The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

22 hours ago, Tygurah said:

With the scaled-down Sesame Street & Flintstones house lacking minifigures proposed in the submissions, what do you think will be changed in the Winnie the Pooh set? New molds for minifigures are quite obvious, but with how small the set will be, I'm thinking they might cut Rabbit and just give us Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore, who are the most iconic characters. Maybe Christopher Robin?

I doubt Kanga and Roo have any chance of appearing. Christopher will almost surely be left out, he's out of scale. I doubt Rabbit will be excluded, maybe not as iconic, but still a crucial member of the cast. Also he might be the only one not needing a new mould if he were to use the same head as Bugs Bunny will have (recolored of course). I'm also hoping the designers will make a unique recolor for the Owl

On 12/8/2020 at 7:16 AM, MatthewRC said:Great news, guys! Take this rumor with a grain of salt, but certain unapproved LEGO Ideas could be getting a second chance via BrickLink!

Well that’s interesting. I wonder what actually will be produced, the unmodified ideas submission? Hasn’t Lego always made some sort of modification to the submission before presenting it as an official Lego product? I know POBB had some significant design changes, I think SteamBoat Willie did also. And I’m not even talking about redesigns to remove old pieces or “illegal” building techniques. Is this just an extension of that Bricklink AFOL program they did a couple of years ago but with Ideas as the pool to pick from but won’t have actual Lego branding? 

in any case my wallet is cringing in anticipation.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:41 AM, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Don't forget "The Set About Nothing!" 

Reveal hidden contents

Seinfeld

Cue the Seinfeld theme!

The new Ideas vehicle looks pretty cool and definitely faithful to the original submission. I hope it's not a GWP for only modulars...

It does look cool. It's kinda strange to see that in ideas, though. A lego car, what an idea! lol

It's pretty much confirmed the Blacksmith is coming before Pooh based on the leaked set numbers, yea? Shouldn't we expect it on January 1st given the two month rotation Ideas sets have been coming out in

6 hours ago, Modal said:

It's pretty much confirmed the Blacksmith is coming before Pooh based on the leaked set numbers, yea? Shouldn't we expect it on January 1st given the two month rotation Ideas sets have been coming out in

Sources are saying February 1 instead of January 1...

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Sources are saying February 1 instead of January 1...

Agh are we really going to get 2 of my most anticipated sets of the year (Blacksmith and Ninjago Gardens) on the same day? :excited:

9 hours ago, Modal said:

But the main question is...

Will the Medieval Blacksmith be inspired by Classic Castle?

3 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

In what way? Classic castle sets were simple and focused on gameplay, be it with figures or rebuilding of your castles. I expect this should be a more detailed set with a display focus?

6 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

It depends on your definitions of "inspired" and "Classic Castle". 

4 hours ago, Merlo said:

In what way? Classic castle sets were simple and focused on gameplay, be it with figures or rebuilding of your castles. I expect this should be a more detailed set with a display focus?

I meant that I hope the minifigures included will be inspired by Classic Castle.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

It depends on your definitions of "inspired" and "Classic Castle". 

Okay, fair enough.

I hope it will look like the original submission. I don't mind changes, but too many to make it look and feel like the original Castle sets will ruin it.

I think the best comparison would be to look at the Fishing Dock idea submission and the final set. It’s very similar in style but just more detailed and lively.

13 hours ago, Modal said:

I think the best comparison would be to look at the Fishing Dock idea submission and the final set. It’s very similar in style but just more detailed and lively.

Which set is that?

16 hours ago, MAB said:

I hope it will look like the original submission. I don't mind changes, but too many to make it look and feel like the original Castle sets will ruin it.

The project is definitely changing from the original submission. The original project had a piece count of over 3,000 bricks according to an interview by the designer. The rumored price point is $150 which means the price count will be between 1,000-2,500. The lego designer will definitely alter some things to make the set more affordable, sturdier and fit into the price point that it was given. 

21 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Old Fishing Store 21310

Ah, ok. The dock part confused me. I thought they were almost identical? The actual product looks more colorful since the idea is a render, so it has dInsert other media arker colors and is missing a few details that ended up in the final product.

Edited by Merlo

1 hour ago, Just_a_brick said:

The project is definitely changing from the original submission. The original project had a piece count of over 3,000 bricks according to an interview by the designer. The rumored price point is $150 which means the price count will be between 1,000-2,500. The lego designer will definitely alter some things to make the set more affordable, sturdier and fit into the price point that it was given. 

I didn't say it wouldn't be changed, I said I hope it looks like the original submission. Part counts in many MOCs can be cut by a factor of two and still look relatively similar. A small change in size, less small part detail in sections of the model that are not necessarily going to be seen much, and so on. If they change colour scheme or try to make this look like an old school Castle set, it will lose the essence of what people voted for.

Still hoping the Blacksmith will be inspired by something like a mix of 1986 Guarded Inn / Medieval Market Village , like they did a "remastered" Black Seas Barracuda, or at least offer it as a 2-in-1 option.

It doesn't need to have the red walls but I can certainly see the similarities in the set types.

As for having less pieces, I'm okay with it, I can see a lot of tiny pieces that could be potentially removed, as right now it looks pretty cluttered compared to something you'd see in an official set.

I'd rather see some more figures/horses , compared to the many 1x1 or 1x2 sized pieces.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/12/2020 at 5:49 PM, JintaiZ said:

The new Ideas vehicle looks pretty cool and definitely faithful to the original submission. I hope it's not a GWP for only modulars...

Yeah, I really want to put it next to the diner but won't buy the police station.. The last time they did an Ideas gift with purchase (the rockeship) it was with any purchase that hit a price.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

If they change colour scheme or try to make this look like an old school Castle set, it will lose the essence of what people voted for.

You mean like what they did with Pirates of Barracuda Bay? ; )

I'd like to embed a gif and/or a regular image in my project description on IDEAS, but I don't know how to do it, and I can't seem to find it in their FAQ.. :look: Does anyone here know how to do it?

As a by-product of my search, I found out there is a platform to suggest ideas for improvements to the website. That kind of amused me, because, you know... IDEAS:shrug_oh_well:

17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Still hoping the Blacksmith will be inspired by something like a mix of 1986 Guarded Inn / Medieval Market Village , like they did a "remastered" Black Seas Barracuda, or at least offer it as a 2-in-1 option.

It doesn't need to have the red walls but I can certainly see the similarities in the set types.

As for having less pieces, I'm okay with it, I can see a lot of tiny pieces that could be potentially removed, as right now it looks pretty cluttered compared to something you'd see in an official set.

I'd rather see some more figures/horses , compared to the many 1x1 or 1x2 sized pieces.

I really hope that they give us what "we want" this time and not as similar to the original as possible.
Just look at the barracuda bay set, the original was great and I was really looking forward to getting it as close as possible. The set turned out rather different, but in my mind probably the best set this year. It is a joy to build, looks great, have a lot of nostalgia for old pirate fans and the option to turn it in to a ship is just pure genius.
This set however is a great moc, but probably need to change quite a lot before it is a great set. The house is to big and is not is scale with any prior castle set, just look at the big tree in the set that is dwarfed by the house. There if a decent amount of animals in the set, but I would not mind more and especially number of minifigs should be increased. Add a knight with a squire riding in to buy something so it  would tie it more to the castle theme (do not get me wrong i love civilian figs)..

Promobricks is reporting that the Ideas car 40448 will be a GWP for spend over Eur85 on anything, so not limited to the modulars. Which hopefully means they made enough stock not to sell out within a few minutes like the Hagrid BrickHeadz for Harry Potter.