We just need a Lego Kyle Katarn :laugh:

I'll probably still get Ezra's Speeder Bike, but it's pretty disappointing accessory-wise. It really should have one of the AT-DP drivers in it, Sabine should have her helmet, and Ezra should have a better hilt than grey binoculars.

The Geonosis BP does nothing for me... not crazy about the AAT or troop carrier even if the Gungans were swaddled and the droids had bent blaster arms... the T-16 looks nice, and pilot is kinda neat but a big missed opportunity for Anchorhead Biggs. The Tusken looks neat, but a like someone put a Hasbro Tusken head on a Lego body, and the gaffi stick is cumbersome. The womp rat is truly disappointing.

The Microfighters are cute, but not as exciting as series 1. I'll get the AT-AT, maybe a couple snowspeeders, and a Vulture Droid... the gunship doesn't interest me much butthe parts might be useful and I can a place for a Phase I clone pilot.

I expect the Wookiee gunship will turn up again after its brief appearance in the pilot, and looks like a nice set.

Can't wait to see the rest of the wave! And here's hoping Rebels will feature some DSTs so we can maybe get an actual BP of them in the summer, even if simply called "Imperial Navy Troopers" (with one officer, like the Senate Commando captain, in a grey uniform, perhaps with Callus' helmet instead, as a Death Squad Commander stand-in)

No idea what's up withgeonosis troopers...

Love the other 3 bps though.

Droid carrier and AT-DP are nice too.

Sabine looks strange in MF form, and Ezra's lightsaber... Wow.

Can't wait for the azure angel's reveal, and the arc-170 micro fighter.

Thanks for the pics!

Unlike the Pirates sets which turned out better than the prelimaries these actually look worse now the full sets are revealled. There's a decent figure here and there but overall I'm underwhelmed. I thought I might be spending a bit on this wave but it looks like it will be a cheap one for me.

I haven't seen Rebels yet though so if I really like that I might end up getting more but it seems weird TLG would give us Sabine and not her helmet (kind of essential for a Mandolorian, one would think). It's sad to say but the highlight is this wave might just be the ultra-cute microfighter AT-AT!

This wave is real underwhelming.. No big fan of Rebels, or episode 1 sets. Rebels Stormies arent interesting either. Funny how the two missing sets is the one Im interested in, Anakins custom starfighter and the hailfire droid. Supposedly theyre retailer exclusives so there wont be pictures any soon.

Its a good thing tough - Ive yet to finish the tremendous Summer wave and still need to get a snowspeeder, the cantina and another at-at!

I'm loving this wave. The top three are definitely the AT-DP, the TIE Advanced Prototype, and the Imperial Troop Transport. Thank the gods LEGO is releasing prequel and Clone Wars sets, otherwise I'd be totally broke! :grin:

I would present Sabine with hair rather than with helmet anyway. Due to the unified Lego-bodies ignoring her female build, Sabine with helmet would just look like a Mando with a queer taste.

Queer?!?! You're supposed to act like an adult on here. Maybe you could have just said you liked the hair instead of saying the part with that hurtful slur.

Thanks just2good love the pics, changes my opinion anout a few sets. Really like the mould on the tusken may have tp get a few of those.

Queer?!?! You're supposed to act like an adult on here. Maybe you could have just said you liked the hair instead of saying the part with that hurtful slur.

Apologies; I did not intend to be hurtful, nor make references to the LGBT community. Would quaint be a better word? I think you could relax a bit when you are talking to someone whose mother tongue is obviously not English.

I am going to save some money on this wave. The Tusken on T16 looks good. That and maybe the Shadowtrooper battle pack will do it for me, although I may get the TIE prototype in case I have to MOC my own classic TIE fighter if Lego releases no more in the OT version.

Apologies; I did not intend to be hurtful, nor make references to the LGBT community. Would quaint be a better word? I think you could relax a bit when you are talking to someone whose mother tongue is obviously not English.

I did not know English was not your first language. Quaint sounds alright to me I guess. It is hard for someone who hears words like that in a mean way a lot. Anyways, back on topic. Geonosis Troopers is starting to grow on me. I'm going to get a few ITT's and possibly more than one AT-DP if they're not too expensive. The Tusken Raider head looks very un-LEGO to me, I'd prefer a printed head with a tan or dark tan Zabrak headpiece with silver horns. When I re-watched Spark of Rebellion earlier today, I noticed that the Imperial Officers' uniform did look more tan than olive/grey to me. The Battle Droid Troop Carrier is sot of nostalgic to me since the 2011 version was one of my first LEGO Star Wars sets since I got back into LEGO, and since it's a good army builder I'll probably get it sometime next year.