Dirk1313

MOC: Monorail Train Station with "Schweineschnaeuzchen"

Hi folks!

I have been reading the Eurobricks Forum for many years, but this is the first MOC I am presenting here.

Usually I am presenting at 1000steine, where we also founded the MoRaSt-Group. A group of Lego Monorail enthusiasts

to create another MOnoRAilSTandard for presenting combined MOCs at exhebits. Last year in Munich we had a display with

175m of track running up to 15 trains at a time.

Now, here is my latest creation, the station of a small village called "Winterdorf Am MoRaSt". This is part of a larger winter display I am working on. The station is fully illuminated with LEDs (as the whole display is).

The little train in the station is based on the Wismarer railbus also known as Wismarer Schweineschnaeuzchen (Pig Snout) because of its iconic fronts. Enjoy the pictures :)

bhf28.jpg

bhf27.jpg

schwein13.jpg

schwein11.jpg

bhf19.jpg

bhf23.jpg

bhf24.jpg

Edited by Dirk1313

That's really nice!

Thanks for posting this beautiful station! Also a really nice rendition of the Schweineschnäuzchen, I can just imagine how it looks like.

Looks like construction is not yet finished, will the construction workers have to get in some overtime over the holidays? ;)

What a fantastic creation. Both the station and the railbus are absolutely perfect.The colour for the roof of the station is well picked. I also like the remaining snow on it.

That's a great scene for a lot of reasons, from the snowy tiles to the simple platforms. It's great to imagine this kind of low monorail running like a narrow guage train through a town.

If possible, can you show more of your build that allows it to navigate corners? Thanks for sharing!

That's a great scene for a lot of reasons, from the snowy tiles to the simple platforms. It's great to imagine this kind of low monorail running like a narrow guage train through a town.

If possible, can you show more of your build that allows it to navigate corners? Thanks for sharing!

Hi,

there is a Youtube video available showing the railbus in action (just not on the display):

Hi Dirk,

Thanks a lot for posting the Youtube video! it handles everything really well, from the corners to the ramps. I've never thought of using just the motor section from a monorail. Does the weight cause any problems?

Thanks again for sharing! And I hope your monorail works better than mine on the bounce setting.

That is a a really nice station and engine/railbus. It is something different that you do not see every day and it goes well with the winter village stuff as being from a similar era.

Definitely makes it feel like s "small-town" village adding in that nicely done train station. Great use of the Olive Cheese Slopes...the colors make everything tie together nicely.

And wonderful job on the monorail-train!! I'm sure you're village is happy with the station and rail bus addition.

I'm still working on my city station...I can't wait to finish it - waiting on some more PaB pieces to come in the next month to tile off my second platform.

Hey, thanks so much for sharing that with us. Love the 'Pig Snout'.

Lord Business has to wait in line? No wonder he looks pissed off.

Joe

Edited by Hey Joe

What a fantastic MOC and the layout in general looks amazing!!! The lights make it all look so cosy... Great use of all the new CMFs too!

Congrats on the frontpage and happy building :laugh:

Nice work.

Where did you get the white trees?

Hi

white tree leaves are sometimes available on Bricklink. Unfortunately they usually are quite expensive.

Regards

Dirk

Great MOC! I like the use of the Lego Movie minifigs! (of which I can't find anywhere)...

I can't believe how well you've made the 5 stud wide train!

Congrats on getting frontpaged!

Edited by Sir Brickalot

What kind of track do those trains run on? Is it lego?

Hi

of cause this is Lego Monorail: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=&catID=&itemYear=&searchName=Y&searchNo=Y&q=Monorail&catLike=W

Hi Dirk,

Thanks a lot for posting the Youtube video! it handles everything really well, from the corners to the ramps. I've never thought of using just the motor section from a monorail. Does the weight cause any problems?

No, the weight is no problem at all. I have built monorail trains with up to 5 cars/waggons and they all work fine.

Will introduce my VT11.5 Trans Europ Express Monorail later.

Alright, something different, a monorail train station! That is a funky little trolley! What year are they from, 30's/40's? You did a great job building it :classic: