Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

Now the only thing I'm worried about is it's cost. I'm hoping $60 CAN.

Yep, that's it. Good price in my opinion!

I just hope it wont be too expensive in Oz. Looking at shop @ home, basically all 2014 sets priced at $50 in the US are priced at $80 in Australia so hopefully the Ecto-1 follows suit and doesn't end up at $90 or $100.

Did you join the forum just to say that?

Real question: is there a confirmed piece count for this set anywhere?

21108 LEGO® Ghostbusters™

Ages 12+ 508 pieces

USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99

Who ya gonna call? LEGO® Ghostbusters™!

Celebrate 30 years of ghostbusting action by building the iconic Ghostbusters™ Ecto-1 car out of LEGO® bricks. Selected by LEGO Cuusso members based on an original concept submitted by Brent Waller, a 3-D Environment Artist in the video game industry from Brisbane, Australia, this fun and iconic vehicle from the blockbusting ‘80s movie is fully loaded with all the paranormal detection equipment needed to track down those ghastly ghosts. It also features cool Ghostbusters logo decoration, removable roof, tracking computer and seats for 3 minifigures.

Set also includes a booklet containing building instructions, selected images and behind-the-scenes details about the classic Ghostbusters film. So if there’s something strange in your neighborhood, strap on your proton pack and get ready to help Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddemore bust some those ghosts! Four minifigures with proton packs included.

Ecto-1 vehicle measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (20cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.

Available for purchase beginning in June, 2014 at select toy retailers and via LEGO channels.

Now where to get a Slimer and a Stay Pufft, in the right size? Any ideas?

Well, Stay Puft is big enough that you could make a brick-built one (and from my experience at BrickFair a lot of people have). Slimer is trickier, but Rotta the Hutt or possibly the Alien Clinger from Alien Conquest could serve as compromises.

Considering this set was designed by an Aussie, what are the chances of it having a general release in Australia the same time as the rest of the world, rather than having to wait the standard 6-12 months for it show up in shops.

I ordered the Cuusoo Back to the Future set after not being so impressed with it at first sight and wound up loving it when I got it in hand. This one though I can say I am impressed from the start and will get it and love it too.

Since the minifigs don't have the ghostbusters logo printed in the arm, do you guys think it would be something useful to have custom pad printed and made available or not?

Don't know why Lego didn't do it, being the licenses logo and all.

Let me know what you think.

--------------------

UPdate to this: So I got a couple pm's asking if I was offering pad printing on demand, I'll post the answer I gave one of the pms

"Not exactly, I'm negotiating a deal with someone who does.

I'm considering doing the ghostbusters logo in the arm that is missing from the Lego set and make it available, right now it's a matter of cost/number of people interested.

I might do a kickstarter/pre-order type thing for this item alone, if it works others will follow."

----------

Pad is expensive, thats just a fact of the process.

THE ONLY way an average legoholic can get professional pad done (at a reasonable price)is if we pool a great number of people around one single project that makes the setup cost affordable.

however all of those people will be getting only that one item printed "per setup". (so if we got 8000 arms printed it would be enough for 2000 happy campers 4 arms per box of the official set )

Because each ghostbusters set has need of 4 printed arms it seemed like the perfect project to manage that common ground I spoke above. Like buying a trip as a group versus making your own reservation.

Hope that clears any confusion my post may have caused.

ok thats it, thanks for your attention, back to regular programming. :grin:

---------

UPDATE nº2

Ok I've now gotten some inquiries from members about this idea so I'll be creating a topic to discuss things with everyone in public, and see if we can make this happen as a Community like the Lugs do when they buy bricks, instead of doing it like a business venture.

Discussion for this is HERE

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92608

Edited by CustomJoe_MD

Are you guys complaining to Cuusoo and Lego about no arm print on these guys?

Maybe they can still add the ghostbusters logo to their arm. I think it would be perfect then.

First time post. :)

So I haven't been paying much attention to the pictures and/or this topic. But it is exciting to see this as an official set. Those figures look great.

Is that the 1x1 round with hole in stud in red now?? That is awesome. Thankfully they are including that in more colors instead of just white!

How were you able to re-create the set and decal designs in LDD?

Did you use posted images to reverse engineer things?

Very nice bbqqq, and yeah, I assume you reverse engineered that ecto-1 and decals? it looks pretty accurate

How were you able to re-create the set and decal designs in LDD?

Did you use posted images to reverse engineer things?

The LDD2povray rendering tool allow to use custom decals. But this time I posted images afterward.

Very nice bbqqq, and yeah, I assume you reverse engineered that ecto-1 and decals? it looks pretty accurate

Thank you, I just render another ecto-1 with steer-able modification.

12741537054_9d18f28c70_c.jpg

Lego 21108 LDD test_ steer MOD by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

Harold Ramis died today everyone. :cry_sad:

This is horrible news.. He was an amazing comedic actor/director... He has been sick for a few years now...

Harold Ramis died today everyone. :cry_sad:

That's terrible. RIP Egon Spengler! :cry_sad:

Maybe they'll do some sort of dedication to him in the instructions?

-Sci

That's terrible. RIP Egon Spengler! :cry_sad:

Maybe they'll do some sort of dedication to him in the instructions?

-Sci

that's what I was thinking. If I remember correctly they said something about the mjf foundation in the bttf delorean. So it would be a nice nod to the actor on lego's part.