Jim

[MINI] Technic Mini Build Contest - Information Topic

One week is enough to let all the contestants know that my vote is for sale.

Edited by jantjeuh

One week is enough to let all the contestants know that my vote is for sale.

Do Bricklink have a category for competition votes? :wink:

This has been a fascinating competition. It's amazing what you can do with upto 200 parts. I made so many crazy things and I love the entries. Good luck to all.

H

Edited by Horace T

There are so many great entries. I have no idea how I'll be able to pick my favorites. Is there any way we can get some more points to distribute? Maybe 20?

Nope! (edit: actually it's not a very bad idea for this contest)

What you do get is an extra day! I will leave the entry topic open tomorrow, since I am away from home the entire day. So closing time is Sunday when I wake up :wink:

Voting will be one week! That ought to be enough for every contest!

Allan, would it be possible to have an updated image by Sunday morning? I can use it to promote the voting stage :thumbup:

Hi Jim, I have a question.

On the general rules section of this contest, there is a rule: "Voting is only allowed for existing members (which means member date before start date of contest)". Does this apply to the contestants too? If the contestants who joined before that date could vote and the contestants who joined after could not, wouldn't that create a disadvantage for the latter?

Hi,

The rule is to prevent cheating. But I will make an exception for members who are seriously contributing to the forum and/or the contest. So I will most likely allow all contestants who joined after the contest start date to vote.

I can tell you now that you are on the voting whitelist :thumbup:

Thanks, I just want it to be a fair competition. I understand the logic behind the rule and I fully agree with it.

And now I am a little sad too. I don't know which of the awesome entries I will distribute my points to!

Since so many people are not sure which entries will get their vote, I wonder wether it would be a good idea to come up with a list of "requirements". For example: originality of model choice, creative part use, appeal of the color scheme, how close it comes to an official TLG set, presentation, etc. This short list could give voters a bit more support to compare entries. Just an idea...

Good idea! With this you get an objective view on the entries and the competition would be a bit more fair a guess?

It will definitely help the voters.

Possible dumb question, but is the voting open to all members, or the contestants only?

All members who were registered before start of competition AND all contenders, if I understood right.

Allan, would it be possible to have an updated image by Sunday morning? I can use it to promote the voting stage :thumbup:

Just made a new one. Should I hang on till the contest is officially closed before sending it to you?

I've decided on a totally fair voting method: I'm gonna roll dice. Only way to do this.

Edited by jantjeuh

I've decided on a totally fair voting method: I'm gonna roll a dice. Only way to do this.

You will need a dice with 57 sides :wink:

Crap on a stick! I completely forgot! Away for the weekend, missing out on the contest...:-(

Oh well, will post my final entry in My WIP topic:-P

Just made a new one. Should I hang on till the contest is officially closed before sending it to you?

Your latest version is fine! You can post it here, or send it to me.

Has it closed yet? As far as I can tell, it's still open.

I just closed it.

Damn, I am slightly too late to post my entry. It was glorious, and would've won first place for sure. You other contestants sure lucked out!

Apologies for the picture size once again :blush: . BTW I assume we are not allowed to vote for our own entry :devil:

contest3.jpg

Edited by allanp

Thanks Allan!!

No, you can't vote for your own entry :tongue: