Sign in to follow this  
HammerBro

Crossing Lake Talon

Since rogueang released the Historica Settlements task, I've starting planning a dock scene and this is the ferry that makes trips back and forth between Vanguard and the mainland where the crop fields are located.

The swift breeze rolls off the lake and blows in Headil's long hair. The young lad enjoyed making trips with his father to see the fields. Amidst the grunts of the rowers, Lenfel makes sure his son doesn't fall into the water that he stares into so deeply.

12664945424_eaf09618dd.jpg

12664945074_23578b6a42.jpg Lenfel holding his curious son and Gela having drink after going to see Atlas.

12664944934_d2cc10ea6f.jpg The Captain of the ferry with the plank used for boarding beside him.

12664944724_86d81696a6.jpg Reagan Lanthorn returning to the city with her guards.

12664484205_9febbcd1c6.jpg Eli enjoying the lake scenery.

I mainly posted this to get another freebuild done before the first deadline comes and I think I might be able to get another private vessel posted before the end of the month.

Thanks for viewing! :classic:

Excellent Build! I very much like the many characters, especially the Elves, the premise of the build, the ship itself and the layout of the MOC. Great to see another Avalonian Naval vessel. I hope to see this incorporated in your task 3 description!

Beautiful figs as I already told you dude.. Lovely Boat! I need to buy myself some of those viking boat parts.

Very cool Hammer! I really like the elves that you made here, but the boat is fantastic as well.

Very nice build and presentation here. Seems like a lot of rowing for not much revenue but labor is cheap. I would recommend you to think about photo editing software, your building skills deserve it.

Really nice! This reminds me... I need to compile my Freebuilds. :look:

Thanks!

Nice build! I like the rowers and Reagan and her elves.

Thank you!

Excellent Build! I very much like the many characters, especially the Elves, the premise of the build, the ship itself and the layout of the MOC. Great to see another Avalonian Naval vessel. I hope to see this incorporated in your task 3 description!

Thanks, I will once I have the time and I really liked how this came out. :classic:

Beautiful figs as I already told you dude.. Lovely Boat! I need to buy myself some of those viking boat parts.

Thanks, I got the set several years back and they're great pieces.

Very cool Hammer! I really like the elves that you made here, but the boat is fantastic as well.

Thank you!

Very nice build and presentation here. Seems like a lot of rowing for not much revenue but labor is cheap. I would recommend you to think about photo editing software, your building skills deserve it.

I've been thinking about software, but I don't want to pay so much for it as I wouldn't use it much outside of legos. :sceptic: Do you have any recommendations?

I love the ship, reminds me that Mitgardia needs a navy, *cough* *cough* ( take that as a hint Mitgardians, especially those who have nothing to do at the moment )

I love how most of the rowers seem to be older men! And the water is fantastic, especially in the first shot with the way the light interacts with it.

As far as photo editing software goes, GIMP is free.

I love the ship, reminds me that Mitgardia needs a navy, *cough* *cough* ( take that as a hint Mitgardians, especially those who have nothing to do at the moment )

If I find time between writing a short story, editing a novel, and working on AoM, then I'll perhaps contribute a ship.

I love how most of the rowers seem to be older men! And the water is fantastic, especially in the first shot with the way the light interacts with it.

As far as photo editing software goes, GIMP is free.

Thanks! Thats what I was going for with the rowers and I'll look into GIMP. :classic:

Thanks, Bkrosell and Utilitybelt!

This looks like a really nice boat! I'm actually having a hard time making good use of those Dragon boat stern/bow piece, but I think you did an excellent job!

This looks like a really nice boat! I'm actually having a hard time making good use of those Dragon boat stern/bow piece, but I think you did an excellent job!

Thanks! It was a job to figure out how to finish the tops of the stern/bow so it looked good.

Thanks, Architect.

Fantastic ship mate! Love it, the water is great as well! I think I would have liked some whitewater coming alongside and behind the ship (using trans-clear pieces), but other than that, fantastic work!

Looks great! You really have developed your mocing skills I think! :thumbup:

Some advice:Try to edit out the background. Your mocs really deserves the best presentation

The green baseplate is visible. Not much but I saw it right away. One way to solve this is to add plates in one colour and with one stud of the baseplate and then build on top of the plates. Hope you get what I mean! :classic: