Sir Brickalot

Brick Separators!

Very good at this. They're actually a very neat design overall.

Cool. :classic:

For tiles, I guess it would be a bit more of a problem, or?

Edited by Palathadric

Cool. :classic:

For tiles, I guess it would be a bit more of a problem, or?

Nope good at tiles too. Very pointy, pointy end does the job nicely. :-)

Cheers

Rog

They come for free, so what's wrong with them?

There is no such thing as "free". You paid for them and you didn't know.

That's the spirit!

Cheers

Rog

Nope good at tiles too. Very pointy, pointy end does the job nicely. :-)

Heh, I'll have to pick one of those up some time.

I've got 5 of the orange ones. Find them quite useful. I keep them stored with my collection of loose bricks.

I have one dk grey old style from my RIS set, at least one (maybe more) old style from loose purchases (all dk grey as far as I can remember) and a bunch of the new orange ones (none of the new ones in green though).

My collection is in boxes right now so I cant check for sure :)

And yes they can be quite useful :)

Edited by jonwil

Bit embarrassed to say it wasn't until my 4th that I worked out how to use the bricky end. I was mostly prising and unpicking with them. I have 4 orange and 1 green one. R2D2 was the first set I noticed the 'how to use the separator' instructions in (maybe it was in other sets but I was too keen building to notice this)!

I didn't even know what that thing was for some time. I would look at them, trying to figure out where I could use it (like a brick) but had no idea. One day, I don't remember why or how, I figured: this is a tool! From that point on, to realize how it worked was not difficult. I had never seen instructions until recently, after I already knew how to use it.

Over 35 just in orange but I got about half in a parts raffle.

We are moving this summer and I had to start taking down a lot of my sets over this winter break and I just wanted to comment on how thankful I am for these things! They make the process so much easier, and my fingers will forever be thankful to them! Getting tiles off plates no longer gives me nightmares :laugh:

I have nine of the older style, and eighteen of the new version. But I have many unopened sets that include them, so I would guess maybe forty of the new ones. I really like the newer orange ones, mostly for the Technic axle and sharp edge- those features are useful for me. The older ones seem more sturdy and easier to hold. The thumb rest really helps. I've never gone out and purchased a bagged separator- all of mine were either included with the set, part of a bulk lot, or handed out with purchase.

Has anyone noticed the LEGO Store placing little "Don't forget your Brick Separator" signs in front of sets that include them? I think I've seen one or two. I'd be a little upset if I shelled out $2.50 for one only to find out I was getting one anyway.

They're great for keeping your nails intact and your Lego in good condition. I've still only got one (orange) but I use it all the time.

I have 2 of the older green ones and 6 or so new orange ones. They're very handy but I forget I have them all the time.

I have about 5 I think. I get the impression the plastic of the seperator is not te best. It dents so very quickly when I'm untiling from bricks and plates, that I can't use one seperator for removing tiles anymore. I'd prefer the grip of the red crowbar, but It's so small to use.

Exactly, which is why I dunno if I like them included in sets or not. On the one hand they are definitely useful, but on the other hand they are taking up space that could be used for a few more bricks or they are hiking up the price of sets a bit. Obviously it's not a ton, but it's still something and after you get a few dozen their value really drops off :hmpf_bad:

Personally I just came out of my dark ages in 2012 with the LotR line and I already have 16 of the newer orange seperators. I have another 10-15 or so still in sealed sets so total I have almost 30.

Edited by Deathleech

The old dark grey ones are still in use on my desk :)

I have 2 dark gray and near 10 orange ones.

I have 20. It starts getting crazy after the 4th one, and now I just have one that I keep out and the others in a drawer. It's so handy to just have it out while you build your set, I use them all the time. The only annoying part is when you have 2 identical plates staked on top of another and you realize that one of them is the wrong color and you need to separate them, it's nearly impossible!

I've got close to a dozen now. One old green one that I'd bought before my dark ages, the rest new orange. I love them, super glad they come in big sets now because I'm never far from one, so I'm actually willing to stick plates together now! :laugh: I always had an aversion to it as a kid because I could never pry them loose. The smaller ones have their downsides but the advantage is, on longer plates and such, you can use multiples next to each other for a bit more "pull."

I currently have three orange ones, I never knew you could use them on tiles! I never seemed to catch on to that! I must say that they are VERY helpful when taking apart a MOC or set.

I have about 5 of the orange ones. Don't use them much as most of my MOC'ing is minifigs. However, with other MOCs (building, vehicles, base plates etc) they can be quite handy.

Vee, quite right about them not being free. I would have pointed it out if you hadn't. By the way, the paraphrasing of Pascal in your sig is cool. :sweet:

Amps