Paul Boratko

Amazingly well done Subaru WRX STi by pipasseyoyo

Pipasseyoyo has made some other great MOCs as well!

Indeed... His mobile crane is one of the Most impressive and awesome i have ever seen... You can find it in his brickshelf folder...

If you take a look at the additional Brickshelf pictures you will see how he avoided the need to use the black 19L flex axles around the wheel wells. Very well done!

If you take a look at the additional Brickshelf pictures you will see how he avoided the need to use the black 19L flex axles around the wheel wells. Very well done!

They probably would have been too short anyways. Looks like he used two 12 or 11L ones in the front.

Subarus WRX's generally have more rounder lights which are harder to do certainly.

Maybe it's not the newest Subaru, 90's models didn't have round lights yet the overall shape is pretty similar. Anyway really great use of panels on this model, all the holes left seem invisible which is hard to accomplish using mainly Technic.

Edited by drakmin

It's a masterpiece! I think PF wont improve this model - it is classic supercar and it is fine!

My only criticism is it doesn't say "Subaru" to me, My first impression was of an Evo. hehe.

Same here!

Damn, he's a seriously great MOC'er. Take a look at his other beauties in his Brickshelf folder.

Wow... Instant-buy. Very detailed and great looking. Would be awesome in RC'd version.

It's a masterpiece! I think PF wont improve this model - it is classic supercar and it is fine!

Fully agree!

Super car should be only mechanical!

Edited by rm8

Its a lovely moc and I don't want to sound like a bastard, but it looks nothing like Subaru wrx sti. I can't even figure out which model he tries to represent.

I own Subaru wrx blob eye mysel, so I do Subaru daily ;)

I wished I could render this for more awesomeness! :-)

Well, if someone could give a ton of images from the inside, I'd be happy to make an LDraw file :wink:

Now that beauty is unforgetably detailed (and huge)! The panels, the logo, the suspension, the gearbox... I am truly amazed. The highlight of this MOC is the motor of course - never seen one like this before.

That must go to the Lego Ideas AND our Technic Hall of Fame thread.

Edited by paulblda

Its a lovely moc and I don't want to sound like a bastard, but it looks nothing like Subaru wrx sti. I can't even figure out which model he tries to represent.

I own Subaru wrx blob eye mysel, so I do Subaru daily ;)

I believe its the 2015. I think it looks spot on.

subaru-wrx-sti-2015-bangshift-047.jpg

Edited by sm1995

AAAhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I have literally been commenting about this guy on this forum for months. No comments or follow-up. Shows what my opinion is worth :laugh: Great Job Paul finding this guy and getting him the recognition he deserves.