I’m sure this has been said, but I’d like to see them do Exo Force again. I’ve loved the mechs lately. I have the D.Va & Reinhardt & Lex Mech Takedown sets. I’ve never played Overwatch but the mechs really drew me in & after building, i love them even more. The Lex one is a massive improvement over the first one. And seeing Lloyd’s Titan Mech....oh man, that thing is beautiful. Not to mention the mechs from the Movie. 

They could really revamp & knock Exo Force out of the park if they were to bring it back. 

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m sure this has been said, but I’d like to see them do Exo Force again. I’ve loved the mechs lately. I have the D.Va & Reinhardt & Lex Mech Takedown sets. I’ve never played Overwatch but the mechs really drew me in & after building, i love them even more. The Lex one is a massive improvement over the first one. And seeing Lloyd’s Titan Mech....oh man, that thing is beautiful. Not to mention the mechs from the Movie. 

They could really revamp & knock Exo Force out of the park if they were to bring it back. 

Same here, even in spite of many's instance that all the Mech sets spread-out amongst numerous already-existing themes are enough, as another playtheme built around Mecha is just too good to not attempt again! In fact, why don't try making such a reboot/spiritual successor a Space theme at the same time (in some ways also acting as a reboot/spiritual successor to 1997's RoboForce subtheme), inspired after anime such as Gundam and Voltron? :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Same here, even in spite of many's instance that all the Mech sets spread-out amongst numerous already-existing themes are enough, as another playtheme built around Mecha is just too good to not attempt again! In fact, why don't try making such a reboot/spiritual successor a Space theme at the same time (in some ways also acting as a reboot/spiritual successor to 1997's RoboForce subtheme), inspired after anime such as Gundam and Voltron? :shrug_oh_well:

When I first saw Lloyd’s Titan Mech, Gundam was my first thought. I’d love to see a full theme fashioned after either scenario. A more classic Space approach could be fun too. 

My wish is for anything Space (new or rebooted) that's actually GOOD. Of course, doing the kind of Space sets I like and want more of is unlikely to happen because they would be the kind of sets that would be "too close to Star Wars" (regardless of what the license may say, LEGO isn't going to want to produce Space sets that are too much like the Star Wars stuff)

17 hours ago, Lego David said:

I think almost all original themes deserve to be rebooted at some point. 

Yes because none have

Power Miners, a Rock raiders reboot was done in city with similar qualities in 2017, 2018 and 2012’s mining  and volcano explorers

Alpha Team had Agents and Ultra Agents 

They all get rebooted, people seem to just overlook them 

An Ice Planet reboot would be great to see. At least we got a bunch of parts that are useful for Ice Planet creations via things like Nexo Knights. (all that lovely trans-fluro-orange)

31 minutes ago, jonwil said:

An Ice Planet reboot would be great to see.

I would be crazy happy if that happens in my lifetime. My favorite space theme of all times.

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

When I first saw Lloyd’s Titan Mech, Gundam was my first thought. I’d love to see a full theme fashioned after either scenario. A more classic Space approach could be fun too. 

Heh, how 'bout a Space theme built around spacecraft playsets that transform or rebuild either into Mecha or the individual limbs of such? :shrug_oh_well:

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

My wish is for anything Space (new or rebooted) that's actually GOOD. Of course, doing the kind of Space sets I like and want more of is unlikely to happen because they would be the kind of sets that would be "too close to Star Wars" (regardless of what the license may say, LEGO isn't going to want to produce Space sets that are too much like the Star Wars stuff)

Hence why we may woefully never see a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers-inspired Space Opera theme from Lego. Despite being worlds apart from each other in their stylistic approaches, their shared good-vs-evil saga story beats religates any chance for an in-house Raypunk Space theme to the bin of "too close to Star Wars" ideas for such. :sad:

While this isn't really a theme, I do recommend that they revive and update some of the buildings from classic town.

The ones that haven't been brought to City yet. 

Edited by pooda

On 9/16/2019 at 7:11 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hence why we may woefully never see a Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers-inspired Space Opera theme from Lego. Despite being worlds apart from each other in their stylistic approaches, their shared good-vs-evil saga story beats religates any chance for an in-house Raypunk Space theme to the bin of "too close to Star Wars" ideas for such. :sad:

For cases like this I would love for them to just release a set of figures, and let the fan community be inspired to build a theme around it.

I think this would really work. Instead of let's say doing a new ice planet theme, release one of those $40 minifigure sets with a ton of different Ice Planet figures and then inspire everyone's creativity.

Nothing more than Castle. And not in the stupid forms of that Nexo Knights or whatever. Something universal and not kiddie.

1 hour ago, BrickG said:

Nothing more than Castle. And not in the stupid forms of that Nexo Knights or whatever. Something universal and not kiddie.

Good luck with that. Castle has never been "not kiddie". The last couple of Kingdoms Castles were 7+.

13 hours ago, Gomek said:

For cases like this I would love for them to just release a set of figures, and let the fan community be inspired to build a theme around it.

Well, that's pretty much the exact purpose the Collectable Minifigure theme serves, to provide supplementary figures for genres and archetypical settings that Lego can't build an entire playtheme around at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, that's pretty much the exact purpose the Collectable Minifigure theme serves, to provide supplementary figures for genres and archetypical settings that Lego can't build an entire playtheme around at the moment. 

If that was the case, then they would not be putting City style figures in CMF.  I don't think the purpose of the CMF is so narrowly focused.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

If that was the case, then they would not be putting City style figures in CMF.  I don't think the purpose of the CMF is so narrowly focused.

Of course that isn't the theme's exclusive focus, though it is its most valued function by AFOLs, thereby acting as its unofficial purpose.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Good luck with that. Castle has never been "not kiddie". The last couple of Kingdoms Castles were 7+.

He means something that could appeal to both kids and adults.

7 hours ago, MAB said:

For the record, I couldn't agree more. while I understand they might want some balance, I think city figures in the CMF lines are a complete waste. That space that would be better used for a new figure from a retired theme. Especially someone like pizza deliver guy, or pastry chief should have totally been included in a city small set, and NOT prohibited me from getting a new Ice Planet, Pirate or historical figure.

11 hours ago, MAB said:

What makes the castle themes "Kiddie"? (besides of course being a toy and stating an age on the box) What would make them not Kiddie?

While I will refrain from my continued bashing on Nexo Knights, most of the true castle themes have been getting more detailed as they go. Lone exception might be the Knight Kingdom 2 which I felt like was a slight step backwards.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:00 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Space Mechs would be a smash hit. It would appeal to Space fans and everyone else because who doesn't love mechs?

It's also one of the few space sci-fi tropes that Star Wars hasn't touched. Unless you count AT-ATs or whatever but it's a huge stretch to calls those mechs. 

On 9/15/2019 at 4:58 PM, jonwil said:

An Ice Planet reboot would be great to see. At least we got a bunch of parts that are useful for Ice Planet creations via things like Nexo Knights. (all that lovely trans-fluro-orange)

Ice Planet is one of the most fondly remembered Space themes, and has one of the best color schemes. Also, just like Mechs, ice exploration is not really a thing in Star Wars. Sure there's Hoth but other than being cold there's no overlap. 

It's a perfect choice for a reboot.

10 hours ago, Gomek said:

Knight Kingdom 2 which I felt like was a slight step backwards.

Not really. Just because it was different from an average Castle line doesn't mean it was a step backwards. If anything, Knight's Kingdom 2 was a step forward instead of backward, integrating a elaborate story line, interesting characters, and a awesome parts selection.