Can you suggest your own MOC or will it be similar to The Lego Car Blog submission standards where someone else has to suggest a MOC of yours?

Perhaps models should not even be nominated, but should rather attract attention by themselves in their respective topics. Great MOCs will automatically get a lot of hype/praise.

Can you suggest your own MOC or will it be similar to The Lego Car Blog submission standards where someone else has to suggest a MOC of yours?

I think you could do it but all of us have a ideal view of their own MOCs, me too of course :laugh: and I donĀ“t think it was successful, perhaps waiting for someone to think they are recommended would be better, this is just my way of thinking.

Perhaps models should not even be nominated, but should rather attract attention by themselves in their respective topics. Great MOCs will automatically get a lot of hype/praise.

I agree, but do you think models get more praise/hype from WIPs or just finished models.

So that means MOCs from 1-2 years ago won't have a chance, or should we bump our old thread top have some chance? That would mean some bump storm.

Plus: as I see it, many times the maker of the model that attracts the attention, and newcomers have to build even more awesome models to get that inertia many builders already have.

Anyway, maybe I shouldn't care about this HoF, as I think I already know all the models that are to my linking, and most importantly I should stop wanting to get attention, I should spend those braincells on building or more important things.

Edited by Lipko

Might not be the right forum but ... of all the construction vehicles out there ... how come no one has attempted a bucket-wheel excavator?

That grader kicks ass, desperately needs some bigger wheels though!

Might not be the right forum but ... of all the construction vehicles out there ... how come no one has attempted a bucket-wheel excavator?

Here you can find plenty.

Edited by jantjeuh

Actually, if you search you will find several of them. Sariel attempted one but gave up due to structural concerns. My favorite is from Holger Matthes.

Heyy! You didn't start a new topic! :grin::wink:

I am not sure, but I found it on this forum and it seems technical enough for me.

I Suggest my favourite LEGO TECHNIC MOC (And one of my beloved cars)

Land Rover Defender 110 - by Sheepo

defender-1.jpg

I fits the Rules:

- It is TECHNIC

- It has Eurobricks Topic (Link)

- It is an Iconic MOC for me (Actually I'm owner of a LR 88 & 109 Special, so, I fell in love when watch)

- I don't remember if It was frontpaged in Bricklink... but It was Cuusoo's Reviewed (and discarded Ā¬Ā¬ )

- And the most important, It could be sitting on Blackbird's Shelf... Instructions Render demonstrate it, right? ^^

Last but not least:

- Jim, Thanks for putting together all the exceptional MOCs of Eurobricks, and thanks for considering.

- Sheepo, You are an amazing Builder!!! ;)

Edited by Blastem

As for adding classic MOC's, I definitely think this is a good idea as well. I can name 20+ off the top of my head that would fit there, but as you said you don't want people to list a lot of old MOC's I'll limit myself to five, in no particular order:

Jennifer Clark's JCB JS220: http://www.genuinemodels.com/jcb.htm

Designer-Han's Articulated Hauler: http://www.designer-..._hauler_6x6.htm

Grazi's Tow Truck XL: http://rebrickable.c...Grazi/tow-truck

Nathanaƫl Kuiper's Concept Car: http://crowkillers.c...l=NK-conceptcar

Jurgen's Backhoe Loader v2: http://www.jurgenste.../backhoev2.html

No, should I?

I second the nomination for Jurgen's PF Loader v.2. 9 functions, 8 motors, very clean design and a lot of fun to build. This is the best by far loader / backhoe that I've seen or had the pleasure to build.

I also second the nomination for Han's 6 x 6 Articulated Hauler. Impeccable design, very creative steering using linear actuators and great finishing work.

WANTED: Hall of Fame Editor

Maintaining the Hall of Fame is quite a bit of work and it is not hard to tell that I have neglected it a bit lately. And what's the use in having a lousy Hall of Fame?!

So, I am looking for someone who is willing to maintain the Hall of Fame.

What DOES it entail?

• Adding new models to the Hall of Fame
  • Adding existing models to the Hall of Fame
  • Updating the Hall of Fame index post
  • Some other things that might come to mind, regarding the Hall of Fame

What DOESN'T it entail?

• You don't have regulator rights
  • You don't have moderator rights
  • You don't have any rank :tongue:

How to apply?

Send me a PM indicating why you would like to be responsible for the Hall of Fame and why I should pick you :sweet:

I will pick a member and post the outcome here!

PS I won't go into elaborate discussions about the outcome, so please accept my choice without grudge.

Ah, so that's why it hasn't been updated for so long! Luie ted! :laugh::tongue:

Can't Blakbird do it? He builds every MOC anyway :laugh:

Edited by jantjeuh

Can't Blakbird do it? He builds every MOC anyway :laugh:

He's too busy building.

He's too busy building.

Dusting your collection? :P Do you do something special to keep dust off them all? Dusting sets and Moc's ain't easy with things sticking out all over place.

Dusting your collection? :P Do you do something special to keep dust off them all? Dusting sets and Moc's ain't easy with things sticking out all over place.

Here's a nice topic about cleaning Lego sets/parts :wink:

Hmmm pretty sure I pasted the link :laugh:

Thanks Rya....Alasdair :wink:

The Eurobricks Hall of Fame has been dorment lately, due to the fact that I didn't have enough time to maintain this properly.

Luckily for me Alasdair Ryan has offered to help me out. From now on he will be the designated Technic Hall of Fame Editor (THoFE).

If you want to nominate a MOC or someone else's MOC (SEMOC?!), just post it here and Alasdair will eventually add it to the Hall of Fame. It the MOC is good enough that is :tongue: