Sign in to follow this  
LucasLaughing

[SoNE Ep III] The Night Before Life Day

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Twas the night before Life Day, and all through the base

Imps were hacking the files the Rebs tried to erase.

11791312796_08bc1c5fc0_c.jpg

And while thinking of hot Tatooine and sail barges

I wired Reb equipment with thermal det. charges.

11790955404_cc5b31b631_c.jpg

All at once, from the hall, we heard weaponized light

as our troops found a rebel who put up a fight!

11790756523_b230183c09_c.jpg

Outgunned and outnumbered, the reb didn't last long

and as he surrendered ...

11791204506_69bf702933_c.jpg

...we broke into song!

11791239406_7ff428112b_c.jpg

Give a cheer to the troops, far from home this cold night

fighting and dying for justice and right!

11790568815_b620e73832_c.jpg

Cheers to the pilots who saw them safe down

through the treacherous winds, over hostile ground.

11790461355_3c129b1f74_c.jpg

Cheers to the snow scouts who found the ice cave

where we first made our entrance, so dashing and brave.

11790805613_11ffa72131_c.jpg

Cheers to ISB spooks, with their cool slicer droids

(and their all-seeing eyes, which we try to avoid).

11790413335_b1742f7a11_c.jpg

Cheers to army and navy and Stormtrooper Corps,

and to all who support us as we win this war.

3 cheers for the Empire, protecting us all,

it's for her that we fight, we shall not let her fall!

11790847684_d33c5a6956_c.jpg

Cheers to her citizens, no matter where from ...

and tonight

(tonight only!)

cheers too, rebel scum.

11790875284_fb980775b0_c.jpg

Happy Life Day!!!

------------------------ Behind the scenes ------------------------

Once again, my build ended up much larger than I had planned! This was a difficult one to photograph, with a lot of white on white; I ended up taking a ridiculous number of pictures, experimenting with different lighting and settings.

11790942035_940977c48d_c.jpg

Here in Seattle, we have "full spectrum" or "happy" lamps to get us through the long damp winters. I built part of the cave wall with clear bricks, and let the blue light illuminate the interior.

Here's a look at the overall build:

11790933635_6d7031f738_c.jpg

This was a lot of fun, but I think I'll try a small vignette for Episode IV :classic:

Thanks for reading!

:laugh: That's really awesome. Love the song, and the photography in every shot is gorgeous. :wub:

*Tear :blush: You're song almost makes me want to join the Empire. Amazing work.

Each and every one of the scenes is awesome!

First scene: I like the dark blue. It's a nice new addition to the Hoth pallette. Those consoles that aren't upright anymore are just gorgeous. This really has the feeling of demolition you would expect for a base crushed by the Empire!

Second scene: Hilarious and really creative scene! The wires are well incorporated in the scene. It works well, and fills me with a warm feeling of holidays and explosions.

Third scene: Not that much to see here, but still a great composition. I love the over-the-shoulder shot with the action in the distance. Those tubes deliver just the right amount of detail for this area.

Fourth scene: what a nice and dynamic build! The laser beams are well connected. the Rebel's expression is just priceless.

Fifth scene: love the jovial feeling in this one. I can almost hear the singing. And the clutching of the warm coco.

Sixth scene: extremely epic shot! Really engaging, and that's a nice door in the background.

Seventh scene: I've got a weak spot for micro building. there isn't much to add to that shuttle, and the background looks effective.

Eighth scene: Probably my favorite. Both the build and the picture are gorgeous. I'm still missing some stalactites or so, but nothing can stop the awesomeness of this scene!

Ninth and Tenth scene: My Imperial heart grows bigger when seeing these nobel fellow Imperials. Really good propaganda shots.

Eleventh scene: see, we Imps aren't that mean at all! But that Rebel looks like he's up to something... Hey, that's anice wall in the background!

So it's beyond all doubt. This is a phenomenal build. I had a hard time putting together just one scene, and you've got a lot more up in your sleeve. Hat off to you!

Wow, wow, wow! This just oozes creativity! There are so much cool things to see and npu's which, combined with the excellent photo's, make for a wonderfull viewing experience. I Love it!

I like your moc a lot! The dark blue, destroyed control panels, computers, the little hacker droid, hoses that are hanging from the ceiling are all great! The lighting you used for the scout trooper's entrance to the base is also very successful. My only nitpick would be the inclusion of stormtroopers, I think they are gonna feel very cold with their standard armors. Great entry for the Empire!

Wonderful stuff! The control room is a very good reconstruction from the movie (you'll be seeing this in my entry too!) The pipework in the hallway, laser beams, the door with the troopers running past, and of course the ice cave… love it! :thumbup::wub:

As it's been all mentioned already I agree this is a very fine build! All the good things were pointed out as the doors, the computers, the hacker droid but I must admit that the cave is outstanding. The build is very creative and the blue lighting is a cherry on top! I know it's your way o doing things, but I'm not too fond of this story telling thing. The only reason is that then your MOC does not look complete or at least it does not look continous. Only by following the images put on here in the right order you can figure it out. I think that MOC should be a moment captured ...

Nevertheless it's still a strong entry and we're all glad to have you on the right side!

Nice entry! :wub: You've also got some great effects there, it almost look like the figs are alive!

You did a great job with the different lighting effects you managed to create in each tableau, especially in the shot of the scout trooper descending into the crevasse. Also, the paneling and piping in the hallway wall really brings the base to life in a way that I haven't seen done before. I live in Seattle as well, so maybe we’ll run into each other at BrickCon sometime! :laugh:

Thank you for the comments and kind words everyone!

[...] My only nitpick would be the inclusion of stormtroopers, I think they are gonna feel very cold with their standard armors.

I went through a bit of thinking on whether to include standard troopers in addition to snow troopers. In the film, the rebels inside echo base are bundled up but they do have some skin exposed so I figured regular stormtroopers would be okay inside the base, and the snow troops could handle any action outside.

[...] I know it's your way o doing things, but I'm not too fond of this story telling thing. The only reason is that then your MOC does not look complete or at least it does not look continous. Only by following the images put on here in the right order you can figure it out. I think that MOC should be a moment captured ...

I think that's a fair criticism. I've been kind of experimenting over these last few builds with different ways of blending story telling with building. My goal for the next one is for the scene to look "complete" while still telling a story.

[...]I live in Seattle as well, so maybe we’ll run into each other at BrickCon sometime! :laugh:

For sure! Also, I'll make it to a SeaLUG meeting one of these months, so maybe I'll see you there!

A great entry LucasLaughing, well done!

I particularly like the details of the control room, it's very close to the original film set and the dark blue helps to break up all of the white. The song is ingenious and really adds to it, good luck with the contest :classic:

Great work and great photography! :classic::thumbup:

I hope to have my entry up today or tomorrow to even the entry count! :vader:

Edited by Lego Spy

Great build, I really like it :thumbup: Keep up the good work!!

Very nice build indeed !

The cave view is absolutely amazing !

Photos taking of white parts is difficult, but I think you captured it quite well !

Lot of good work, even the special lighting unit. :D