On a scale of 1 to 5   

166 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

You can preorder now, I just put in my order, they are having technical difficulties though, delays in VIP points showing up etc..overloaded orders? Ugh...

You can preorder now, I just put in my order, they are having technical difficulties though, delays in VIP points showing up etc..overloaded orders? Ugh...

Gotten that too but I don't care as long they can fullfill the promissed June 1st ship date I'm good, I've gone with Express Saver so it comes in a little faster.

Woot! Just Pre-ordered 2 of these! Keeping one boxed while I build one for fun.

Nice! did you get the message that they'll have trouble with the pre-orders? I did I hope they still can fullfill the Promised date of June 1st. Once I get mine I'm gonna experiment on it with a mini mod test on the front from two white attic pieces from my bad cop pursuit set.

Nice! did you get the message that they'll have trouble with the pre-orders? I did I hope they still can fullfill the Promised date of June 1st. Once I get mine I'm gonna experiment on it with a mini mod test on the front from two white attic pieces from my bad cop pursuit set.

Yea...before hitting the submit button to finalize my order, it mentioned in red letters (a paragraph) that they are experiencing difficulties processing orders in a quick manner, and that it will take awhile to process and update the VIP points. I just received an email that my order was received - so, we will see if they ship the promised date.

Since the promised ship-date falls on the weekend, I have a feeling it won't ship out until the following Monday.

Just preordered mine. I doubt it will ship Jun 1st, considering that it falls on a Sunday. Can't wait to build it!

Yea...before hitting the submit button to finalize my order, it mentioned in red letters (a paragraph) that they are experiencing difficulties processing orders in a quick manner, and that it will take awhile to process and update the VIP points. I just received an email that my order was received - so, we will see if they ship the promised date.

Since the promised ship-date falls on the weekend, I have a feeling it won't ship out until the following Monday.

Yeah kinda dumb to have it on june 1st, I've gotten that email and it said I've placed on june 1st! :/ as I did it on may 31st in my eastern time, they are in mount. time or so not sure.

Just ordered mine as well. Did not want to run the risk of it selling out and I can imagine this set will be very popular. Can't wait to build it but still have the Curiosity Rover to build first and stil only halfway through the Sea Cow. Luxury problems.

Edited by TheLegGodt

Looks like Lego didn't alerted me that they were gonna say it's on it's way now....so I have it's Monday not Tuesday since I've used express saver to save some business days to get here faster.

Got mine today and I have some additional thoughts about the build!

First off, my instruction booklet didn't have any issues with loose/falling out pages, something I feared since all of the pre-release reviews I read mentioned issues.

The minifig stand employs a neat trick to hold the Ghostbusters logo in place. At the top, it's held by two headlight bricks, and at the bottom, the new 1x2 upward bracket. It employs vertical and horizontal 1/2 plate offsets and is fairly clever, as well as entirely gratuitous: a 2 stud connection would have been fine, and white headlight bricks aren't even used anywhere else in the set. It's just a neat way to show how headlight bricks and the new 1x2 upward bracket can work with each other.

LEGO was very generous with the silver parts. They're all over the front and rear bumpers, but are also employed on the roof and a couple random places. There are 38 silver pieces in the set (mostly cheese slopes, 1x1 round plates, and 1x2 grille tiles), and I received 2 more as extra pieces. As an aside: although the set uses a number of light gray 1x2 cheese slopes, there are no light gray 1x1 cheese slopes. There is a point in the build where they would appear necessary, and silver ones are used instead. It's not important, just interesting.

Other thoughts:

- The angled windows work great and are very stable.

- The two blue tubes at the side are accomplished by using one length of hydraulic tubing looped back on itself and hidden under the roof detail - this allows the roof to detach without having to remove the tubing that's "connected".

- The wheels are perfect. Excellent use of the barbell weights piece.

- This thing is built like a tank. It's stable and easy to manipulate, unlike the Delorean with its fiddly bits and unstable doors.

- In the review photos, the antenna is actually attached incorrectly. It's intended to sit atop the 1x1 light gray plate there!

- I hope you like boat studs. There are 10 on the underside of the car and 4 on the underside of the removable roof, plus the 4 printed ones used on the proton packs for 18 total.

- Odd that the trans-clear light on the roof is wedged between the 4 studs of a regular 2x2 plate. Normally, LEGO would employ the 2x2 'jumper' with one stud to make this connection.

- Two white 4x4 corner plates are well utilized in this build. I'm usually not a fan of the part since it feels like a 2x4 and a 2x2 would usually accomplish the same task just as well, but the corner plates definitely add needed stability.

- The set includes a minifig stand from the CMF series in light gray, but for no particular reason. It's buried in the chassis build and could easily have just been two 2x3 plates. Its inclusion is nice, but completely unnecessary. Thanks though, LEGO!

- I like that LEGO used the trick of fitting two same-side 2x3 wing plates against each other to form the fins. It's not a new trick by any means, but it's cool to see in an official set.

- These 1x1 tiles with clip on top are ridiculously strong. Like, they're far grippier than I remember previous molds of the piece being. They have a ton of strength both in the clip and the bottom, and there are 7 points in the build where a 1x1 round plate is attached to the bottom of one. It's overly difficult to get them back apart again. This has always been an annoying connection to undo, but it's particularly egregious here.

Edited by Carbohydrates

I got that problem with the loose pages in the instruction manual.

Although I knew of it, although I did not open it over about 70-80 degrees, two pages just slipped out.

This is poorly glued and such a bummer for a so nice and detailed designed set and instruction manuel. I was quite aroused I have to say.

Now it is broken forever and I suppose I should never touch that thing again, because there will be a 99% chance it gets broken even more.

One of the printed Ghostbuster-logo pieces has already had worn off printing, too. Not too good either, as I hoped that the print would last a decade, as I do not play with sets...

Oh, 100 posts reached! Shame it must be my first complaint.

Edited by KCMatze

Is there an error with the pricing? It's coming up at $69.99 on Lego Shop at Home, but it comes with only 46 VIP points. All other retailers seem to have it for the $50 MSRP.

The set is shown in the back of the US Summer 2014 catalog and it shows all four minifigures in the car: 3 sitting and 1 lying on his back in the rear. When I get this set, I'll see if I move the steering wheel to the driver's side and squeeze two minifigures in the front side by side. And it would be cool if the rear door can be modded to slide out to load the proton packs.

I didn't get my set, yet, but noticed that in the catalog picture. A bit racist. (Yes, that's a joke)

I got that problem with the loose pages in the instruction manual.

Although I knew of it, although I did not open it over about 70-80 degrees, two pages just slipped out.

This is poorly glued and such a bummer for a so nice and detailed designed set and instruction manuel. I was quite aroused I have to say.

Now it is broken forever and I suppose I should never touch that thing again, because there will be a 99% chance it gets broken even more.

One of the printed Ghostbuster-logo pieces has already had worn off printing, too. Not too good either, as I hoped that the print would last a decade, as I do not play with sets...

Oh, 100 posts reached! Shame it must be my first complaint.

I would probably contact customer service for both those issues, I reckon they'll send replacements

Just finished building mine. It took longer than I expected, but in a good way. Building it was a great learning experience. It definitely was not a "City Great Vehicle" set. Every square inch of it was using tricks and techniques that I had never seen and (not being much of a car builder) never would have even begun to think of. It's getting pride of place in my display. I'm sitting it next to the haunted house. (Lord Vampyre isn't worried. The first thing he did when he saw them moving in was go down to town hall and get a court order barring them from 100' of his property. He's been a loyal local taxpayer for over 350 years now. He does not need these youngsters tearing the place up.)

Built this last night...

While not bad at all, I wanted to love it, and I don't. I think the set really deserved the chrome parts, as it just looks far too dull without them.

Still love the Venkmann and Stanz figures though.

<3

I've ordered the set from Lego Shop. How long does it come?

Ordered last Monday 2nd June and shipped 3rd June, not got them yet. Look like it is coming from Holland by TNT.

Daniel.

I'm sitting it next to the haunted house. (Lord Vampyre isn't worried. The first thing he did when he saw them moving in was go down to town hall and get a court order barring them from 100' of his property. He's been a loyal local taxpayer for over 350 years now. He does not need these youngsters tearing the place up.)

Great idea, just taking down my haunted house at the mo to make room for Simpsons house but the Ecto-1 (currently winging it's way to me from Lego) will make a lovely humorous addition to the Monster Fighters sets i'll have up at Halloween. Perfect combination!

I didn't get my set, yet, but noticed that in the catalog picture. A bit racist. (Yes, that's a joke)

I wasn't the only one who noticed that, then! Rosa Parks fought for nothing. :tongue:

(and yes that too was a joke for people that take things really seriously.)

I would probably contact customer service for both those issues, I reckon they'll send replacements

Good idea, I will try that. Maybe they will send me the parts! If not, I am still pretty happy about the set. But would be really kind, as if it's 50 Euros ;)

Built this last night...

While not bad at all, I wanted to love it, and I don't. I think the set really deserved the chrome parts, as it just looks far too dull without them.

Still love the Venkmann and Stanz figures though.

<3

I think the metallic silver that they used is a better choice. But that's probably the old model railroader in me. One of the tricks of that kind of modeling is as you scale stuff down you have to reduce the shine, otherwise it won't fool the eye. So chrome or very shiny metals are only used for very very specific effect.

Got mine Thursday. Spent Friday morning putting it together. It's already my favorite set. The build, as others stated, is rock solid, and looks amazing. I'm probably going to buy a second one and keep it boxed.

Built mine too now. Looks good with haunted house. Not sure I think the minifigures are so special as others here make them out to be. It takes - for me - a lot of imagination to see the original cast in them. Doesn't bother me though, they're fine without being so instantly recognisable. Just not special.