Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

SO pumped for the town square set. I'm working on fleshing out my city this year, and I am in need of more buildings. I hope the Lego store has a lot of detail as I've been waiting for one ever since the delivery truck came out :thumbup:

Considering I love orange, it's pretty nice to get those modified plate pieces in said colour. I like use of all the trans-black pieces, it really gives it a classy look in my opinion. It also appears that the guy with the maroon hat has a new version of a previous head print, or it may be the same one. Referring to this one, http://www.brickset.com/parts/design-46506

Feels like a slightly modernized version of the 8404 blue tram to me - maybe the sides fold up to open on this one though? Looks like we're seeing other parts of the set/box art in the background too?

Well, there goes all of my lawn mowing money for the year.. (Town square, Heavy Haul Train, Minecraft, etc.)

Edited by legonerd54321

Someone posted a picture of the new tram in the 2015 Trains topic in the train forums.

I also noticed a black car behind it with a black 2x6 car roof...

Although the orange seems shocking at first glance, I love the design of the new tram! Town Square is the one set I'm looking forward this year.

I'm liking the orange and trans-black pieces on the tram. Wonder if it can be motorized.

Oh, now who doesn't want that blue prime mover........AWESOME........might have to scratch those up out of my parts collection ! :grin:

Not particularly enthused by the tram. The orange is great but the trans-black windscreens are going to sit in my box of large curved bits alongside all the white shell pieces from my Sydney Opera House.

Will reserve judgement until we get pictures of the entire set (and some idea on price too)

If you look carefully, we get so far that is visible a pizza delivery guy on scooter :grin: and an old school throw back design garage :hmpf_bad: (no service station :cry_sad: )......totally need more pictures, funny I wonder how that guy got them this early the show doesn't start to today.......hmm, must have been invited to a V-I-P night.

Picture of the new tram: (via 1000steine.de and twitter)

Hopefully better pictures will do it justice - so far a bit disappointed...

Both that and 'Typo's pictures look like leaks. I mean, they are not stamped or blurry, but an official picture will be much better exposed.

Edited by Bornin1980something

I remember 'The Kid' saying that the buildings in Town Square were only 8 stud deep......that must be only the Lego shop because that garage of sorts is deeper than that....I say full 16 stud deep !

Man, I can't wait for later in the day for more pictures.

That shuttle looks awful (might be a weird angle), but I'm a huge fan of the Training Jet Transporter. It's been a while since we've had a jet plane from City/Town.

Edited by Yeow

The town square: good, but IMHO, a little expensive. €90-€100 I probably buy it, but not for €180. The carpet comes with the set or it's only for exhibit?

Deep Sea: I like the sunken ship

Space: Good shuttles but only a little better than the 2011 ones

Friends: I need some more pics, but I can live without popstars sets (maybe if I find someone with a very hard discount). Waiting for pics of the hotel.

Edited by El Garfio

The big town set doesn't look that much bigger than the last one but it costs a lot more, it should have been 3 sets. Car showroom, Lego shop and tram. Lego shop would have sold well even with the lacklustre van. The green Futuron spaceman is just Lego way of saying yes we know some people will buy this set just for that figure but we are not going to make a good space theme anytime soon. Happy that I don't want the set so can save some money but sad that I will miss out on that fig. Space sets are nothing new and again the big set for £70 does not seem any bigger than the £50 set from 2012. Lego might just be playing with how successful they are, time for a dip in sales maybe.

^ The car showroom is nice, should be its own set. The Lego shop does not seem to be the same style which is odd as they are in the same set. Lego should really have made a bigger Lego shop and sold it as a Lego store exclusive.

These look awesome, definitely the best LEGO City Summer wave since... well, the best Summer wave EVER!