just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

I would have loved to have Exo Force return, which was probably my favorite theme besides Indy and SW in the past 10 years, but I'll definitely take a closer look at the Agents sets once they're out. I liked the volcano set and the giant robot, even if I never got them.

^ Sure, it would be cool, but we've had so many mechs recently.

Yeah, we've had lots of mechs.......so has in a way Haspro.......it's the contest called making money ! :grin:

It's interesting to note that Lego appear to be kiddy-ifying adult movie/TV themes. Take as a test case Galaxy Squad which could be considered a child friendly version of Starship Troopers.

I wonder if the main character will look like a James Bond or not ? :wink:

Brickset has been a joke for coverage and reviews for a long time now; I don't even think about going there except for their database.

It'll be great when NY Toy Fair comes along so we can get some legitimate looks at the theme and not some vague, biased description that makes it seem like everyone dislikes the Agents theme like the author who wrote it. They sound pretty interesting to be honest.

Indeed, almost all LEGO fansites (other than forums, but even then) have some sort of intensely bad thing going on with them.

Indeed, almost all LEGO fansites (other than forums, but even then) have some sort of intensely bad thing going on with them.

Sad, but true. Especially with these lackluster reports: Some report one theme, "can't remember" all the others. Can we please get somebody with a functional temporal lobe, please? Another reason why I can't wait for NY Toy Fair, where we can just see the pictures for ourselves. :drool:

I just wish they would at least pay attention to a particular set, if not the entire range.

Okay chaps, the topic at hand is the Ultra Agents theme, not poor coverage from other sites. If we'd all get back to the former it would be great.

If you want to discuss coverage god or bad I'd suggest a thread over in community or somesuch.

Cheers.

Yeah, we've had lots of mechs.......so has in a way Haspro.......it's the contest called making money ! :grin:

It's interesting to note that Lego appear to be kiddy-ifying adult movie/TV themes. Take as a test case Galaxy Squad which could be considered a child friendly version of Starship Troopers.

I wonder if the main character will look like a James Bond or not ? :wink:

Personally, I'd like to see more mechs... I like them! :grin:

Though Ultra Agents doesn't seem like the sort of theme to have mechs, but the original did have some. I guess we'll have to wait until next week. :wink:

If you want to discuss coverage god...

Coverage god? :tongue:

Edited by Lego Spy

Okay chaps, the topic at hand is the Ultra Agents theme, not poor coverage from other sites. If we'd all get back to the former it would be great.

If you want to discuss coverage god or bad I'd suggest a thread over in community or somesuch.

Cheers.

Isn't a lack of news on Agents because of poor coverage for Agents still on topic for Agents?

Really hoping the Toxikita whatever set has a female Slime Face with a trans-Neon Green head. It was very difficult to make a team of 6 out of the 3 heads available in that color.

Bleh, dyslexia... Still causes problems dontcha know.

No, complaining there isn't good enough news coverage got too general in the past few posts so let's just wait on some more information and work with what we do know.

My judgement shall await more finalized pictures of bigger sets. Impulse sized sets like that can't really give you a good idea of what a theme is like, and the minifigures in these early pics are almost always placeholders made from existing pieces. Still, it's something.

Edited by jamesster

It looks like the agent has a tuxedo in that set.

I think it's probably a sit in, since it's a preliminary. :wink:

Bleh, dyslexia... Still causes problems dontcha know.

Yeah... :sceptic:

Thanks for the images J2g and TheLazyChicken! That building looks hideous, but I can get behind that helicopter. I think I also spy a Hazmat suit.

And I agree with obsidianheart, I would love for the "Toxixtita" set to include a lead female villain, if that's what he meant by "slime face".

Looks like another Police theme with shinier gadgets and super powered thieves. :laugh: I'm not going to write this theme off yet though.

Well yeah. That's what the original Agents theme basically was. Somewhere halfway between City Police and Batman, with maybe an Agents of Shield undercurrent running through it. The smaller sets were always Agents foiling Inferno robberies, which led to th emedium priced sets which were seeking Inferno plans,a nd finally the larger ones foiling Inferno sinister evil plots of destruction.

Try posting the original source. Maybe if they get a huge response, they'll post more.

Actually they said they are posting all the images soon. I am still editing my posts to give credit to the real owner because I didn't have time to do before. I had to go somewhere important.

I would love to write the script for the LEGO Ultra Agents announcement:

"Hey kids, ready to use Grey-zone tactics to defeat the bad guys? Meet the Ultra Agents!

Between reading your phone logs and listening to your voice mail messages, the Ultra Agents will do whatever it takes..."

I doubt many parents are interested in toys that teach their kids that spying is cool right now...but I'm not a parent. (Yet...) I'm curious if anyone will try to link this theme to (Not so) recent NSA revalations?

Probably not.

Colourful bad guys with thematic names/weapons vs Agents in almost super hero/ power rangers style uniforms will not draw lines into the current polictical problem of guys in suits tapping into phones.

Just like how no one links James Bond with real world espionage in any serious way.

As it is also board policy to avoid political debates and the arguments and flames they cause could we keep this out of discussion now?

Cheers.