6 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Sadly I don't find the thread, but I am sure someone presented a logging truck in this scale not long ago...

Someone did make a B model for the 42128 tow truck, but it had no trailer

@Ngoc Nguyen Another idea to add: Forest harvester, similar to the Ponsse Scorpion King

I'm slightly surprised we have not seen a 4 motor, control plus Forklift truck yet, could see that having a lot of playability, 

The updated list of possible models for flagship sets:

- Bucket trench excavator
- Simple hydraulic boom excavator
- Dragline excavator
- 6x6 mobile crane
- Tracked lattice boom crane (this one can uses the CAT track pieces)
- Tower crane
- Backhoe 
- Mining dump truck
- Combine harvester
- Biggest reach stacker
- Biggest forklift
- Biggest telehandler

I think I'll visit this list every year to cross out any idea that becomes an actual set. I wanna see how long TLG can maintain the Technic flagships without repeating themselves.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The updated list of possible models for flagship sets:

- Bucket trench excavator
- Simple hydraulic boom excavator
- Dragline excavator
- 6x6 mobile crane
- Tracked lattice boom crane (this one can uses the CAT track pieces)
- Tower crane
- Backhoe 
- Mining dump truck
- Combine harvester
- Biggest reach stacker
- Biggest forklift
- Biggest telehandler

I think I'll visit this list every year to cross out any idea that becomes an actual set. I wanna see how long TLG can maintain the Technic flagships without repeating themselves.

Why no logging truck? An RC model is entirely possible in the Arocs's scale

I doubt they’d go for war themed trucks, especially not the one making a meme of the Vietnam War

If TLG keep monster jam I want see Bone shaker. But I actually want TLG stop doing that. I want onroad pullback car like privious set.

Edited by msk6003

2 hours ago, efferman said:

There is time for a new big wheelloader

Was about to write the same here. The 4 ports hub for driving, articulated steering, bucket and boom operation are perfectly fitting. The catch is: Which brand will it be? Possibilities are:

- Liebherr L586X (last Liebherr set was 42100 from 2019)
- CAT 994K (last CAT set was 42130 from 2021 so unlikely)
- VOLVO L350H (last Volvo set was 42114, but we already had the 42030 (Volvo L350F) and we get the Polybag wheelloader this year)

My favorite pick would be the Claas Torion 1914, which is co-produced with Liebherr. This thing could also use the 107 tractor tires, which means it could be bigger than the 42030 (which had 1636 pieces) and therefor be a true flagship.

2017-11-08-de-de-torion-2--pic-1.jpg 

2 hours ago, efferman said:

There is time for a new big wheelloader

TLG tries to not repeat themselves, and I can't think of any way the new C+ wheel loader can make itself different from the old 42030.

4 minutes ago, Jundis said:

The 4 ports hub for driving, articulated steering, bucket and boom operation are perfectly fitting

This is the same as the setup in 42030, and I doubt that TLG will repeat themselves when it comes to the flagship.

If I remember correctly something like CLAAS torion was made by @M_longer few years ago...https://youtu.be/gGx2vBpLe6s

But as alternative to 42053 set

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I doubt they’d go for war themed trucks, especially not the one making a meme of the Vietnam War

I was kinda joking. :wink: But olive wheel hubs would be cool!

25 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This is the same as the setup in 42030, and I doubt that TLG will repeat themselves when it comes to the flagship.

8275 and 42131 like to have a word with you ;-)

Just now, Jundis said:

8275 and 42131 like to have a word with you ;-)

Well 42131 has more features than 8275. 8275 has 4, while 42131 has 6. 42131 also has a motorized ladder, and chain tensioners. At least there are areas in 8275 that can be improved upon or features that can be added.

Now consider the 42030. What else can be added? I can't think of any. A loader has 2 functions, which are bucket raising and bucket tipping, and that's it. The next big front loader (42081) has 2 more functions (counterweight moving and body folding) only because it's a concept model. Maybe TLG will add a 3-speed 42114-styled gearbox into the next big loader.

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What else can be added?

Also a front tilt on the bucket for higher elevation for example, you can see it in the upper pic of the Claas Torion. Would need a new special bucket, though...

TLG tries to not repeat themselves, and I can't think of any way the new C+ wheel loader can make itself different from the old 42030.

Isn't every car set basically a repeat of previous car sets?

2 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Isn't every car set basically a repeat of previous car sets?

when it comes to the flagship

20 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

A loader has 2 functions, which are bucket raising and bucket tipping, and that's it.

Motorized ladder - can't discount it as a function for a front loader if it's considered a notable function for a bulldozer :wink:

But in all seriousness, I agree, but only if you only have space for one hub. A front loader needs all four functions to be operable at the same time, so you can't have a gearbox, or any more motorized functions without adding a second one.

If you do, however, then there's quite a lot you could do, such as a locking mechanism with PTO for different attachments (closing bucket, claw or forks), or even a completely different style of arm, like the telescoping one on the Torion 738T Sinus. If you're willing to sacrifice some playability by getting rid of simultaneous functions, then this could even be achieved with four motors and a four-output distribution gearbox.

While expensive, a 3-4K piece model of this with CLAAS tyres, two hubs and seven motors (2x drive, steering, arm, telescope, 2x attachment) should be entirely achievable, and would be awesome... damn now I've really hyped myself up about this lol

399170-dataRawRgb.jpg

Edited by Bartybum