Sign in to follow this  
Torgar

The Raven's Aerie - Challenge 1B

indexed.gif

The Raven's Aerie is the home of brothers Rokkar and Korrak. It was built by their ancestors and has been a stronghold for the family ever since. Located high in the southern Rakath Mountains, it is inaccessible by foot, making it one of the most easily defended structures in all of Historica. The Aerie is now being used by The Black Spire to control the trade routes through the Rakath Mountains.

UoP credit claims: [Architecture]-roofing, [Architecture]-wall techniques, [Architecture]-round tower, [Military Science]-fortifications (4 credits total)

11487944296_b927b5b908_c.jpg

11487941796_71a669b72d_c.jpg

11487863234_fdaa19be0b_c.jpg

11487942546_37dbb9bd3a_c.jpg

11487957403_6ebf82a610_c.jpg

This may just be my favorite tower build! I love this thing, and it is so unique

Awesome, was this inspired by the tower of brothwrs? Very cool, photos are playing with my mind though, they look like ldd photos and real photos at the same time

Category B just got a lot harder to win... Sweet build, Torgar, you really nailed a dark atmosphere with the tower and that rockwork is lovely :wub:

The olive green vines are a nice touch and I like the lattices you used for windows :classic:

Holy SFODDA! Now I really need to work on my Challenge build. Gotta compete with that! UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

What an amazing MOC! I love the shape of the tower and the rocks are also very nice :classic:. Good luck in the contest!

Awesome. Reminds me of another tower MOC I've seen, but I can't remember its name... maybe it is the same one LD is thinking of... I'll see if I can find a photo of that one.

As for this one, great shape and texture. I like the color too. Photos look pretty good on this one as well. Overall, very excellent!

This thing is terrifying! I wouldn't want to stumble across it in my travels of Nocturnus. The bottom rock is incredible. I am awed with how the grass/dirt angles downward off the rock in the first picture.

Excellent work with using mainly dark bley for the castle, yet still making it vary in texture. I also like the windows. :thumbup:

Amazing tower :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the shape and the stonework :grin:

A top candiate for sure, if not the winner! I love this Torgar! Such a great tower with so many details! And the rockworks, just wow!

Beautiful! The rocks are superb. Great job!

Thanks Carson!

This may just be my favorite tower build! I love this thing, and it is so unique

Thanks Kayne!

Woah. This is fantastic! Rocks, tower, roof, foliage--all excellent. Great build!

Thanks mrcp6d!

lovely moc... excellent technics there... :thumbup:

Thanks Gunman!

Awesome, was this inspired by the tower of brothwrs? Very cool, photos are playing with my mind though, they look like ldd photos and real photos at the same time

Thanks LD! I'm not sure what the tower of brothers is... This was inspired my a tower moc I saw a long time ago on TBB (I think). When I joined Nocty I knew I had to try my take on a simular tower, but when I went looking for the MOC I couldnt find it. So this is my attempt at recreating that tower from memory. The final product is actually my third attempt at replicating the shape (lots of trial and error), but I eventually setteled on a shape I really liked. I'm happy you like it! Not sure about the photos though, thats somthing I'm really trying to get better at.

Amazing! That rock work is insane. Love the use of the Laketown guard torsos as well!

Thanks LV! I really like the Laketown torsos, and I couldnt resist using them.

Category B just got a lot harder to win... Sweet build, Torgar, you really nailed a dark atmosphere with the tower and that rockwork is lovely :wub:

The olive green vines are a nice touch and I like the lattices you used for windows :classic:

Thanks SK!

Holy SFODDA! Now I really need to work on my Challenge build. Gotta compete with that! UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

Thanks gedren!

What an amazing MOC! I love the shape of the tower and the rocks are also very nice :classic:. Good luck in the contest!

Thanks Simon!

Awesome. Reminds me of another tower MOC I've seen, but I can't remember its name... maybe it is the same one LD is thinking of... I'll see if I can find a photo of that one.

As for this one, great shape and texture. I like the color too. Photos look pretty good on this one as well. Overall, very excellent!

Thanks Z! Your probably thinking of the same one I am, I'd like to find that old MOC... its gotta be somwhere out there!

This thing is terrifying! I wouldn't want to stumble across it in my travels of Nocturnus. The bottom rock is incredible. I am awed with how the grass/dirt angles downward off the rock in the first picture.

Thanks janatale!

Excellent work with using mainly dark bley for the castle, yet still making it vary in texture. I also like the windows. :thumbup:

Thanks hammer!

Amazing tower :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the shape and the stonework :grin:

Thanks Wedge!

A top candiate for sure, if not the winner! I love this Torgar! Such a great tower with so many details! And the rockworks, just wow!

Wow, thanks DG!

This one?

nc06_600x800.jpg

Its called the tower of brothers, it won ccc misc some time ago and is featured in atleast 1 lego book, i dont know the name of the builder unfortunatly

I really love this tower... I might borrow the style or details of yr build... I expect even we Avalonians have to build some more Noct scenery in the next episodes of Book II.

Bloody fantastic.

What a beauty Torgar! Really nice rockwork and landscaping. The tower really does have a desolate, windswept atmosphere to it. UoP +1 to all your claims for sure. :thumbup:

Somehow, I didn't vote the first time I posted, but I definitely support the +1 for all the UoP claims here