The "I want to buy a piece" section of the website is back up again and they have the parts for the new sets, including the cargo plane.

Happy Building!

H

I have never bought parts directly from LEgo, so I wonder what are delivery rates?

I just ordered some of the new Technic 2014 parts from S@H customer service - at 1/3 the going price on BL! (should cross-post on the 'best bargins' page). The I-beams were only $0.45 each, 3L pin with axle $0.17, and the 5M axle with stop $0.16. Add about $0.05 per each part for shipping charges, and still much lower than elsewhere. BL seller's need to get competitive :wink: . I actually need these in some MOC's I am working on, so all the better.

Edited by JGW3000

BL seller's need to get competitive :wink: .

These are new items released in small amount in sets. So I think there might be a high demand at the beginning, but eventually price will go down with more parts appearing on BL.

Yep, I've also bought a lot of the new stuff. Especially the new blue technic panels are cheap.

Some BL sellers also get parts direct from LEGO, and then mark up the price 3x-5x. But its a free market, so if they can sell them, more power to them. But, once a limited supply part's price gets set on BL, the 6-month average get set, and then everyone sets the price high, and so the high price becomes self-fulfilling. Hopefully for us buyers supply and demand will work itself out. Meanwhile, pays to shop around.

How do I order parts from CS? Do I have to call, or is it a certain section of the website? Just got a gift card for S@H :excited:

TLH

How do I order parts from CS? Do I have to call, or is it a certain section of the website? Just got a gift card for S@H :excited:

TLH

Check your PM's..... :wink:

Lego direct is almost always cheaper for new parts,I remember buying 50 of the red sliding gears for 10 cents each after the mobile crane came out, and they were going for over a euro each on bricklink.

Agree and very quick service - here in the UK the delivery charge is fixed at £2.

As long as you know the part number you can order anything. I think there is a limit of 16 line items but as many of each item you want.

If need more then a second order is required.

Once order placed by e-mail you get a reply giving the cost and then have to respond and by pay be credit card by ringing the toll free phone line.

They won't accept Debit Cards.

Debit card OK for all other Lego online purchases including pick a brick.

Now that we have a Lego Store nearby at the Gateshead MetroCentre - parts can be ordered there.

The lego service has always been very good. I will be ordering some white and blue panels etc asap.

H

Wonder why they don't accept Debit Cards. That seems strange. That's me buggered then as I don't have a credit card.

We're poorly served in the W Midlands for LEGO stores. The closest to me are either MK or Cardiff. Why oh why is there not a LEGO store in B'ham? It is the second city for crying out loud!

The "I want to buy a piece" section of the website is back up again and they have the parts for the new sets, including the cargo plane.

Happy Building!

H

Thanks so much for this! I have just bought all of the Chrome elements and all of the Dark Blue elements (except for three 15L beams...) from the 41999 for less than £20!!

We're poorly served in the W Midlands for LEGO stores. The closest to me are either MK or Cardiff. Why oh why is there not a LEGO store in B'ham? It is the second city for crying out loud!

I'm in exactly the same boat. There used to be one in the Bullring when it first opened, but has since been turned into the Bear Factory :hmpf_bad:

Edited by JTS

Thanks so much for this! I have just bought all of the Chrome elements and all of the Dark Blue elements (except for three 15L beams...) from the 41999 for less than £20!!

Note that not all the dark blue elements required are listed there.

Edited by jantjeuh

Wonder why they don't accept Debit Cards. That seems strange. That's me buggered then as I don't have a credit card.

Can you shop online with you Debit Card? If you can then they will accept it if you ring them up. Maybe it's a protection thing so kids can't buy lots of lego using their parents cards (as happened with the apple app store). I must admit, if I were a 11yr old now and could get hold of my parents debit cards I would splash out and suffer the consequences. I've never had a problem when calling and paying the my card.

H

JTS,

You are welcome. I kept an eye on the lego website waiting to see if the parts for the new sets were going to be available so I could share it with you all. For those who want to buy parts and not sets it's a great system. I'm glad they did it and I have a feeling this website played a part in lego creating a "buy a piece" section.

Happy building!

H

I have never bought parts directly from LEgo, so I wonder what are delivery rates?

I have bought a few parts from lego service and the Shipping & Handling is $4.50CAD. If you live elsewhere I think you could just use a currency converter. It should not be more than that.

I just looked at the service part of the website and the "buy a piece" seems to be down again. I think that is where the people above bought there parts.

I hope that helps! Happy building!

NXT45

Edited by NXT45

I have bought a few parts from lego service and the Shipping & Handling is $4.50CAD. If you live elsewhere I think you could just use a currency converter. It should not be more than that.

I hope that helps! Happy building!

NXT45

In the UK it is £2.00 regardless of the size of the order (seemingly).

I guess when you had one, not enough people purchased from it. :hmpf_bad:

When I placed an order recently using "I want a piece" on phoning to pay for the order the girl said a debit card would be OK, but later Lego e-mailed me stating they do not accept debit cards for "I want a piece" transactions and had to pay using credit card.

For all other transactions from the on-line shop or in store including "pick a brick" its OK to use debit card.

Its time Lego allowed debit cards or Pay Pal for all sales

The only problem with that "I want a piece" section is that they are claiming to have certain parts in stock that I know haven't been in stock or have been discontinued for quite some time...

You are better off just calling in and placing an order.. It is quicker and eliminates the step of preparng the order online and waiting... All you need is the element ID number...

Also, I have been using my debit card to buy parts (and everything else) from Lego online for years...

I use my debit card, so I assume that that'd be OK.

I didn't even know about the one in the Bullring. Must have opened and closed during my Dark Ages. I can't imagine that there wojld have been a lack of custom.

I use my debit card, so I assume that that'd be OK.

I didn't even know about the one in the Bullring. Must have opened and closed during my Dark Ages. I can't imagine that there wojld have been a lack of custom.

There was one at Birmingham and one at Kingston I think, but they both got closed. Please correct me if I am wrong someone. A quick Google at least reveals that they both existed at some point in time...