Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

I would LOVE to have a new red Islanders mask. That used to be one of my favorite minifig pieces.

I loved that piece too, but I have so many... if the piece was ever remolded for the CMFs, I'd hope for it in a new color. Perhaps Reddish Brown, or Dark Red?

These will never me made into figures because they are not "heroes" figures.

I would love to get them though.

I want that baby dragons badly.

Ironically many CMF characters were pure villains, and making them playable in a heroic fantasy game would lead them to the way of anti-heroes :tongue: .

And actually it doesn't bother if we can have a special series based on the original game characters, suppose that all characters from special series won't be playable in this title. It looks like more villains in this game would be purely consisted of exited physical parts (much like the those mohawk troublemakers from LEGO City). Oh, and of course you may not crush those large monsters into small blindbags.

The alternative way could be that some playable villains can only be unlocked by beating them. But I'm not sure how it works.

Edited by Dorayaki

Traditionally, all characters in a LEGO game can be unlocked after the final chapter they appear in. But some may be filler enemies and this game is different, so we'll see.

Ironically many CMF characters were pure villains, and making them playable in a heroic fantasy game would lead them to the way of anti-heroes :tongue: .

In the video it sure looked like many of the CMFs were on the villain side.

I would have liked to see the wizard have a white bread, have a few greys ones already and then a few more

And actually it doesn't bother if we can have a special series based on the original game characters, suppose that all characters from special series won't be playable in this title. It looks like more villains in this game would be purely consisted of exited physical parts (much like the those mohawk troublemakers from LEGO City). Oh, and of course you may not crush those large monsters into small blindbags.

The alternative way could be that some playable villains can only be unlocked by beating them. But I'm not sure how it works.

I think what he is saying is those aren't "villain" characters. For our purposes heroes and villains are the same distinct type of thing. Rather those are the games monsters. Trash mobs that you have to wade through. Those are unlikely to be used in CMF packs, as there are rumors that the series will come with codes to unlock each fig in game. Since it's an online multiplayer game, they normally don't let you unlock or appear as a normal trash monster as it gets confusing for your fellow players.

I think what he is saying is those aren't "villain" characters. For our purposes heroes and villains are the same distinct type of thing. Rather those are the games monsters. Trash mobs that you have to wade through. Those are unlikely to be used in CMF packs, as there are rumors that the series will come with codes to unlock each fig in game. Since it's an online multiplayer game, they normally don't let you unlock or appear as a normal trash monster as it gets confusing for your fellow players.

I think there could be several issues. This game is a crossover fantasy so each world would have different kinds of monsters and villains. The Maelstrom stromlings from LEGO Universe had a rather unified color palette. Even if they may have different appearances, you may easily differ them from normal human. Actually newcomers who aren't familiar with LEGO products and CMF series yet might be confused when seeing a CMF monster fighting a nonplayable monster.

Also, if the purpose is to market the "heroes" minifigures, making the nonplayable villains or NPCs too apealing might result in a misdirection. Therefore I guess the designs can't be too generic, but also not too unique to be a real CMF?

Edited by Dorayaki

This seems to be our S12 Jester we were hoping for (icon from the game)!

Icon_jester.png

Edited by 8BrickMario

Icon_jester.png

Oh, so the image I posted a few pages back was right. The other jesters would've been cool, too.

-Sci

not a big fan was hoping for a new mould or something, seems a wasted spot to me

I think we're already getting enough new moulds from what the list suggests, and getting a dark jester is a nice change. I do hope he turns out to have an accessory, though, If not, I'll buy two and make a jester-headed cane for him using a skeleton head and his hat on top of a bar w/ gold lightsaber hilt configuration. (like the one in the LEGO The Hobbit game)

Edited by 8BrickMario

a jester hat with 3 bits (not sure what they are called) would have been cool and could have been used again

Split purple and black, alternating as it goes down the minifigure. One of his eyes is outlined in purple, like a black eye.

Can't see the image, mate.

The image CM4S posted is that one (n the right I assume)

CMFJester.png

The picture 8BrickMario presented is not there.

The image CM4S posted is that one (n the right I assume)

I think he was asked to remove it...

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

That's an odd configuration of colors since it doesn't line up with any royal family to date. You'd think the jester would have House colors of the noble family he is entertaining? I don't know much about true medieval history, but that'd be my assumption. The figure looks cool enough, just an odd color choice.

My picture's still there. I wasn't asked to remove it at all. What device are you using to view this page?

I doubt the jester serves a royal family, he seems more like an unaffiliated evil mischief-maker

That could be too. I just always translate jester=entertainment for the nobles.

And I couldn't see 8BricKMario's picture either. I only could see the repost of CM4S.